The Student Room Group

Scroll to see replies

Reply 20
Insert, then footnote. Microsoft word and works automatically number them for you, so all you have to do is type the title, author etc. next to the little number that appears.
Reply 21
rachplatt
Insert, then footnote. Microsoft word and works automatically number them for you, so all you have to do is type the title, author etc. next to the little number that appears.

Ta muchly :smile: See York obviously know what they're doing, giving places to clever people like you!
Reply 22
you know its true :-) That's why everyone should go to York! (We can't tell everyone on here that James is the best though cos there'll be no space left for us if they apply there!)
Doolally
Ok helppppp. I've just finished my history coursework (Big yay!), but now need to go back to to do footnotes. Problem is, i've completelty forgotten how to do them (Not exactly a computer whizz you see). Can anyone help? :smile:

I just asked my clever computer-literate friend for you, and she told me the easiest way to do it: 'If you are on Word, open up your document. Then just press Ctrl & Alt and F at the same time and that will insert your footnote.' You can also do it by clicking 'Insert', scrolling down to 'Reference' and then following the arrow across to 'Footnote.' Hope that helps, although it's probably a bit late if you've already discovered how to do it yourself!
White_redrose
I just asked my clever computer-literate friend for you, and she told me the easiest way to do it: 'If you are on Word, open up your document. Then just press Ctrl & Alt and F at the same time and that will insert your footnote.' You can also do it by clicking 'Insert', scrolling down to 'Reference' and then following the arrow across to 'Footnote.' Hope that helps, although it's probably a bit late if you've already discovered how to do it yourself!

Oops, sorry, didn't see from the previous post that it had already been answered, sorry! lol
Doolally
Yeah i guessed you liked the Tudors! I hadn't done any before AS, when I did H8, Edward and Mary. Now doing indepth study of Elizabeth I and a "rebellions and disorder" module which covers the whole period. I need to do this essay on security of the Tudor Dynasty but I don't know were to start :frown: I do really like Tudor actually, especially stuff like the marriage question for Elizabeth and about her personality. Infact I really like the whole study of the Elizabeth module...the MQS is really interesting etc.
Yeah my history teachers have both been really interested in how things are going..read multiple drafts of my PS etc. Apparently our school has a pupil that is doing York (in his first year) and he came back last term and said how good it was, and how diverse the course was. My hist teacher also said he's heard lots more great things about History teacher, and I'm sure he knows what hes talking about!
Any closer to reaching a decision about firm/insurance yet?

I just finished looking at MQS too, and I agree, it is really interesting. What's the title of your essay that you are stuck on? I might be able to lend a hand, (if I understand it, lol) if you are still wondering where to start.
That's good - I think it's always kinda reassuring if your teachers are supportive. Are you def. going to choose York over Bristol then? Er - well, I don't think I'm going to go for Durham now, despite the general loveliness of the place and the fab course. I think I just prefer the other two more. So I've narrowed it down to Cambridge and York. (So at least I'm one step closer to making a decision, lol)
Reply 26
White_redrose
I just finished looking at MQS too, and I agree, it is really interesting. What's the title of your essay that you are stuck on? I might be able to lend a hand, (if I understand it, lol) if you are still wondering where to start.
That's good - I think it's always kinda reassuring if your teachers are supportive. Are you def. going to choose York over Bristol then? Er - well, I don't think I'm going to go for Durham now, despite the general loveliness of the place and the fab course. I think I just prefer the other two more. So I've narrowed it down to Cambridge and York. (So at least I'm one step closer to making a decision, lol)

get to cambridge and ****ing well behave yourself.
Reply 27
White_redrose

Awh thanks..i still haven't done it, cos i've lost the title. I'll PM you the title when I found it if thats ok?
Well, at leats you've narrowed it down to two, its getting there! Yep, at the moment York is just beating Bristol..don't know how long it'll stay like that for though! I just love the place so much.

