The Student Room Group

Scroll to see replies

Reply 1
Why have you posted this in here? Anyway, geog isn't crap, you're crap for thinking it's crap!
Reply 2
crappy crap crap

geography is the best subject in the world- u must have been hypnotised or something to post a comment like that :biggrin:

what is the coursework on? we may be able to help you!
Reply 3
Sam_B
crappy crap crap

geography is the best subject in the world- u must have been hypnotised or something to post a comment like that :biggrin:

what is the coursework on? we may be able to help you!

"assess the extent to which the root causes of famine lie in physical geography"

its sooo depressing!!!!:frown: i hate essays
Reply 4
Does this have anything to do with Oxford? :p:
Reply 5
oxymoron
Does this have anything to do with Oxford? :p:

well it could do, lol. If i don't get an A, i'm not going to get into oxford :p:
Reply 6
Phil23
well it could do, lol. If i don't get an A, i'm not going to get into oxford :p:

If you don't see how great geog is, you're clearly not clever enough to go to Oxford anyway! :p:
Reply 7
Chardonnay
If you don't see how great geog is, you're clearly not clever enough to go to Oxford anyway! :p:

i've applied to read maths, so geog is unrelated :p: . I don't hate it. I love talking about it and stuff, but boy is essaywriting so depressing for mathematicians:frown:. Its reallly depressing me:frown: :eek:
Reply 8

"assess the extent to which the root causes of famine lie in physical geography

-drought- obviously
-heavy rainfall- drowns crops
-desertification- sahel region africa
-leaching (probably not, but oh well)- heavy rainfall removes nutrients/minerals from soil- podsolisation is that to the extreme- cant grow crops in unfertile land
- removal of water from bedrock- could affect crops etc
-winds- stronger winds damage crops?
- insects- u might be able to get that in there

just some points, u dont have to use them if u dont want.
Reply 9
Chardonnay

u cud say the reverse! lol

i did geog for AS levels...and thankfully dropped it ....too many case studies and coursework just is too much work. I'd rather sit an exam where u revise for 3hrs instead of a piece of cwk where u spend 10 - 15 hrs over the course of the year doing.
Reply 10
zip it123
u cud say the reverse! lol

i did geog for AS levels...and thankfully dropped it ....too many case studies and coursework just is too much work. I'd rather sit an exam where u revise for 3hrs instead of a piece of cwk where u spend 10 - 15 hrs over the course of the year doing.

Ok. Well I don't have any coursework for my Geog AS/A2. And just revising for 2 hours for an exam probably isn't the smartest thing.
Reply 11
Chardonnay
Ok. Well I don't have any coursework for my Geog AS/A2. And just revising for 2 hours for an exam probably isn't the smartest thing.

per module its around 2-3 hrs..i got an A so neh!

geography is the most blaggable subject in the world...even with the case studies a lot of the stuff can be made up
Please don't come into a university geography forum slagging off A Level geography. Thanks. :biggrin:
Reply 13
I personally think maths is the most dull subject in the world, i do the a-level and its got no relevance!!!!!
Reply 14
SiAnY
Please don't come into a university geography forum slagging off A Level geography. Thanks. :biggrin:

geography itself is intersting...but they amke it **** by coursework etc and case studies
If you don't have case studies then there's no point IMO!
Coursework does suck, yep! But I seem to get good marks in the end.
Reply 16
m66
I personally think maths is the most dull subject in the world, i do the a-level and its got no relevance!!!!!

I can't believe you think "maths is irrelevant" as you type that into a computer! :eek:
Reply 17
SiAnY
If you don't have case studies then there's no point IMO!
Coursework does suck, yep! But I seem to get good marks in the end.

yeh im a boy....cwk is hard (because of our inherritant laziness) for our gender
Loolll.

I'm not a boy but I am MUCH more of an exam person!
Reply 19
SiAnY
Loolll.

I'm not a boy but I am MUCH more of an exam person!

yeh exams all the way

Latest

Trending

Trending