The Student Room Group

Scroll to see replies

PeanutButterJellyTime
But Look at Iraq now. I hate terrorist as well but US + Muslim Country = Disaster

Depends... US (and NATO) + Bosnia (nominally Muslim country) = great success!
romski
mate i think its just muslim country = disaster,

its not like any of them are a becon of hope for the future, with equal rights for women, and full of scientists leading the way for man kind

:rolleyes:
Reply 62
The reason why Pakistan are not "acting" against "terrorism" in Pakistan is not because of vested interests it is because they cant.

I dont really want to compare Hizbullah with the militant groups in Pakistan because Hizbullah are much stronger much more organized and a lot better funded but the point is that a country like Israel has not been able to wipe out a militant group. Pakistan is no where close to Israels military capabilities, thye know that they stand very little chance at taking out these militant groups.

Therefore I guess it can be argued that foriegn elements need to go into Pakistan to sort the militants out.

Saudi is the main exporter of the ideology that is terrorism, Pakistan and Afghanistan land is used to turn this ideology into a physical product known to us as terrorist militancy.
EssexDan86
Depends... US (and NATO) + Bosnia (nominally Muslim country) = great success!

hmm. oh ye, I guess.
Reply 64
e-lover
Lol. What a coincidence this was a topic on Fox News a few days ago.

oh man speaking of them, yesterday they were talking about santa claus and how one of the newcasters daughters doesn't like santa because he has a beard:rolleyes:
romski

its not like any of them are a becon of hope for the future, with equal rights for women, and full of scientists leading the way for man kind

The UAE is a Success. Although it does avoid terrorist attacks by paying off the terrorist groups. So I do not know.
Reply 66
romski

http://www.independent.co.uk/news/science/how-islamic-inventors-changed-the-world-469452.html
have a look
Yusuf.T
oh man speaking of them, yesterday they were talking about santa claus and how one of the newcasters daughters doesn't like santa because he has a beard:rolleyes:

Why is your warning level still 12 Lol it's been like that for Weeks.
All I have to say to this thread is ......
Reply 69
PeanutButterJellyTime
Why is your warning level still 12 Lol it's been like that for Weeks.

the mods hate me, they have a sexual vandetta against me :awesome:
maze.e
All I have to say to this thread is ......

its GREAT :biggrin:
Reply 71
TheWaiting
The reason why Pakistan are not "acting" against "terrorism" in Pakistan is not because of vested interests it is because they cant.

I dont really want to compare Hizbullah with the militant groups in Pakistan because Hizbullah are much stronger much more organized and a lot better funded but the point is that a country like Israel has not been able to wipe out a militant group. Pakistan is no where close to Israels military capabilities, thye know that they stand very little chance at taking out these militant groups.

Therefore I guess it can be argued that foriegn elements need to go into Pakistan to sort the militants out.

Saudi is the main exporter of the ideology that is terrorism, Pakistan and Afghanistan land is used to turn this ideology into a physical product known to us as terrorist militancy.

sorry this is wrong info.
pakistans millitary is more than capable of taking out these terrorists but the problem is that there will be many civilian casualties.. unlike ISREAL we try to avoid them..
these people are mainly on the afghan border where they live among millions of non terrorist. thus it is pretty hard to just bomb the whole place and pretend like nothing happened. also there is one more fact..
a major proprtion of the population actually supports these people and killing them will cause an nnrest in the whole area.. this is a sad fact i know. but this is what we get when we have to spend all our money on military and not education
Yusuf.T
the mods hate me, they have a sexual vandetta against me :awesome:

:biggrin:. *Warning Level goes up to 14 * :awesome:

