The Student Room Group
Manchester Metropolitan University
Manchester

Fuming

So, I'm still pretty peeved because I go to MMU. I submitted my coursework on the 8th of Jan *we have to put them in these locked bin type things* Anyway I only just checked my e-mail which I know is my fault but I have an e-mail saying I submitted it late when I submitted it a day early. I have no way of proving I gave it in on time so now my mark is capped at 40% because of someone in the coursework office. I'm so peeved :mad:

Sorry I just needed to vent :frown:
Reply 1
Damn that's bad, feel for you and I would be really angry about that. You can't prove you handed it in on time, neither can they prove you handed it in late though.
Manchester Metropolitan University
Manchester
Really harsh mate, i'm sorry :frown:

It's definately worth complaining, but i agree, if it's like most unis - i doubt they'll change it.

Was the c/w worth much?
Reply 3
schrodinger's cat
Really harsh mate, i'm sorry :frown:

It's definately worth complaining, but i agree, if it's like most unis - i doubt they'll change it.

Was the c/w worth much?

I think it was 40% of my module :frown:

I am loving my 'mature student' experience lol :rolleyes:
Reply 4
Do you not sign anything so they know the day you handed it in?
Reply 5
Next time take a dated picture, or something.
Reply 6
Nah everyone just sticks it in a box related to their surname which I don't know why my department does it like this because none of the other departments do it like that :-/
Did you get an email receipt? Elizabeth Gaskall has a similar system of putting it in a box and you get an email receipt once they've received it.
Why are they saying you handed it in late. Duh sorry i'm just a bit confused!

In my department they empty the box and stamp everything everyday with the date and time etc so thats quite good.
Reply 9
8th of jan is the future?
Reply 10
Sorry i've confused people (and myself). My essay was due in the 9th of December. I filled in the cover sheet and put it in a plastic packet and dropped it in the blue box on the 8th. I went off. Three days later (11th) I got an e-mail saying my coursework was late and I still had time to submit it and just get a capped mark. On the 12th I got an e-mail from MMU saying they'd just got my essay but i'd put it in the box 4 days before. I have no way of proving it was on time as they don't stamp it and the e-mail says its late...
Well, if they won't accept you gave it in early without proof there isnt much you can do sadly. It could have been worse though, at least you'll get a pass mark, some places will give you 0 for late work.
That is so **** :frown:
But why did it only happen to you? Because your essay would have been in the box with everyone else who posted it on time?

i think i may be missing something!
We have to have ours stamped by a human being, who gives us a receipt. Seems bizarre that yours is so different.
It happens at Nottingham University as well, well for us Business Postgrads it does!!! Its such a stupid system as you can't prove that you've handed it in on time unless you photograph the receipt itself..

However at De Montfort University their system was excellent as when you handed your coursework in the receipt would get time stamped and then you received a copy of the receipt!!! But here at Nottingham it is the complete opposite to excellent in my own opinion.
matt4504
So, I'm still pretty peeved because I go to MMU. I submitted my coursework on the 8th of Jan *we have to put them in these locked bin type things* Anyway I only just checked my e-mail which I know is my fault but I have an e-mail saying I submitted it late when I submitted it a day early. I have no way of proving I gave it in on time so now my mark is capped at 40% because of someone in the coursework office. I'm so peeved :mad:

Sorry I just needed to vent :frown:

Right ok... did you make a header/footer on your coursework with the date?? If you did that can be used as kinda a claim if it's been dated earlier than it was meant to be handed in. The receipting office is open over christmas but for funny times. Not sure what department or building you're in, but I do know that the receipting office in Geoffrey Manton is open for a few hours over the holidays. They might be able to get in touch with someone for you or give you some advice. Don't email people at the moment as most likely you won't receive a response.

Also, get in touch with your head of department/module as they are probably the only ones who can waiver something like this.
Reply 16
Well I've e-mailed everyone I can think of in one big go and the business school is pretty much dead at the moment. Nothing I can really do for a few weeks really. We shall see. Hmm.
matt4504
Well I've e-mailed everyone I can think of in one big go and the business school is pretty much dead at the moment. Nothing I can really do for a few weeks really. We shall see. Hmm.

As I have said, it's a busy time, don't email. Contact them directly.
Reply 18
Xx Tomásíona - Mháire xX
As I have said, it's a busy time, don't email. Contact them directly.

Yeah I will when there's actually anyone at work

Latest

Trending

Trending