The Student Room Group

AQA A/S Biology - Biology and Disease (BIOL1)

Scroll to see replies

Reply 20
raspberryice
i KNEW some smart arse would say that....i was just illustrating a point.
they all sounds the same...whether they are enzymes or not.

Well I also thought you might have meant that, but just in case you thought sucrose was an enzyme... :p: Better to feel slightly patronised by me than lose marks on your exam lol.
DaveJ
Well I also thought you might have meant that, but just in case you thought sucrose was an enzyme... :p: Better to feel slightly patronised by me than lose marks on your exam lol.

:rolleyes: thanks...
Reply 22
ah, i've been revising so much for this exam.
and i am only on chapter 2 out of 6!
only 10 days left, omg.
still got so much to do.
how many chapters have people done? and is anyone just using their text book to revise like me?
I feel everyone else may be using there revision guide??
Sarah.
Reply 23
only 10 days left, omg

well when you put it like that:eek: :s-smilie::s-smilie::s:

I've also gone 2 other exams to prepare for not just this one! But making my way through the topics and definitely using a revision guide; too much in the textbook:s-smilie:
Reply 24
how much have you done?
Reply 25
got the heart and lungs and immunity to finalise next week (plenty of time)

done 2 topics. will have finished the 3rd tomorrow.(just need to do absorption from ileum and cholera) and doing 3 topics next week next week.

:smile:
Reply 26
oh same.
GOOD LUCK.
i've got to revise for psychology too!
as they say, so much to do and such little time!
Reply 27
are you on AQA for psychology...if so me too!

and good luck to you too!
let me know how it goes for you when the dreaded day comes
:eek::p:
Reply 28
yeha AQA psychologyA.
yeah i will do.
both biology and psychology on the 8th!
have you started revising for psychology?
i haven't at all but i figured 1 week for psychology and 1 for biology.
psychology starts on monday for me :s-smilie:
Reply 29
aye on the same day :shifty:

Biology first right.

Gives me time to look over all the research for psychology for the afternoon exam
gosh so much to know in that subject :p:

Yes I have I've done all memory and finishing all my developmental (notes)tomorrow
starting research methods monday but decided to do a power point for that instead of writing it all out!
But no doubt Come week of the exams I'll be finding more notes to add to my collection :rolleyes:
x
Reply 30
sounds like you're sorted!
i'm off to bed, gotta wake up early for revision! eek..
Reply 31
Does anyone else find the questions really fustrating? half of them aren't to do with what you know, but having your own ideas and using your knowledge to back you up!

And I also hateee those 'suggest why ___________ isn't valid/precise/accurate' Thats not biology!! :frown:
Reply 32
how much in detail do we have to know about each lung and heart disease?? I got so confused trying to explain what is what!!
And the lung mechanism.. is it still required for the new spec? Thanks!
BeLLe~*
how much in detail do we have to know about each lung and heart disease?? I got so confused trying to explain what is what!!
And the lung mechanism.. is it still required for the new spec? Thanks!

I think you know to a fair amount of detail regarding heart disease and lung disease. In the specimen paper, there was a 6 marker and 4 marker question on heart disease!

Lung mechanism as in breathing? You need to know about inspiration, expiration, calculating pulmonary ventilation and working from lung volume and pressure graphs. :smile:
argh there is too much to do in it!! i hav a chemistry and geography exam aswel..not on the same day tho...grrrr. how much revision are u doing everyday people?
raspberryice
argh there is too much to do in it!! i hav a chemistry and geography exam aswel..not on the same day tho...grrrr. how much revision are u doing everyday people?

what exam board are you on for geography? isit the new spec?
Aeon Prince
what exam board are you on for geography? isit the new spec?

OCR- coast, rivers and cold stuff (theres hot envirnmts too) :frown:
I have 6 exams in total and three harsh one's on the same day (s1,c1 and chemistry edexcel unit 1 all on the 9th), but im definitely sure this Aqa biology paper is gonna kill. Besides from using the specification and creating your notes anyone know a better way to ensure ownage in the actual paper?? and btw I'm new to this website so Hiii everyone ^_^
Reply 38
Hey..I don't think there is a specific way you just need to try and know everything (from the spec) and try to practice lots of past papers although I've done nil as I just cba searching for questions related to our spec and I just feel like we're guinea pigs; having a new syllabus this year!

and hope you enjoy this addictive site ^^
Since we're like guinea pigs do you think there's a chance that the exam wont be too difficult?

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending