The Student Room Group
AG27
Hi, i'm studying Edexcel History for AS and one of my units includes Italian Unification. I've heard that 'reading around the subject' for History is helpful, so are there any good books that anyone could recommend me?

What books are you already using?
Reply 2
The Unification of Italy 1815-70 THIRD EDITION by Robert Pearce and Andrina Styles

is sound
Reply 3
davireland
What books are you already using?

The book that ElWilson mentioned, by Andrina Stiles.
Reply 4
ElWilson
The Unification of Italy 1815-70 THIRD EDITION by Robert Pearce and Andrina Styles

is sound

Thanks, but as mentioned in the post above, I already use that book and I was thinking more of a good in-depth reading book and not a text book.
AG27
Thanks, but as mentioned in the post above, I already use that book and I was thinking more of a good in-depth reading book and not a text book.

D. Mack Smith, The making of Italy, 1796-1870
D. Beales & E. Biagini, The Risorgimento and the Unification of Italy
ElWilson

is sound

Yep, that ones pretty darn good considering how boring this unit is.
Reply 7
AG27
Hi, i'm studying Edexcel History for AS and one of my units includes Italian Unification. I've heard that 'reading around the subject' for History is helpful, so are there any good books that anyone could recommend me?

http://www.amazon.co.uk/Unification-Italy-Access-History/dp/0340907010/ref=sr_1_3?ie=UTF8&s=books&qid=1231600675&sr=8-3

I solely used the book I've linked you too and I got 100% in the exam. :smile:
Reply 8
Tyrotoxism

Thats the book I use in class, so if I learn the contents inside out and get the exam structure right, hopefully I'll do fine. Thanks.
Reply 9
I have that book too, if I just learn all of that, do you think I have a chance of getting a B? I am finding it sooo hard!

Latest

Trending

Trending