The Student Room Group

Scroll to see replies

Reply 1
my exams in june, but i have a mock in jan so ima keep reading this thread for revision tips :biggrin:
im not likin the attachment unit as much as i thought i would, too much to learn. i preferred the memory one :smile:
I remember this, dont worry about it. Its a simple exam. Look at the past papers for a pattern of what comes up, then just revise those topics which fit the pattern. Simple.
Reply 3
daffy91
my exams in june, but i have a mock in jan so ima keep reading this thread for revision tips :biggrin:
im not likin the attachment unit as much as i thought i would, too much to learn. i preferred the memory one :smile:

:ditto:
Malsi101
:ditto:

Look for the pattern
Reply 5
Lol.....
Malsi101
Lol.....

I was serious, you can work out what will come up
Reply 7
You do know it's a new syllabus :p:
Malsi101
You do know it's a new syllabus :p:

Oh, sorry :biggrin:
What are the topics?
Reply 9
I've self taught AS Psychology, and am wishing I hadn't started to be honest, I am so going to fail this exam - its annoying theres only one past paper, because I've already sat that and didnt do very well (I could sit it again and try to improve, not sure how helpful it would be now that i know the answers...
Attachment is so boring, memory was a lot better. Lol, I've got so much work to do before this exam :biggrin:
I'm on holiday at the moment, so I can't use all my work notes and everything to revise, but when I get back I will have to go over attachment and research methods (which I've only skimmed out of the book so far :biggrin:)
Reply 10
Jamstar
I've self taught AS Psychology, and am wishing I hadn't started to be honest, I am so going to fail this exam - its annoying theres only one past paper, because I've already sat that and didnt do very well (I could sit it again and try to improve, not sure how helpful it would be now that i know the answers...
Attachment is so boring, memory was a lot better. Lol, I've got so much work to do before this exam :biggrin:
I'm on holiday at the moment, so I can't use all my work notes and everything to revise, but when I get back I will have to go over attachment and research methods (which I've only skimmed out of the book so far :biggrin:)

If you go onto the AQA website; the teachers resources there are some questions there that you could look at I think there is one full unit 1 paper and another than has units 1 and 2 which might be worth a look at:smile:

I agree on Attachment.

How are you getting along with Research methods; it's very long and I don't mind it except the last bit of the spec where it says to know how to summarise, analyse etc data from observations ....
Reply 11
chaotik_mind
Oh, sorry :biggrin:
What are the topics?

lol :p:

Erm Memory(Cognitive) psychology
Developmental Psychology
and Research Methods! :smile:
If anybody fails the new spec, then they well... we won't go there.
They've cut out 2/3's of the syllabus.. You shouldn't be worrying.
chaotik_mind
I remember this, dont worry about it. Its a simple exam. Look at the past papers for a pattern of what comes up, then just revise those topics which fit the pattern. Simple.

How sure are you about this?
What do you think will come up this year?
SuicideCommando
How sure are you about this?
What do you think will come up this year?

Dont know about this year because it's a new syllabus. It's how it normally is though, they have an order which they follow. I know because i did it last year in my A2 and got top marks! :biggrin:
chaotik_mind
Dont know about this year because it's a new syllabus. It's how it normally is though, they have an order which they follow. I know because i did it last year in my A2 and got top marks! :biggrin:

I'm doing the old syllabus.
Help me out?
SuicideCommando
I'm doing the old syllabus.
Help me out?

Your best bet would be to set up a prediction thread. TSR members are very helpful when it comes to that. Look at the mark schemes for the unit and you'll see a recurring pattern and you will be able to work out what will be on the paper. It was the TSR prediction thread that did it for me last year. What materials are you using to revise?
Reply 18
Anyone know if forgetting (proactive and retroactive interference etc) is actually on the spec? We've been taught it but I can't see it in the official AQA textbook...
Laura373
Anyone know if forgetting (proactive and retroactive interference etc) is actually on the spec? We've been taught it but I can't see it in the official AQA textbook...

It's not in the exam.

So does anyone know if there are past papers on the net anywhere?
One of my teacher's said there is only one past paper and that's the one we did but surely that can't be right?

Latest