The Student Room Group

This boy is annoying me!

I have just been talking with one of my friends of the other sex on MSN...I have been trying to get to go somewhere with me not on a date but just out. I have this thing where I would pefer him to ask me but I have been hinting

this is the lastest attempt

Him: how r u
Me: I am good
H:gdgd
M:what did you say before How r u? the window closed for some reason
*gap*
M:you there
H: yer sorry i sed sorry lol
M: lol I am joking...all I got was Cupid and I was happy enough with that
H: lol kooool tht was nice
M: I am jealous though of this girl I work with has a new boyfriend he took her to a ball on the weekend and then frankie + bennie's on monday and paided for EVERYTHING - £45
H: wow lucky her im jealess of her lol....awsome
M: yeah and she has only been seeing him since friday and he works with us
H: really he must really lik her then...lucky girl
M: I know
H: so how ur day been
M: crap...Its been my only day off today and I haven't done any of the work I was suppose to do
H: aw tht a buger then...hav u got much work to do
M: loads but I am just not in the mood
H:fair enough i should be doin art but i cant bothered yet i usal doin it last few days
M: I am in work now until monday...I think I may have Friday off though so I am going to see a film
H: koool do u kno wot u goin to see lol
M: no I might just decided then and there, would be nice to have some company though
H: yer well u could alway ask some1 workin with u dwn there or im sure some1 will go with u amy or some1
*gap*
H: im sorry i g2g for a bit ill be bk soon tho me mum want the phone

Is it just me?

Scroll to see replies

Reply 1
a_musical_gal
I have just been talking with one of my friends of the other sex on MSN...I have been trying to get to go somewhere with me not on a date but just out. I have this thing where I would pefer him to ask me but I have been hinting

this is the lastest attempt

Him: how r u
Me: I am good
H:gdgd
M:what did you say before How r u? the window closed for some reason
*gap*
M:you there
H: yer sorry i sed sorry lol
M: lol I am joking...all I got was Cupid and I was happy enough with that
H: lol kooool tht was nice
M: I am jealous though of this girl I work with has a new boyfriend he took her to a ball on the weekend and then frankie + bennie's on monday and paided for EVERYTHING - £45
H: wow lucky her im jealess of her lol....awsome
M: yeah and she has only been seeing him since friday and he works with us
H: really he must really lik her then...lucky girl
M: I know
H: so how ur day been
M: crap...Its been my only day off today and I haven't done any of the work I was suppose to do
H: aw tht a buger then...hav u got much work to do
M: loads but I am just not in the mood
H:fair enough i should be doin art but i cant bothered yet i usal doin it last few days
M: I am in work now until monday...I think I may have Friday off though so I am going to see a film
H: koool do u kno wot u goin to see lol
M: no I might just decided then and there, would be nice to have some company though
H: yer well u could alway ask some1 workin with u dwn there or im sure some1 will go with u amy or some1
*gap*
H: im sorry i g2g for a bit ill be bk soon tho me mum want the phone

Is it just me?

and he still dont get the hint? :eek:
nope
Reply 3
even I got the hint there..!
why don't you just ask him straight out, he might be bad at picking up on hints or he might recognise them but he just might dismiss them or something
Reply 5
Exactly. He may just think 'well if that's what she wanted, she'd ask me outright'. Just ask him, it's not always the blokes job you know.
i think he got the hint but is either a)too shy to pick it up in case he wrong or b) has a gf already/is gay/not interested
Reply 7
I think thats so obvious that if he were interested he would have said something by now.
He *does* use txt tlk so maybe he's not so good on the whole hint front. I'd just say "Fancy coming to see a film?" and see wot he sez. :biggrin:
why didn't you just say I'll come to the cinema with you? I go the cinema with my best mate, doesn't mean I'm gay and fancy him so in the event he doesn't like you and he went on the defensive saying no sorry not interested you could have just said its only the cinema, friends always go the cinema together
He isn't see anyone. As a matter of a fact his ex used to be one of my friends.

Also, I am not looking for a date just something
a_musical_gal

Sex?
englishstudent
Sex?

NO WAY!
a_musical_gal

then just ask him to the movies and see if he acts like it's a date or not...
kiss?
englishstudent
Sex?

:rofl: LOOOL :biggrin:
go: hey nobody wants to come with me im really pissed off...everybody's going somewhere :mad: if i had anyone else to ask i would, but you seem to be my last resort LOL. what u doing this friday? If you tell me that you're going out as well I'll kill you and jst go with my cat, man! lol

now if he says hes doing something and dsnt propose another date then mate, he dsnt like you :redface: but if he accepts..you got all your chances hun :wink::smile:
a_musical_gal

what do you mean soemthing. if u fancy him, its a date. if u dont fancy him u r doing it to piss of f his ex
I doubt he would be able to come on Friday as I am going to the cinema after my driving lesson which is 8-10 because I thought I was working but I don't think I am
Reply 19
If you don't want a date or anything towards romance at all I don't see why you have to hint and make him be all you wanna go out. And also if he doesn't like you (not picking up on it) it is only a good thing as it is a prerequisite for a healthy friend-relationship, I'd say dude wanna go do something sometime? Not like a date or anything just hang out.

Latest

Trending

Trending