The Student Room Group
Reply 1
Well i asked people about whether to go DMU or liverpool hope for ICT.. and most of them said DMU was a better choice out of the two.. though it was for ICT.

Ive been to DMU for an open day and its drama side it really live and kicking, theres ALWAYS something going on with the drama lot. Plus i've read/been told that DMU is better for creative courses like drama anyway.

hope that helps
Reply 2
dmu
I live in Lincolnshire and have lived near DMU in nottingham. Out the two, you should pick DMU. Lincoln is a horrible gloomy place, (Sorry to those who love it). Don't get me wrong, it has an amazing place for students, but out the two Leicester will be your best bet. Lincoln isn't really 'up and coming' and after visiting Lincoln uni i totally decided against it.
While this post may be a week old I just wonder how you think Lincoln isn't really up and coming, when it's blatant to know from the campus, and it's masterplan that it's only about half built. And in 7 years of being on the site has regenerated Lincoln. It has great potential should the right infrastructure be put in place.

Obviously I note that they're your opinions; they just seem a bit misinformed.

DMU has a lot of consolidation to do in and around Leicester; such as the acquisition of a local college and selling off outlying buildings. I believe they're both up and coming places to study - with one in a more obviously city like surround.

But each to there own and my personal fickle prejudices made me discount any 2nd city university.
Reply 5
Bump (hope im allowed!)

I've never lived in a city before and dont now. Im thinking that I want the city life at Uni so DMU would be my best bet right? For instance from what I understand Lincoln doesnt really have that many nightclubs etc. Am I right in saying this?

Also more opinions always welcome :smile:
Starkov
Bump (hope im allowed!)

I've never lived in a city before and dont now. Im thinking that I want the city life at Uni so DMU would be my best bet right? For instance from what I understand Lincoln doesnt really have that many nightclubs etc. Am I right in saying this?

Also more opinions always welcome :smile:

I've lived near DMU (Thats my firm choice too) and live near Lincoln now, PM me if you have any questions on either.

For a nightlife yeah, your best with DMU.. Lincoln has a nightlife but it's not as good, and Ive been out there. It's fun, but not brilliant!

Lincoln is ok.. But I wouldn't say it's as good as DMU for what you're looking for.
Reply 7
Ive had offers from both DMU and lincoln, Lincoln looks the better campus but not been to look round yet. I thought DMU looked good but I'll have to wait until ive seen Lincoln before i make my decision.

Latest