The Student Room Group

Scroll to see replies

Reply 20
Unregistered
Actuarial exams are well respected and lead to many upper management and executive positions.

But you don't get paid well for taking actuarial exams, you get paid for what happens after in your career :biggrin:

Actuaries do not usually reach high management and executive positions because it is very mathematical, usually CIMA people reach those positions. However actuaries are very well paid for the role they perform.
Reply 21
i hear actuaries are generally a right boring lot :/
Reply 22
kikzen

Isn't that what is said about those involved in things maths related generally?
Reply 23
kikzen

I thought that but didn't say it :wink:
Reply 24
:frown: im doing a maths degree.
Reply 25
kikzen

That doesn't mean you're boring.

*thinks desperatly of something else to say to reassure kikzen :frown: *
Reply 26
kikzen

Well, then it's obviously NOT true what they say about mathematicians!
Reply 27
:biggrin: thanks unreg.

register and ill give you some rep :0
ROMAN Abramovich earned £564m in 2003 from his Russian oil company Sibneft and the sale of his stake in Aeroflot.

Harry Potter author J K Rowling is one of two women to make the top 10, with an income of £125m in 2003.

With earnings of £20.5m David Beckham gets more than the Queen, and remains the UK's highest paid footballer.

Beckham's recent move to Real Madrid helped him climb 11 places to 34th in the list, which is published today.

In second place overall was John Caudwell, founder of Europe's largest independent cellular phone distributor Phones 4U.

His earnings in the year to 30 September were put at more than £397m, according to the Sunday Times.

The newspaper said Mr Caudwell made most of the year's income from selling his Singlepoint subsidiary to Vodafone in August.

Philip Green, owner of British Home Stores and the Arcadia retail group - which includes Top Shop and Burton - was knocked from his previous number one slot into fourth place.

Mr Green managed a pay packet of just £171m this year.

The rise in popularity of DIY has been increasingly profitable for Bill Archer, chief executive of retail group Focus Wickes.

Mr Archer, who became a hate figure for fans during his tenure as chairman of Brighton & Hove Albion Football Club, secured 6th place in the pay list, after earning £73.8m.

Success in the property and construction business earned Lynn Wilson £47m, catapulting her from 216th place in 2002 to eighth this year .

Labour party donor Paul Drayson was a new entry in the list in 10th place.

His earnings for the year reached £42.4m after he decided to sell his company, Powderject Pharmaceuticals.

He was at the centre of a row when Powderject was awarded a government contract to provide a smallpox vaccine after he gave £50,000 to Labour.

Both the government and Dr Drayson insisted there was no connection between the contract and the donation.

The country's top 10 female earners list is dominated by J K Rowling, who last year earned £92m more than her nearest rivals, retailers Alison Goldberg and Sara Phillips.

In eighth place, London-based singer Madonna was just pipped to the post by the Queen, whose income of £15.6m wins her a slot in seventh place.

10 HIGHEST PAID PEOPLE IN BRITAIN - 2003
1. Roman Abramovich, business - £564m
2. John Caudwell, telecoms - £397m
3. Michael Cornish, business - £203m
4. Philip Green, retailing - £171m
5. JK Rowling, publishing - £125m
6. Bill Archer, retailing - £73.8m
7. John Fredriksen, business - £68.5m
8. Lynn Wilson, property and construction - £47m
9. Patrick Moores, retailing - £43.4m
10. Paul Drayson, pharmaceuticals - £42.4m

10 HIGHEST PAID WOMEN IN BRITAIN - 2003
1. JK Rowling, publishing - £125m
2. Alison Goldberg, retailing - £33m
2. Sara Phillips, retailing - £33m
4. Charlene de Carvalho, business - £27 m
5. Portia Kennaway, retailing - £18.4m
6. Marilyn Anselm, retailing - £18m
7. The Queen, establishment - £15.6m
8. Madonna, music - £15m
9. Denise O'Donoghue. TV and media - £12.8m
10. Jackie Collins, publishing - £10m

The Sunday Times lists the country's top 500 earners.
Reply 29
I got that supplement too, very interesting, I thought.
Reply 30
kikzen

People only think maths is boring because they don't understand it...people are stupid :tongue:

But then I don't understand maths too well myself, I turn up to the lessons, do the work and leave three hours later none the wiser :frown:
Reply 31
There are some really cruel people on this forum.
P.
Reply 32
Hey, I work at phones4U!
Reply 33
Bhaal85
Hey, I work at phones4U!

I love the new phones4u ads.........phones4u, for less at phones4u..
Reply 34
Unregistered
I love the new phones4u ads.........phones4u, for less at phones4u..

Come on in, I'll sort you out a good deal. God, I love sales.
Reply 35
can you get me a t610 offline for less than £250?
Reply 36
kikzen
can you get me a t610 offline for less than £250?

230 locked on Voda
Lord Huntroyde
I got that supplement too, very interesting, I thought.

i thought i let others read it too, its useful.
Reply 38
Bhaal85
230 locked on Voda

no way !
Reply 39
kikzen
no way !

Brand New boxed and locked on Voda. Legit, comes with Voda sim, but you can dash that away, put your sim card in, and its not part of any insurance scam. So it wont get blocked.

Latest

Trending

Trending