The Student Room Group

Scroll to see replies

Reply 40
M&S is meant to be one of the best. Tesco is surprisingly good too, it definately goes well over £6 an hour when you are 18, im on like £5.70 or similar (im 17).
boots. £7.00 per hour and £10.50 per hour on sundays. next- £6.50 per hour.
£4.54 at Sainsbury's... I'm 16.
8.14 asda BRUAHHHHHHHH OH RAAAAAKKKKKKKKKESSSSSSSSSSSHAAAAAAAA
Reply 44
J4GGYBoss
8.14 asda BRUAHHHHHHHH OH RAAAAAKKKKKKKKKESSSSSSSSSSSHAAAAAAAA

How old are you? I've heard they are really good for high(er) wages. :yep:
becky.fm
How old are you? I've heard they are really good for high(er) wages. :yep:

18 :smile: i love it there but it sucks 12 week contract only so alot of competition but enjoy the 12 weeks plus if they keep you on permenant and you get suspended they pay you full pay for 12 weeks which is wkd :P
becky.fm
Use your wages to pay your bus fare :p:

haha I could. but then I won't be able to buy myself luxeries. Better pawning a few quid from parents than spending my own. :wink:
Reply 47
jacy_babi
boots. £7.00 per hour and £10.50 per hour on sundays. next- £6.50 per hour.

boots is 6.17 for an 18 yr old, I am sure of that! :yep:
me too never heard of 7 pound but im on 8.50 at asda WOOOOOOOP
Reply 49
I work in RS McColl's (they trade under a different name down south..Martin's or something I THINK) for £4.77 an hour and I'm 18! I'm wel aware that it's slave labour but tbh I love the people I work with. I've had better paid jobs (that I hated) but I would rather be happy and get on with my colleagues than have a great pay but be unhappy :smile:
Asda's, Debenhams, Next, Matalan all offer good salaries.
Summer24
boots is 6.17 for an 18 yr old, I am sure of that! :yep:

it differs from store to store. i work in the one in bond street and that is how much they pay me).
Reply 52
Summer24
What is the best place to work at in retail, as sale assistant, money wise?
I know WHsmiths is ment to be are meant to be quite good, its £6.17 an hour for an 18 yr old.

I worked at La Senza (this is obviously for girls only) this year. The pay is really good- £6.52 an hour. However a word of warning- it's hard work, especially in the busy stores in shopping centres. It is more interesting than working on a checkout (in my opinion) as you are constantly talking to the public, advising them and you even get trained to do bra fittings!...maybe that puts you off, I don't know! Don't go near the one in Southampton- the manager is crap, an absolue bully. I couldn't take her any longer so I left. Actually, that's one thing to consider when looking for a job- an all girl environment can end up being a bitchy one!
charlo26

I worked at La Senza (this is obviously for girls only) this year. The pay is really good- £6.52 an hour. However a word of warning- it's hard work, especially in the busy stores in shopping centres. It is more interesting than working on a checkout (in my opinion) as you are constantly talking to the public, advising them and you even get trained to do bra fittings!...maybe that puts you off, I don't know! Don't go near the one in Southampton- the manager is crap, an absolue bully. I couldn't take her any longer so I left. Actually, that's one thing to consider when looking for a job- an all girl environment can end up being a bitchy one!

:sigh: can be true where i work, but i usualy stay out the way and just be friendly to eveyrone. maybe they all hate me secretly :ninja:
Reply 54
charlo26

where I used to work (Boots) was all girls and about 7 boys they were all really old except this particular boy, so all the girls fancied him! they used to give me dirtty looks for even asking him, where things were! lol quite funny but it was annoying!
Reply 55
charlo26

Wow 6.52? I'm at La Senza currently on 5.73. My manager isnt the best either..I heard shes hopped around stores in Hampshire. o_O
Reply 56
I was age 19 when I was working at Lush on 5.35 an hour, but with 50% discount on products it was worth it! Are there any perks to working at Asda, Boots etc. besides the pay?
Absent
I was age 19 when I was working at Lush on 5.35 an hour, but with 50% discount on products it was worth it! Are there any perks to working at Asda, Boots etc. besides the pay?

ok ASDA Nights
Wage 8.14
10% off everything including alcohol already at special offers
22 days holiday, FULL PAY which is amazing
Vending machine food is free, they have a cafeteria snooker table etc
The managers are quality where i work, but anywhere else MEAN!
an 1 hour break
etc etc it goes on
BUT MY GOD ITS HARD WORK SOMETIMES ESPECIALLY DECEMBER!
Reply 58
lol in this day and age the quesion should be "Places that offer jobs".

I heard M&S pays a mean salary though.
J4GGYBoss
ok ASDA Nights
Wage 8.14
10% off everything including alcohol already at special offers
22 days holiday, FULL PAY which is amazing
Vending machine food is free, they have a cafeteria snooker table etc
The managers are quality where i work, but anywhere else MEAN!
an 1 hour break
etc etc it goes on
BUT MY GOD ITS HARD WORK SOMETIMES ESPECIALLY DECEMBER!

8.14 for nights??? thats not brilliant, the average wage for someone doing nights where I work (Sainsbury's) is £10.05, normal base rate for an over 18 who's worked for the company for 3 months is £6.70 then its 1.5x if you work nights.

Latest

Trending

Trending