The Student Room Group

Scroll to see replies

jelly1000
oh no, for the last question I did Bowlby, but managed to miss of a whole load of stuff about how attachment is an innate behaviour needed for survival e.c.t because by the time I got to do it- an hour late, all my thoughts had got muddled and I thought that the innate behaviour thing was only in the evolutionary theory. :mad: I did however talk about monotropy, the internal working model and the sensitive period, and put a couple of relevant strengths and weakenesses down so I've salvaged a few marks, maybe 6 if I'm really lucky.

can you explain to me what the internal working model is? i don't think i know
Reply 221
Dear. I hated the Attatchments bit of psychology at AS. It was the worst. It only gets easier after that
I covered the social learning, learning and evolutionary theory in the last question. I messed up one of the criticisms by giving Harlow as a positive for the learning theory. I accidentally screwed up the first question by writing A D in the boxes instead of A C.

I'll settle with my C. I don't care. I don't need an A in AS Psychology to see I couldn't really give a ****. Bahrick et al could've figured that out with longtidudinal study lasting all of 14 seconds.
Tranquilize
can you explain to me what the internal working model is? i don't think i know

The attachment between a caregiver and infant will create expectations of what relationships are meant to be like. This enables the infant to create a model of emotional relationships called the internal working model.
jelly1000
The attachment between a caregiver and infant will create expectations of what relationships are meant to be like. This enables the infant to create a model of emotional relationships called the internal working model.

oh riiight i call that the continuity hypothesis hehe
Reply 225
I'll be lucky if I got a B.
I ****** big time
Reply 226
who did PYA1 old spec?? :biggrin:
When do we get the results?
Reply 228
19th march.
Reply 229
Heya

You know the retakes - will they mark me down if i have to do a re-take? :s-smilie:
Tranquilize
oh riiight i call that the continuity hypothesis hehe

The continuity hypothesis is something else though. That is the view that there is a link between the early attachment relationship and later emotional behaviour- those who are securely attached in infancy continue to be socially and emotionally competant, where as those who weren't have difficulties in adulthood.
jelly1000
The continuity hypothesis is something else though. That is the view that there is a link between the early attachment relationship and later emotional behaviour- those who are securely attached in infancy continue to be socially and emotionally competant, where as those who weren't have difficulties in adulthood.

right we didnt get taught that then lol
Argh! My mind went completely blank on part of the question about people recalling one of the words in a pair. It asked what kind of experimental design it was. It wasn't repeated, it wasn't the matched pairs thing, it was the other one where each participant is randomly allocated to a group! What's it called!? I completely forgot!

I didn't finish the 12-mark question at the end. :mad:
BlondeNorfolkGirl
Argh! My mind went completely blank on part of the question about people recalling one of the words in a pair. It asked what kind of experimental design it was. It wasn't repeated, it wasn't the matched pairs thing, it was the other one where each participant is randomly allocated to a group! What's it called!? I completely forgot!

I didn't finish the 12-mark question at the end. :mad:

independant group
Reply 234
Tranquilize
independant group

Can it be independent measures design? If not, then what it that? :s-smilie:
What did people put for the first question on the cross-cultural bit?
Well, that went as bad as any exam can possibly go. I knew everything I hadn't revised would come up, and it did, ******* ****. Completely blanked on the aggressive day care question and the study on the accuracy of EWT.

So yeah, it went pretty bad.
:)J
Heya

You know the retakes - will they mark me down if i have to do a re-take? :s-smilie:

You won't be able to get the A* and that's about it.
I didn't have a clue, don't remember now what I put.
I think I got about 54 marks, does anyone know what the grade boundries may be.. do you think that that is a B?

Chris :confused:

Latest