The Student Room Group

Scroll to see replies

Reply 120
stibbit
Was someone watching Die Hard 3 the other night by any chance?

No, but yeah thats where its from, piece of piss when i heard it,
twistme

Spoiler

Isn't that effectively them all writing down 'I paid' or 'I didn't pay' on a piece of paper, folding it up and then mixing them all together so no one can tell who wrote which one?
Reply 122
TableChair
Isn't that effectively them all writing down 'I paid' or 'I didn't pay' on a piece of paper, folding it up and then mixing them all together so no one can tell who wrote which one?

Our lecturer wouldn't allow a solution that involved writing things down. Something about recognising handwriting (or just being difficult to make us think harder :rolleyes:)
twistme
Our lecturer wouldn't allow a solution that involved writing things down. Something about recognising handwriting (or just being difficult to make us think harder :rolleyes:)

Fair play. I spent ages trying to think of a method that didn't rely on a similar principle.... I failed :frown:
Reply 124
Ah, i never thought this thread would go onto 7 pages! Some great mind questions here, thanks everyone

anyone got any more!!
twistme

That coin-flipping only works if the payer lies. But what if he chooses not to lie about the coin flip but do lie about he paying the meal?
ukdragon37
That coin-flipping only works if the payer lies. But what if he chooses not to lie about the coin flip but do lie about he paying the meal?

I think the point is that they all agree to find out if it was one of them or someone else. The person only wishes to remain anonymous.
Itzz I think by using combinations/..
so simply answer is 10C2...ie.45

Latest

Trending

Trending