The Student Room Group

Scroll to see replies

Rock.
Reply 2
Yeah I would say it's quite hard, although it's my strongest subject by far. Chemistry is really split into two parts in AQA A levels, organic and inorganic. The organic requires a lot of learning and inorganic is all about the maths with a bit of learning. It is quite hard but it is a great subject.
Reply 3
Ramadulla
Rock.

Paper, I win!!! :woo:
Reply 4
hm
thankss for the advice

im still not sure if i want to take it though

:s-smilie:
It's hard, but also worth doing. As long as you give the subject some time, put in the effort, and generally work hard with it (same for any subject really, but Chem mainly, considering it's difficulty), you'll see the results come flying in :smile:

If you want to do a sciency/mathy type course at Uni, I'd definitely suggest doing it.
Eh!?

AQA Chemistry New Spec isn't THAT hard. Sure you need to get your head around some key concepts, but once you've done that, and about an hours study a night, or a minimum of 4 a week, your fine.

Then again, I could be doing something majorly wrong.
if your good at chemistry, end enjoy it and thinking of doing something sciency at university. Then i would take it. Yes its hard in parts but if you stick at it and put the time and effort in then you'll be fine.
xxxxxxxx
It's not hard, more time-consuming.
I'd say it was pretty hard, but then I don't know about the new spec...I found that AS was ok, and now Mod 4 is getting to me.
But if you enjor it, definitely do it. It's quite interesting at times...
Reply 10
i'LL JUST SAY CHEMISTRY whichever exam board, separates the men from the boys. Its by far the hardest A Level ever. Even biology and physics aren't even close in terms of difficulty.
It's not half as bad as people make it out to be. I quite like Chemistry.
Biology is worse. Fear Biology.
Reply 12
hmm thanks for the advice everyone :biggrin:
piece_by_piece

Agreed.
Reply 14
piece_by_piece

lol, i'm definetely taking biology :s-smilie:

but im enjoy biology the most, so yeah

i dont mind that :]
Bainsy101
lol, i'm definetely taking biology :s-smilie:

but im enjoy biology the most, so yeah

i dont mind that :]

Fair enough. Hopefully you'll enjoy it at AS too. Hopefully :ninja:
Reply 16
I'm doing the first module at the moment, it's piss-easy.

Although I've heard that A2 is much, much harder.
Reply 17
piece_by_piece
Fair enough. Hopefully you'll enjoy it at AS too. Hopefully :ninja:

is it extremely different compared to GCSE Biology?

or was it because you wasnt too fond of that aswell?

because my teacher said i would be perfect at A-level biology because of my mock results :s-smilie:
Bainsy101
is it extremely different compared to GCSE Biology?

or was it because you wasnt too fond of that aswell?

because my teacher said i would be perfect at A-level biology because of my mock results :s-smilie:

It's just a lot more to learn. You have to know everything, but just knowing the stuff doesn't mean that you'll get an A. You have to be able to apply your knowledge and that part of it is really difficult, in my opinion anyway. I think it's more enjoyable than GCSE Biology though.
piece_by_piece

AHHHH yes i agree soooo much. The questions in biology suck...

Latest