Oh, and Rachel - yeah we better shut up about James now shouldn't we?
James actually sucks everyone. honest. :p:
Doolally
Awh thanks..i still haven't done it, cos i've lost the title. I'll PM you the title when I found it if thats ok?
Well, at leats you've narrowed it down to two, its getting there! Yep, at the moment York is just beating Bristol..don't know how long it'll stay like that for though! I just love the place so much.

Yeah, that's fine - I'm just looking at the implications of the title now, hopefully I'll be able to PM you a few ideas later/tomorrow morning. :smile:
Reply 29
Doolally

Oh, and Rachel - yeah we better shut up about James now shouldn't we?
James actually sucks everyone. honest. :p:

My mum says I have to go to James if I go to York...how awful!! I can't think of a worse place to spend my time in uni! *cough cough*
Doolally

I've just sent you a couple of ideas about how to approach the essay. :-) I know...I'm getting there with my choices, slowly but surely! I think I might visit them both again and look long and hard at the courses, weigh up the advantages and disadvantages of each etc before I make my final decision. I don't want to regret anything by rushing into either. My friends are teasing me, (good-naturedly) saying knowing me I probably won't ever make up my mind, lol. Have you visited Bristol yet? I haven't been, so I don't know what it's like.
Well im quite confused atm! Seen as i only have 2 to choose between (because im not interested in warwick) its either Notts or Newcastle, but if i put Newcastle down at my first then i will have no reserve as the Notts offer is higher!

ATM im thinking Notts = 1st Newcastle =2nd but that might change when i visit newcastle!
exmoorkatie
Well im quite confused atm! Seen as i only have 2 to choose between (because im not interested in warwick) its either Notts or Newcastle, but if i put Newcastle down at my first then i will have no reserve as the Notts offer is higher!
ATM im thinking Notts = 1st Newcastle =2nd but that might change when i visit newcastle!

How come you aren't interested in Warwick? Nottingham is a really good uni and nicely situated too, but you should go for the one you like best! (I haven't visited Newcastle so don't know much about it) Straight History or combined honours?
White_redrose
How come you aren't interested in Warwick? Nottingham is a really good uni and nicely situated too, but you should go for the one you like best! (I haven't visited Newcastle so don't know much about it) Straight History or combined honours?

straight history at notts and newcastle. I dont like warwick because they rejected me for straight history and i dont really want to do the hist and soc course i applied for! (its my mistake for making stupid choices!) plus its in the middle of nowhere, and i just never really wanted to go there!

i really like nottingham too... shall just have to see!
All you ppl doing history cwsk *shakes head*. We do no cwsk for history at my school (i wish we did) instead its all on the exam and we're not doing Russia again after GCSE, instead the ascendency of France (1589-1715), Cromwell and the Restoration - because my teachers are irrating, have been doing it for yrs and wont chnage.

In response to firm, insurance mine are oxford - f, rhul - insurance bcos it was the only place with a lower offer
no we dont do cswk either, wish we did!

were doing stalinist russia which is from the death of lenin... till (actually i dont know...)

erm Hitlers Foreign Policy up to the outbreak of the war and erm all the electoral reform act from 1832-1921 (there is a name for this course but i can never remember it!)
Reply 36
Stalinist Russia goes up until the end of Brezhnev I think. I do that course but I'm not entirely sure!
well i have never heard of that dude before... so im hoping not! lol
Reply 38
Hey everyone just to say that my dilemma is over! Durham don't want me so York here I come! Anyone else made their final decision yet??
rachplatt
Hey everyone just to say that my dilemma is over! Durham don't want me so York here I come! Anyone else made their final decision yet??

Sorry to hear about Durham, but knowing how much you love York I imagine your offer from them softened the blow (if there was one) a bit. :smile: I'm 98% sure about my decision at the moment - haven't accepted formally, but I think I'm gonna put Cambridge as my firm and York as my insurance.

Latest

Trending

Trending