The Student Room Group

Scroll to see replies

Has anyone heard back (offers/rejections) from KCL lately?
Reply 41
My departmemt told me last week that my application was with their admissions tutor and that I should hear shortly. It's been 1,5 months now so I really hope so. fingers crossed!
degree-hunter

I applied on December 28 and got an unconditional offer for an MA in Comparative Literature by mid Jan.
Reply 43
degree-hunter

I got my offer for MA in Comparative Literature today:biggrin: It took them a while, but it was partly because not all my documents came through with my online application (though it all seemed fine when I submitted it).
Reply 44
titania_summerdream
I applied on December 28 and got an unconditional offer for an MA in Comparative Literature by mid Jan.

Are you going to accept King's?
kajama
Are you going to accept King's?

I have so far, but I'm most probably going to SOAS. Unless Kings gives me aid.
Reply 46
titania_summerdream
I have so far, but I'm most probably going to SOAS. Unless Kings gives me aid.

Well, if you decide to go for King's I might see you there:smile:
I'm applying for MA in Creative and Cultural Industries. I already have unconditionals from Glasgow and Leeds but I'm still nervous about whether King's will accept me. Anyone else doing CCI?
Reply 48
I applied for an MA in International Conflict Studies on February 2 (acknowledged on Feb. 5) and I'm still waiting for a decision. Technically it's not been six weeks yet, but I am getting a little antsy, since I haven't heard back from any of the schools I've applied to (LSE, Kings, St. Andrews).

I was checking out the undergrad thread and apparently the War Studies department at Kings is slow this year in giving out offers, so it may be a similar case in their other departments too- lots of undergrad apps that they're sorting out before they consider the post-grad ones?
Reply 49
gcswimmer
I applied for an MA in International Conflict Studies on February 2 (acknowledged on Feb. 5) and I'm still waiting for a decision. Technically it's not been six weeks yet, but I am getting a little antsy, since I haven't heard back from any of the schools I've applied to (LSE, Kings, St. Andrews).

I was checking out the undergrad thread and apparently the War Studies department at Kings is slow this year in giving out offers, so it may be a similar case in their other departments too- lots of undergrad apps that they're sorting out before they consider the post-grad ones?

It took a loooooong time with mine (MA Comparative Literature). I applied mid January and got an offer today. And it's still not the official one. The admissions tutor who was assessing my application e-mailed me saying that they adviced the school of humanities to offer me a place and that I should wait to get my official letter from them soonish. They have been extremely friendly and helpful and always answered e-mails very quickly though, so why not try e-mailing your department to ask about your application status. Who knows, maybe the decission is already there and it's just being dealt with on the admin side.
Reply 50
kajama
It took a loooooong time with mine (MA Comparative Literature). I applied mid January and got an offer today. And it's still not the official one. The admissions tutor who was assessing my application e-mailed me saying that they adviced the school of humanities to offer me a place and that I should wait to get my official letter from them soonish. They have been extremely friendly and helpful and always answered e-mails very quickly though, so why not try e-mailing your department to ask about your application status. Who knows, maybe the decission is already there and it's just being dealt with on the admin side.

Hmm, I might just do that... but then again, I should probably wait until the end of next week before emailing. Probably should give them the six weeks they said it'd take on the application. :tongue:

Thanks for the advice and it's nice to know they're a friendly bunch!
Reply 51
gcswimmer
Hmm, I might just do that... but then again, I should probably wait until the end of next week before emailing. Probably should give them the six weeks they said it'd take on the application. :tongue:

Thanks for the advice and it's nice to know they're a friendly bunch!

They really really are and make me want to take the offer without waiting for others to make up their mind. (I also applied to Warwick's MA in Comparative Lit, among others, haven't heared from them at all for 2 months, e-mailed to ask what was going on, and they kindly e-mailed me back saying that they decided to reasses the postgrad degrees offered in the department and that they don't know what's going on at the moment and will contact all applicants when they actually know more, though no one knows when it's going to happen. Hmmm, helpful...). Ok, I better finish my rant about Warwick:eek3:

All the best of luck with your application. Keeping fingers crossed for you!
Reply 52
im applying for an MPhilStud and am still waiting. Application was recieved about 2-3 weeks ago...im nervous cos i need to get in! :frown:
Reply 53
gcswimmer

I also applied to same course at early feb. Hope both of us could make it, or did you already hear back? (I also applied for St. Andrews, LSE(Conflict) etc)
Reply 54
eun7117
I also applied to same course at early feb. Hope both of us could make it, or did you already hear back? (I also applied for St. Andrews, LSE(Conflict) etc)

I was impatient and took kajama's advice and contacted them yesterday. Shortly after, my online application changed and I had an offer! Conditional on achieving an A- average (80%) but that should be doable. :woo:

I was rejected from LSE's Global Politics on Monday and I'm still waiting on St. Andrews. What about you? Have you heard back from any of the other schools you applied yet? I'm sure if you've been waiting since early February, it wouldn't hurt to give King's a poke.

kajama
All the best of luck with your application. Keeping fingers crossed for you!

