The Student Room Group

Scroll to see replies

Sad and unexpected that Merckle committed suicide, on the back of the VW shares short-selling, he got played.

Still, the banks obviously see the drugs businesses are the most profitable in the portfolio if they were after a slice.
whos i merckle?

can I just ask what is this economic downturn about anyway?
Band 6s don't get filled because of pay. Its as much as a 15k discrepency between starting in hospital/community post reg. If you choose to locum, the disparity is even greater.

I've lost interest with the politics of all the society wranglings. All I know is that I'm foced to pay £413 in January to do my job in teh hospital (of which i'm kindly reimbursed £30, whihc is subjected to tax. This fee is paid for you if you are a community pharmacist.

I'll join whatever council I'm forced to join to continue doing my job but The Society as it is has all its strings pulled by Boots+co. I can't see how that will change to be honest.
The price for retention on the register will most likely decrease when the new bodies come in.

Your retention fee may not necessarily be paid if you work for an independent and is event less likely if you are a self-employed locum. The only reason the multiples pay for your fee is because they deprive you of money in other ways. Also, the vast majority of community pharmacists enter their first year on 90% of their leaving salary - while hospital pharmacist salaries increase to at least equal to community and possible even above in certain positions. Though if you want the big cash-monies i would say go take a hop, skip, and a jump over to industry.

The new regulator will not be run by boots, and a lot of the stuff that is happening at the minute is due to the government's actions and not that induced by the CCA.
Hmm but then there will be 2 different bodies to join. I can't see the overall price decreasing. And yes I know we don't have to join both but I'm sure there will be a catch that will make it so we pretty much have to ...
-Emmz-
Hmm but then there will be 2 different bodies to join. I can't see the overall price decreasing. And yes I know we don't have to join both but I'm sure there will be a catch that will make it so we pretty much have to ...

The Catch = The voluntary body will provide most of the CPD. You have to do CPD to be accredited and stay on the register.
TigerSwift
The price for retention on the register will most likely decrease when the new bodies come in.

Your retention fee may not necessarily be paid if you work for an independent and is event less likely if you are a self-employed locum. The only reason the multiples pay for your fee is because they deprive you of money in other ways. Also, the vast majority of community pharmacists enter their first year on 90% of their leaving salary - while hospital pharmacist salaries increase to at least equal to community and possible even above in certain positions. Though if you want the big cash-monies i would say go take a hop, skip, and a jump over to industry.

The new regulator will not be run by boots, and a lot of the stuff that is happening at the minute is due to the government's actions and not that induced by the CCA.

Poor locums, £25+/hour, no responsibility forwhere they are working in the long term and have accountants to claim back huge chunks of their money in terms of fee/petrol money/clothes etc.

I am happy working in hospital, into the second year now and love the wards i do, feel i'm lerning all the while and getting funding to do the diploma which is great.Pay including on-call is around £27.5k with on call which is enough for my mortgage and to afford luxuries.. (i wouldn't say no to a rise though!!)

Industry wouldn't appeal to me at all, i like the patient contact, its why i chsoe the job.

as for boots... the RPSGB top dog being a boots lifer even if he doesn't mean to, he will have blinkered views. Boots current practice of forcing pre-reg's to stay on post reg seems completely immoral to me. The claim its due to the sums of money invested during training; considering te RPSGB grant for taking on pre-regs it effectively means they get highly qualified graduates working for them for peanuts and tie them in to something they know hey'll then find hard to leave.

*due to start on-call for the forthcoming week tomorrow night: in a weeks time i'll hate hospital ;-)
Jimmocrates

*due to start on-call for the forthcoming week tomorrow night: in a weeks time i'll hate hospital ;-)

You do on call all week? I would probably collapse if I had to do that lol! Is it a busy on call? I've only done one so far ... but already I don't like it! Haha.
So anyone read much about the rs legislation, can anyone briefly summarise it for me and briefly summarise the roles of the general pharmaceutical council.

Latest

Trending

Trending