The Student Room Group
De Montfort University
De Montfort University
Leicester
Visit website

Residence at University of Leicester

I will be descending upon Leicester in September 2009 to pursue a Masters degree in Finance and will very shortly have to select a place of residence for the roughly 51 weeks that I will be there.

I have looked at the Salisbury Road Houses specifically since John Frears House allows for 51 week rental periods. I have looked over other residences, unfortunately the majority only allow for 42 week contracts.

If anyone has advice on suitable residence for a post-grad student please do notify. Any tips regarding residence in general would also be very much welcomed and appreciated. :smile:
Reply 1
opal court?
De Montfort University
De Montfort University
Leicester
Visit website
Reply 2
Opal has an option for 51 week contract?
Reply 3
Nixon court is where alot of the internationals go ain't it?
Reply 4
Salisbury Road is pretty cool - really nice on the outside, labyrinthine on the inside but with a nice vibe. I'd certainly rather live there than Nixon.
Reply 5
Yes, I'm actually leaning towards Salisbury Road. I have heard that Opal is really nice, but once the 42 week contract is up, I would need to find other accommodations for the remaining 9 weeks of the academic year.

Is there any way that "Accommodation Services" would make an exception and extend the period from 42 to 52 weeks? Has anyone ever heard of such a practice taking place?
Reply 6
sammytheman
Yes, I'm actually leaning towards Salisbury Road. I have heard that Opal is really nice, but once the 42 week contract is up, I would need to find other accommodations for the remaining 9 weeks of the academic year.

Is there any way that "Accommodation Services" would make an exception and extend the period from 42 to 52 weeks? Has anyone ever heard of such a practice taking place?

Opal is 'nicer' than Salisbury Road, but I think Salisbury has a cooler atmosphere, but that might be just because I've got good friends in there this year.

I've never heard of that no, but might be worth an e mail?

Latest

Trending

Trending