The Student Room Group
Reply 1
Aircraft Engineering
>>>{Aeuronautical Engineering}
>>>{Aerospace Engineering}
Air Transport Engineering

And top Engineering unversities include: Bath, Bristol, Durham, York, UCL, Cambridge, Oxford, Bristol, Warwick, Imperial, Sheffield, Southampton.
Reply 2
Ive looked at those two you mentioned first Aeuronautical Engineering and Aerospace Engineering, but its all very confusing. Which one is better to work with aircraft, as i know both involve elements of space, which im not much interested in. Which is better for aircraft engineering?
Reply 3
neomilan
Aircraft Engineering
>>>{Aeuronautical Engineering}
>>>{Aerospace Engineering}
Air Transport Engineering

And top Engineering unversities include: Bath, Bristol, Durham, York, UCL, Cambridge, Oxford, Bristol, Warwick, Imperial, Sheffield, Southampton.

Is Bristol so good it's mentioned twice?
Aren't aeronautics and aerospace engineering the same thing anyway? The Aerospace is the name of the blanket of air that surrounds our planet and aerospace engineering is to do with things that travel in that space, as is aeronautics.
Reply 5
Court1129
hey, just wondering what you all think is the best engineering degree to work engineering aircraft and at what uni ? Thanks :biggrin:

Hey :smile:
I'm doing areonautical engineering at Loughborough, and I absolutely LOVE it!!
I think from the research I did before my application that the aerospace engineering is less JUST aricraft, and more space related things too.
Personally, I applied to Bristol, Southampton, Loughborough and Bath for some aeronautical, some aerospace degrees, and personally I found the department and the course at Loughborough to be the best for the Aeronautical degree, if thats what you want to do.

Good luck if this is the degree you decide to do, and if you'd like any more info about the course or Loughborough feel free to PM me :smile:
x
Reply 6
Either aerospace or aeronautical degrees are mainly related to aircraft (space is astronautics, but certainly at Southampton the aero course touches on space briefly - 1 compulsory module of 24 in the first two years). What exactly is it you want to do with aircraft? Spanner wielding won't need a degree, so if you want to be doing the hands on work with aircraft a degree isn't what you need to be looking for. Designing aircraft will need an aero engineering degree I believe (though some aspects of design may be suitable for a mech or other engineering degree) and running a maintenance division probably will need an engineering degree but not necessarily aero.
Reply 7
Best thing to do is:

Go to the universities websites
Find all aeronautical/aerospace engineering degrees
for every one found, click on the course description

That way you can, not only find comparisons of aerospace and aeronautical, but also find the differences in aeuronatuical between universities and differences between aerospace between difference universities

Time consuming, but helpful!

HOWEVER if you look carefully you'll see that a university offering Aerospace, does not also offer Aeronautcal, which could suggest that they are very similar.
Reply 8
nicky507
Hey :smile:
I'm doing areonautical engineering at Loughborough, and I absolutely LOVE it!!
I think from the research I did before my application that the aerospace engineering is less JUST aricraft, and more space related things too.
Personally, I applied to Bristol, Southampton, Loughborough and Bath for some aeronautical, some aerospace degrees, and personally I found the department and the course at Loughborough to be the best for the Aeronautical degree, if thats what you want to do.

Good luck if this is the degree you decide to do, and if you'd like any more info about the course or Loughborough feel free to PM me :smile:
x

Ms Barrat? :biggrin:
And yeah...that's right. Aero is great at Loughborough.
Basically Aeronautical focuses on aircraft only while Aerospase has some space modules but there isnt any significant difference in your case as both are good enough. Ignore some rubbish previous post where they even stated YORK as amongst the best for Aero Engineering when they do only Avionics course in their EE Dept. Warwick, Durham, UCL, Oxford are not offering Aero Eng courses and are not good for engineering in general, too. Rubbish.
Best unis are (in order I would rank them):
Cambridge, Imperial
Southampton,Bristol,Loughborough,Bath
Sheffield,Liverpool,Nottingham,Manchester,Glasgow,Surrey,Swansea and some others lower ranked ones.
Most of these courses are aerospace engineering but they are good enough for your needs.
Reply 9
alexyfoot
Ms Barrat? :biggrin:
QUOTE]

OK, now that ^^ is scary!! lol, but yes, tis ms barratt :p: :cool:
mr....
see this isn't fair cos there's waaaay more of you guys than us girls lol
Mr Antonov..?
wild guess there lol :smile:
Reply 10
:d yup its Mr Antonov. I so want Goff again!
Reply 11
yeh me too!!
I miss Oscar!! lol :biggrin:
Reply 12
Oscar is quite retarded tbh o0 Do you have an idea what modules do we have 2nd semester as there arent time tables on Learn :?

Latest

Trending

Trending