Heh, it seems like it might've done some good. :smile: I hope you figured things out with Warwick. What's your first choice at the moment?
Reply 55
gcswimmer
I was impatient and took kajama's advice and contacted them yesterday. Shortly after, my online application changed and I had an offer! Conditional on achieving an A- average (80%) but that should be doable. :woo:

I was rejected from LSE's Global Politics on Monday and I'm still waiting on St. Andrews. What about you? Have you heard back from any of the other schools you applied yet? I'm sure if you've been waiting since early February, it wouldn't hurt to give King's a poke.

Heh, it seems like it might've done some good. :smile: I hope you figured things out with Warwick. What's your first choice at the moment?

:biggrin: congratulations!!! And sorry to hear about LSE:frown: But King's is a far better choice:smile: What are you going to do if St. Andrews offer you a place as well?

I have applied to 5 courses in total. Have offers from KCL and Sussex at the moment. Still waiting to hear from Cam, Edinburgh and Warwick (no they still don't know if they are going to run the course or not :eek3: ). If Cambridge reject me, than I am definitely going to KCL. If they accept me, I don't know, I will have to think about it very seriously, as Cambridge is extrmely tempting, but the course at King's looks even better than the one at Cam. Well, I guess I have to wait and see. Congrats on your offer again :congrats:
Reply 56
gcswimmer

I got rejected from LSE human right course, so I reapplied and still waiting for the result. But I don't think I'll make it anyway.
I think I would wait for KCL. I got uncon offer from Bristol, Bradford Int'l Security and Conflict courses. I am still waiting for other schools.

Oh did KCL ask u to get A-? Is that in American GPA system? :woo:
Reply 57
kajama
:biggrin: congratulations!!! And sorry to hear about LSE:frown: But King's is a far better choice:smile: What are you going to do if St. Andrews offer you a place as well?

I have applied to 5 courses in total. Have offers from KCL and Sussex at the moment. Still waiting to hear from Cam, Edinburgh and Warwick (no they still don't know if they are going to run the course or not :eek3: ). If Cambridge reject me, than I am definitely going to KCL. If they accept me, I don't know, I will have to think about it very seriously, as Cambridge is extrmely tempting, but the course at King's looks even better than the one at Cam. Well, I guess I have to wait and see. Congrats on your offer again :congrats:

Thanks! :biggrin: When I think about it, I probably applied more for the 'brand-name' of LSE rather than the program, and the courses at KCL and St Andrews are much more line with what I want to study, so I'm not too upset with the rejection. But if I get into St. Andrews, it'll be a tough decision to make, because a) it will be cheaper than London (and being an international student, this is definitely a factor) and b) St. Andrews offers guided fieldwork in a post-conflict country and that's something KCL doesn't offer.

Having the Cambridge name on the degree is definitely something that's hard to pass up but then again, if the course is better elsewhere... It's a hard choice! Good luck whatever you decide. :smile: And hopefully Warwick will make up their minds soon if they're going to run your program :rolleyes:

eun7117
I got rejected from LSE human right course, so I reapplied and still waiting for the result. But I don't think I'll make it anyway.
I think I would wait for KCL. I got uncon offer from Bristol, Bradford Int'l Security and Conflict courses. I am still waiting for other schools.

Oh did KCL ask u to get A-? Is that in American GPA system?

Seems like LSE's rejecting a lot of people from the conflict studies/human rights programs this year because it's so popular. Oh well-- you have an offer from Bradford, which is pretty sweet! :smile: I only found out about their program a few weeks ago, but I wish I had applied for it.

And yes, A- (or 10/12 at my school) is equivalent to A- 3.7/4.0 American GPA. A high 2.1 in U.K. terms, I believe? I'm Canadian though, and go to a Canadian university currently.
Reply 58
gcswimmer
Thanks! :biggrin: When I think about it, I probably applied more for the 'brand-name' of LSE rather than the program, and the courses at KCL and St Andrews are much more line with what I want to study, so I'm not too upset with the rejection. But if I get into St. Andrews, it'll be a tough decision to make, because a) it will be cheaper than London (and being an international student, this is definitely a factor) and b) St. Andrews offers guided fieldwork in a post-conflict country and that's something KCL doesn't offer.

Having the Cambridge name on the degree is definitely something that's hard to pass up but then again, if the course is better elsewhere... It's a hard choice! Good luck whatever you decide. :smile: And hopefully Warwick will make up their minds soon if they're going to run your program :rolleyes:

Well, choices like that are always good to have! fingers crossed!
Reply 59
gcswimmer

Seems like LSE's rejecting a lot of people from the conflict studies/human rights programs this year because it's so popular. Oh well-- you have an offer from Bradford, which is pretty sweet! :smile: I only found out about their program a few weeks ago, but I wish I had applied for it.

And yes, A- (or 10/12 at my school) is equivalent to A- 3.7/4.0 American GPA. A high 2.1 in U.K. terms, I believe? I'm Canadian though, and go to a Canadian university currently.

Actually I also applied for LSE because of their name :smile: I loved courses provided from KCL, St. Andrews and Bradford.

Latest

Trending

Trending