The Student Room Group

Recommend me revision techniques

Hi everyone,

Usually when I "revise" for exams I just make comprehensive notes about each module and read them out loud (looking like a buffoon when I'm at it) but this is often difficult to remember and doesn't really seem to work etc. As its A2 I want to do my very best so can anyone recommend ways to actually remember all the information easily.

I know it's a really common question but what can I do that's quite simple yet highly effective and yes, I know it varies from person to person.
I write notes on piece of card, draw mind maps and use colour that how I remember stuff!
Or you can record your voice and play it
Reply 2
rather than just reading it out...try making yourself a test with questions requiring answers of things you need to know.
when you can get 100% in the test you have learnt it!
Gamer99
Hi everyone,

Usually when I "revise" for exams I just make comprehensive notes about each module and read them out loud (looking like a buffoon when I'm at it) but this is often difficult to remember and doesn't really seem to work etc. As its A2 I want to do my very best so can anyone recommend ways to actually remember all the information easily.

I know it's a really common question but what can I do that's quite simple yet highly effective and yes, I know it varies from person to person.

This is also what I do, but this year I'm going to try and record me reading the notes out to play whilst I sleep, or walking anywhere etc. Also I am drawing and annotating pictures and sticking them arounf my room, making them as colourful as possible.

What sort of learner are you? Audio, Visual or Kinetic?

I'm audio and visual that is why I am doing what I am doing.
Reply 4
to save about 80% of the time, ONLY revise what's covered in an exam. I know its good to have a general knowledge and understanding of the topic but excessive information (unless it is strictly related to the question) doesn't impress examiners (who are limited in what they can ward)

the topics should be on a syllabus, tackle them first, alot of book pages you don't need to revise. revise smarter not harder!
Reply 5
put all your past papers & solutions in the bath and learn by osmosis
Reply 6
Big colourful posters on the back of your bathroom door. When you poo, shower or brush your teeth, READ THEM.
spursj911
put all your past papers & solutions in the bath and learn by osmosis

Lol

On the +rep list you go :p:
Reply 8
Thanks for the suggestions so far and that Osmosis idea is brilliant.

I have made about 20 mind maps (one for each case study that I have to learn for geography) should I just keep going over them because right now I remember nothing about them and I'm probably doing it wrong?

EDIT: And despite all those tests at school I was always a mix of all three techniques (audio, kinaesthetic etc) which really doesn't help as I don't believe that's possible / true.

Latest