The Student Room Group

Do you feel that your sometimes neglecting any of your subjects?

Poll

Do you neglect certain subjects?

I do Maths, English Literature, Chemistry and Psychology and I feel like I'm neglecting English Literature and Psychology sometimes (well not as much Literature anymore, as we've just done our 1st draft coursework). With Psychology, I just do the homework set and might look over a few notes before an exam but I seem to get A's in the tests so far. Although I do worry that I won't be able to get away with it when it comes the the exam and I'll end up doing poorly.

Does anyone else do this? And does anyone post-AS/A2 level have anything to say?

Scroll to see replies

Reply 1
yeah, i feel like i'm neglecting maths/further maths because most of the time i understand it first time, and then just remember it without having to recap it. where as some a2 physics topics i have to go over several times to get my head around it :p:
Reply 2
Yep, I neglect history so much I'm surprised it hasn't been taken away and put in a foster home yet.
Yes, History. :frown:
I neglect physics and computing in totality for maths and further maths; I do no work outside of lessons and even in lessons I do STEP papers instead. Oh well.
Yes, giving equal consideration to all of my 4 subjects is tough. I'm neglecting R.E at the moment because there's no Jan exam for it, but after Jan I would like to pay attention to all my subjects :smile:.
yes i kind of neglect politics, not because i dont find it interesting, but because both my politics AS modules are in june
Psychology is very neglected.
Reply 8
I neglect business because it's the same as gcse business and I know it all.
English Literature is being rejected heavily at the minute, although saying that, I've done three drafts of my coursework so I can really focus on my January exams for Psychology and Sociology.
I probably put too much time into Maths and not enough into my other 3 subjects, I'll be able to justify it when I start self-studying Further Maths though, and can't really do a lot outside lesson for my other 3 :\.
I neglect maths due to the fact I'm crap at it and don't have the motivation to befriend it :frown:
Reply 12
im neglecting business at the moment as i have no exam
also my ict cw often means i dont spend as much time on my other subjects as i would like
last year further maths took priority as i found it difficult, im surprised i found any time for the other subjects at all!!
Reply 13
I think it's more to do with prioritising. Sometimes, some subjects take more effort than others; it'd be silly to put equal effort into each of the 4 just for the sake of it.
Yes.
Geography
And Further Maths
:erm:

Sure, I don't have exams in eithe Geography, or FM (and normal Maths) till June, but still....
Mmmmhhhmm, Physics.
Maths, to an extent, but Physics mainly.
Yup, Graphics is normally neglected as I tend to prioritise my favourite subjects (English and History)
However, during the last few weeks my History has been a bit neglected as I've had to concentrate on my Graphics final piece. But now my English will be neglected as I have to finish my current Graphics unit as well as do my first draft of my History coursework!

Meh, just the way things go :biggrin:
Haha yeah, I was just thinking in my head, yeah I probably neglect english in comparision to french and spanish.. and then history just popped into my head as I forgot about it..
It seems I neglect poor old history..
Reply 18
i probably neglet all of them as i work sometimes too much, for example working 35 odd hours this week
I neglect Politics, but I enjoy neglecting it :biggrin:

Latest