The Student Room Group

Scroll to see replies

Reply 1
Here:
http://www.dur.ac.uk/geography/research/undergrad/

There's some links at the bottom of the page to .pdf documents that have all the course content etc. And there's loads more info if you have a look around the department's website.
Reply 2
what kind of details?
Reply 3
fieldsofanfield
Here:
http://www.dur.ac.uk/geography/research/undergrad/

There's some links at the bottom of the page to .pdf documents that have all the course content etc. And there's loads more info if you have a look around the department's website.

Thanks! Any idea where you'll choose to go yet?
Reply 4
Chardonnay
Thanks! Any idea where you'll choose to go yet?

Either Nottingham, Durham, or Bristol (if they make me an offer). But I was really impressed by Nottingham yesterday. Have you decided where you're going yet?
Reply 5
fieldsofanfield
Either Nottingham, Durham, or Bristol (if they make me an offer). But I was really impressed by Nottingham yesterday. Have you decided where you're going yet?

It was going to be Bristol, but the more I learn about the course, the more I'm not sure. Now I'm kind of thinking of Durham, but it's just so far away! Do you know much about the field tripes at Durham? Because I might be being really stupid, but I can't get much info out of that website!
Reply 6
Can't seem to find much either...I'm pretty sure there was something about it in the prospectus though.
Reply 7
there is this from the link that was posted earlier:

Fieldwork

There are opportunities for students to undertake fieldwork in each of the three years of the degrees. Field classes provide an ideal occasion for collecting samples and data for further analysis back in Durham. Fieldwork varies from day trips from Durham to residential weekends to residential week long trips, some of which are to overseas destinations.

but that is way too general- assuming u have read it.
Reply 8
Sam_B
there is this from the link that was posted earlier:

Fieldwork

There are opportunities for students to undertake fieldwork in each of the three years of the degrees. Field classes provide an ideal occasion for collecting samples and data for further analysis back in Durham. Fieldwork varies from day trips from Durham to residential weekends to residential week long trips, some of which are to overseas destinations.

but that is way too general- assuming u have read it.

Yeah I did read that, but as you say, it was all a bit too general to be any help!
Reply 9
fieldsofanfield

Nottingham impressed me too! not the most flexible of courses in the 1st year but it is a v v v v nice campus and is a great dept!!!!
The worst thing about Nottingham is the physical geography of the first year - Oceanic and Atmospheric systems - how dull!

For info on the Durham course, log into your tracker and there are lots of links to pdf files and such, giving the modules etc.

Chardonnay - I thought you had actually accepted Bristol as your firm? :confused: Anyway, Durham is not that hard to get to - flying is very quick and also pretty cheap!

You lot are all so lucky to have Durham offers, I hate you all :biggrin:
Reply 11
SiAnY
The worst thing about Nottingham is the physical geography of the first year - Oceanic and Atmospheric systems - how dull!

For info on the Durham course, log into your tracker and there are lots of links to pdf files and such, giving the modules etc.

Chardonnay - I thought you had actually accepted Bristol as your firm? :confused: Anyway, Durham is not that hard to get to - flying is very quick and also pretty cheap!

You lot are all so lucky to have Durham offers, I hate you all :biggrin:

I have accepted them, but I am having second thoughts! I'm just curious too. Flying's still a bit of a bitch though. Reading-->heathreow-->newcastle-->metro to durham! Oh yeah, durham tracker! I forgot about that! So long since I;ve been on it!
Go Southampton --> Newcastle
Reply 13
SiAnY
Go Southampton --> Newcastle

Well that's even worse!
Why? It's simple :biggrin:
Reply 15
SiAnY
Why? It's simple :biggrin:

Because that adds a 2 hour drive down to Soton, only to come back on myself again! And you call yourself a Geographer :rolleyes: :p:
Chardonnay
Because that adds a 2 hour drive down to Soton, only to come back on myself again! And you call yourself a Geographer :rolleyes: :p:

Trains from Reading to Soton stop at the Airport....
Chardonnay

:eek: Oy oy! :biggrin: I didn't know it was 2 hours from Reading to Southampton, thought it was much less, sorry!
Reply 18
go by camel :biggrin:
Rightttt... :biggrin:

Latest

Trending

Trending