True, but that's more due to the stability created by largely Arab conquests than the actual religion itself being inerently scientific. The contributions are impressive, but few scientific advantages have continued into the present day. The Roman Empire once had the most advanced army in the world, but clearly it didn't move with the times, or the empire might still be a world power.
Reply 74
many of the things written in the QURAN are being proved scientifically these days as well
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Qur%27an_and_science
Reply 75
alirox
sorry this is wrong info.
pakistans millitary is more than capable of taking out these terrorists but the problem is that there will be many civilian casualties.. unlike ISREAL we try to avoid them..
these people are mainly on the afghan border where they live among millions of non terrorist. thus it is pretty hard to just bomb the whole place and pretend like nothing happened. also there is one more fact..
a major proprtion of the population actually supports these people and killing them will cause an nnrest in the whole area.. this is a sad fact i know. but this is what we get when we have to spend all our money on military and not education

Therefore this is another reason why the Pakistan military can not beat the terrorists. And surely at this point colateral damage , especially in the circumstances you stated, is justifiable.
Reply 76
alirox
many of the things written in the QURAN are being proved scientifically these days as well
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Qur%27an_and_science

and what happens when science proves the quran to be wrong, and what about muhammed and his 13yr old girlfriend ayeisha thats disgusting !!

anyway we are going way off tengent here, pakistan needs to be brought to account for her terrorist safe haven
Reply 77
romski
and what happens when science proves the quran to be wrong, and what about muhammed and his 13yr old girlfriend ayeisha thats disgusting !!

anyway we are going way off tengent here, pakistan needs to be brought to account for her terrorist safe haven

Aisha, the youngest, was the daughter of his closest companion - Abu bakr - who would become the first person to lead the Islamic state after Muhammad. She was nine when the contract was written. She was thirteen when consummated. She was also loved dearly by Muhammad, and she, Aisha, became the one who gave us more of Muhammad's teachings than any other companion. She was a great scholar of Islam. Now, Muhammad married her by way of cementing the relationship between he and Aisha and he and her father. That is what marriage meant to the Arabs. And if it happens to be that such a marriage was looked upon as acceptable at that time and place, then where do we get off passing judgement based upon our time and place? Our norms?

You want to talk about looking at the fruits? Read the life of Muhammad. Peace and blessings be upon him, upon Jesus, and upon all of God's Prophets.
Reply 78
romski

If you feel we are going of tangents there is no need to bring up another point which needs to be adressed. The hadith which narate to the age of Ayesha bieng that young are weak. There is no doubt she was young when she married the Prophet but we have stronger narrations to prove that she was older at the time. If you want this issue adressed in more detail pm me. ( I think I should point out that there is a difference of opinion here between shias and sunnis :smile: )
Pakistan's greatest export is hope.

It is a nation that has been failed by its politicians and contains an entrenched elite which is highly corrupt. Right now you have Butto's husband in power, who is most likely just as corrupt now as he was when the family was last in power.

However in spite of decades of broken politics and poor leadership, in spite of crumbling infrastructure and a terrible education system, in spite of a collapsing economy and an impoverished people the citizens of Pakistan have not given up hope.

Despite all of the failings of their politics, despite the fact that everyone is so poor, despite the fact that the misery and the poverty, the hardship and the suffering of Pakistanis seems perpetual. They still hope.

Remarkably for such an incredibly poorly managed country the people are surprisingly liberal. They shun radical, fanatical islam: extremist parties fail to get much of the vote at all. Ever.

Despite the failings of the political system Pakistanis are not turning away from democracy despite the fact it has failed them so many times, despite the fact they are extremely poor they are not looking towards radical extremists for support as many do in Iraq and in Afghanistan.

Despite all of their problems the Pakistani people are generally supportive of the war on terrorism. Despite the fact that they have been failed continuously by their politicians, by the west supporting corrupt leaders like Bhutto, despte the fact that their economy is stagnating and has been for so long that this feels like the norm and the fact that the roads are crumbling and their children are dying of diseases easily cured in the west they do not turn against us.

Despite all of its problems Pakistan remains a strong western ally and does its best to defeat terrorism.

We owe the people of Pakistan so much for their support and quite frankly it's a miracle that they are so strongly supportive of the west. Pakistan is living proof that democracy and islam can not only be reconciled, but can flourish.

Latest

Trending

Trending