The Student Room Group

Scroll to see replies

crazyferret
And physics doesn't? :emo:

Different people have different opinions...of course Physics does...damn I get shot down for anything I say on here. And perhaps I am biased...you could see that from the part of my comment that you removed.
crazyferret
And physics doesn't? :emo:

Nope it does not :p:
crazylemon
Nope it does not :p:

Who's stalking who now :rolleyes:

Your future (physical science geeklet) imperial buddies will disagree :eviltongue:
crazyferret
Who's stalking who now :rolleyes:

Your future (physical science geeklet) imperial buddies will disagree :eviltongue:

Already in the thread so :eviltongue:

Clearly a joke I did it to AS :p:
crazylemon

Clearly a joke I did it to AS :p:

Yet further proof of your geekletage :eviltongue:
crazyferret
Yet further proof of your geekletage :eviltongue:

bully :emo:
crazylemon
bully :emo:

I'm sorry :puppyeyes:

Spoiler

crazyferret
I'm sorry :puppyeyes:

Spoiler

:rolleyes:
chloemo14

So basically, what I'm asking in a hugely roundabout and pontificated way is, which choice would be best? Does not picking physics put me at an UNOFFICIAL disadvantage for any medical schools (I know its only a requirement for a veryh small number). Finally, will taking 3 arts but only 2 sciences undermine my application for medicine?

Thankyou so much for reading such a massive post and in advance for your help!

NO NO NO.

Physics is NOT needed.

More than 2 sciences is NOT needed.

As long as you have the minimum science (most commonly) A2 chem and bio + ONE academic subject (inc arts subjects - often preferred for breadth) then you will be fine.

2 sciences + 3 arts is totally fine, no disadvantage at all. Shows you are an all rounder who can do the sciences needed, but excels in other areas too. Remember, you are training to be a DOCTOR, not a scientist.

I would only say - why do 5 A2s? 3 is ample and you'll have more time for LIFE.

If you MUST do 5, pick the subject you enjoy the most and are most likely to get the best grade in - make your life easier. All the subjects you listed are perfectly decent subjects

PLEASE IGNORE the people who mistakenly believe you need 3 sciences, all sciences, physics and/or maths for med school. This is not true. A number of med schools do prefer contrasting (non science) subjects in addition to the basic chem and bio.
Basma
You seem to have a bigger passion for languages, than medicine. Think about a career in those :nod:
Sorry for the irrelevant post :P:

Lol wtf? Doctors can't have a passion for languages?

Latest

Trending

Trending