The Student Room Group

Scroll to see replies

Reply 260
yeah I'm hoping for a B, or higher ha! I think i'm going to resit PYA3 in the summer, depends on what my final coursework and PYA1 grade is as i've been getting A's in all my PYA4 mocks so far :smile:, how do you think you did in PYA3?
Reply 261
Well done, you should do alright then! We don't have mocks, which is bad 'cause I think they'd be really helpful. PYA3 was okay. Social influence was a bit hard. I had why do people yield to majority influence and I didn't answer it! When I got out I knew the answer. Gutted it didn't come to me! I answered one about minority influence too and wrote about Moscovici but I made it up cause I couldn't really remember much. The 18 marker was discuss and evaluate research into obedience though, which is a fantastic question! I wrote quite a lot cause I know Milgram inside out!
Reply 262
My mate only revised Bowlbys theory and he absolutely blitzed that last question, he buggered uo the rest of it though.

Personally I found this exam pretty alright, don't know why people on TSR are worrying they'll all end up coming out with A's.
Reply 263
What is TSR? At least he answered one question right though. My mate thought 'yield' meant go against not conform to. So she answered the 'why do people yield to majority influence' completely wrong haha. She wrote why people go against it.
I thought it was alright too, only my mate and me were doing PYA1. Quite a lot of people had to resit PYA3.
Reply 264
8rose8
What is TSR? At least he answered one question right though. My mate thought 'yield' meant go against not conform to. So she answered the 'why do people yield to majority influence' completely wrong haha. She wrote why people go against it.
I thought it was alright too, only my mate and me were doing PYA1. Quite a lot of people had to resit PYA3.

TSR = The student room :p:
Reply 265
Ah right okay haha. Most of the people have done the new spec haven't they? What is the structure of those exams like do you know?
Reply 266
my school started exam an hour late at 2.44pm and so i didn't manage to leave school til 4.
i only revised attachment yesterday morning before exam and stuff i briefly read over came up - bonus.
i thought i would fail and i don't (hope) i haven't.

1a) A + C
b) MSM = bla bla bla basics
c) was it about girl not being able to remember what she revised but could remember mag.
Sort of struggled on this.. made it up. just put limitations of msm and somehow linked it to rehearsal. was v.iffy question.

2) a) cannot remember for life of me.. um IV and DV maybe
IV = the way in which the diff groups memorised word or something like that
DV = the amount of 2nd words correctly recalled
and then something about independent group design thing (i think)

at one point i started writing about experiment being controlled and extraneous variables... don't know whether i was meant to. for diff q tho

oh like q6 (maybe) with the 2 ways of studying boys behaviour from mother whilst in hosp.. i put physical and verbal behviour?? eeeek
and then way in which i could observe this = watch him whilst he was playing with his toys.. haha oh dear.

cultural variations was a bit iffy too. i think im going to give up remembering q's.
if anyone can put me out of my misery and tell me whether any of my answers so far are right??
please :smile:
oh and if anyone can remember any more questions minus ones i said plus 12 mark thingy then will be much appreciated.
thanks
sazzyb
my school started exam an hour late at 2.44pm and so i didn't manage to leave school til 4.
i only revised attachment yesterday morning before exam and stuff i briefly read over came up - bonus.

1a) A + C
c) was it about girl not being able to remember what she revised but could remember mag.
Sort of struggled on this.. made it up. just put limitations of msm and somehow linked it to rehearsal. was v.iffy question.

at one point i started writing about experiment being controlled and extraneous variables... don't know whether i was meant to. for diff q tho

oh like q6 (maybe) with the 2 ways of studying boys behaviour from mother whilst in hosp.. i put physical and verbal behviour?? eeeek
and then way in which i could observe this = watch him whilst he was playing with his toys.. haha oh dear.

cultural variations was a bit iffy too. i think im going to give up remembering q's.
if anyone can put me out of my misery and tell me whether any of my answers so far are right??
oh and if anyone can remember any more questions minus ones i said plus 12 mark thingy then will be much appreciated.
thanks

for the magazine one i went on about how the MSM over emphasises the importance of the amount of memory rather than the nature of the memory, e.g more meaningful information is just easier to rememeber.

and the IV was the words the investigator chose to put on the list i think..

for the independant groups i wrote how there isnt a problem with order effects.

i done physical and verbal too and i also said to subcategorize them to things like hitting, snatching etc.

for how to observe i really didnt know what to do... i just said do it in time intervals of 10 minutes and tick the behaviours he sees..
Reply 268
8rose8
Ah right okay haha. Most of the people have done the new spec haven't they? What is the structure of those exams like do you know?

Not sure about the actaul structure, but I was talking about the exam afterwards with someone doing the new spec and they said there was no attatchments in that exam, I've heard the new spec is easier though:rolleyes:
to be honest i hardly mentioned any researchers in my mock and I got a very high C.
Just because Harlows monkeys isnt a theory doesn't mean it was useless mentioning it in the last 12 marker - because it asked you to evaluate the theory, and you use research to evaluate stuff.
I'm pretty sure i've done good :smile:
Reply 270
The Magnificent KoloToure
I got 54 in the mock and the teacher said it was a B.
But anyone else know for sure about the grade boundaries?
I thought it went really well - didn't know what to put for the teacher remembering faces one but apart from that I answered everything and felt pretty confident about all of that!

I got told 80% i about an A, so 58 marks out of 72 roughly.
Therefore about 51 marks for an A, etc.

Hope this helps :smile:
Tranquilize

and the IV was the words the investigator chose to put on the list i think..

No, it was which way the ppts were asked to memorise the words; either through just mesmorising it or creating images.
Reply 272
strawberrywine_
No, it was which way the ppts were asked to memorise the words; either through just mesmorising it or creating images.

yeah thats what i put....

do you know if i'd get the mark if i put independent measures instead of group??...i know its only worth one mark but its really bugging me :s-smilie:
sadmollz
yeah thats what i put....

do you know if i'd get the mark if i put independent measures instead of group??...i know its only worth one mark but its really bugging me :s-smilie:

I think you'll get the marks. Unless the examiner's feeling especially harsh.
strawberrywine_

I put that ^^.
sadmollz

I put that, we'll get the mark. We better had do anyway.
sazzyb

1a) A + C

thanks

my school started the exam late as well, around 10 to 3! mine was started late because the school ordered the wrong spec papers, what happened in your school?
Reply 277
strawberrywine_
Ok, to put my mind at ease, for the last question I covered the learning theory, in detail, which took about a page, and then the evolutionary theory in a bit less detail but still covered the main points. It filled all the space but I didn't include any strengths or weaknesses of either theories. So will that mark me down?

Nobody replied to this so I thought I'd give some support.

The 12 mark questions are marked half/half for description/evaluation (or, AO1/AO2). You'll probably get the full 6 marks for AO1 due to your in-depth description of Learning Theory (which would probably get you 6 marks on it's own if you covered it all) PLUS Evolutionary Theory.

However, you can only get maximum 6 marks for describing. For evaluation (AO2), the mark scheme says "either a wide range of evaluation in shallow detail, or a smaller range in greater detail". I'm assuming since you only did a little bit about Harlow you'd maybe get 1 mark maximum.

Sorry. :frown:
Reply 278
I got NO marks for the last question; ****** up big time...Had no time to finish it and blabbed on about gibberish. Huzzah to retake.
Beska
Nobody replied to this so I thought I'd give some support.

The 12 mark questions are marked half/half for description/evaluation (or, AO1/AO2). You'll probably get the full 6 marks for AO1 due to your in-depth description of Learning Theory (which would probably get you 6 marks on it's own if you covered it all) PLUS Evolutionary Theory.

However, you can only get maximum 6 marks for describing. For evaluation (AO2), the mark scheme says "either a wide range of evaluation in shallow detail, or a smaller range in greater detail". I'm assuming since you only did a little bit about Harlow you'd maybe get 1 mark maximum.

Sorry. :frown:

Thank you, that's crap though :frown:

Latest