The Student Room Group

Smegma [removal + questions (+ mild phimosis?)]

firstly keep anonymous since this is embarrasing!

1. am i right in thinking smegma is the white stuff that builds up under the foreskin?

2. how can i stop it building up because i am worried about infection?

3. i could have mild Phimosis where, when erect, the whole foreskin doesn't go down, but i can pull it down, even though it is senative.... what can i do about smegma build up there?

4. circumcision is not an option!! any way i can stop smegma completely?

5. what is the best way to remove smegma? i pulled my foreskin back in the shower and let water splash over it, but this didn't do much and since under the foreskin it is very sensitive i couldn't do much and i cant exactly scrub it with a brush!!!!!!!!

in a few words, how can i stop smegma completely (any way apart from stopping masturbation and sex) and how can i remove it easily?
Why isnt circumcision an option?
You have to use soap, because it's an oily substance water alone won't do it.
Reply 3
Anonymous
5. what is the best way to remove smegma? i pulled my foreskin back in the shower and let water splash over it, but this didn't do much and since under the foreskin it is very sensitive i couldn't do much and i cant exactly scrub it with a brush!!!!!!!!

Just do that, but not just let the water splash over it. Try and actively remove it, say, using your thumb and rubbing the glans. Obviously using a brush will be painful, but using your fingers or something is a substitute. Yes, it will be painful the first few times as your glans is still sensitive, but just keep trying to remove it over a period of time and you'll become desensitised to it.
That is indeed smegma. And, as you say, it can build up, lead to infection, (balanitis epididymitis). Also, dont forget there is a lot of bacteria in the mouth... so having that smegma there is just asking for it.

I too have mild phimosis. Best thing I have found, is in the shower, build a load of soap/shower gel up around the penis/testicles. Then get some soap on the fore finger, and swirl it around the glans inside the foreskin cleaning it all. Make sure to rinse it out with water after, and get as much water out as possible.
Reply 5
Anonymous
firstly keep anonymous since this is embarrasing!

1. am i right in thinking smegma is the white stuff that builds up under the foreskin?

2. how can i stop it building up because i am worried about infection?

3. i could have mild Phimosis where, when erect, the whole foreskin doesn't go down, but i can pull it down, even though it is senative.... what can i do about smegma build up there?

4. circumcision is not an option!! any way i can stop smegma completely?

in a few words, how can i stop smegma completely (any way apart from stopping masturbation and sex) and how can i remove it easily?

Why is circumcision not an option? And splashing water on it isn't really washing it: you need to get soap on your fingers, pull the foreskin back, and actually wash it properly.
Reply 6
thanks for the help everyone
my masterbation a few times a day really doesn't help, but i'm not going to stop!! but i am becoming scared of an infection because it does stick there and i have only realised today, after seeing someone elses topic, that it can be a problem

circumcision will mean i have to tell my parents, and i'm still living at home and i'm quite young and, not only will it be awkward, i will have to give reasons and also i'm a bit scared of it, emabarressing when getting it done etc.

not sure how to go about it really :|
Anonymous
not sure how to go about it really :|

Well, as I said before, simply wash under the foreskin, around the glans with a soapy finger, and rinse well. That'll sort it out nicely, done and done. No need for any embarassment then.
Reply 8
the thing is: i have been doing this, but because under the foreskin it is very sensitive and it feels very uncomfortable and so i feel scared when putting soap there!!!
i dont even know what soap to use? i have shampoo that i could use, it is a scentless and non perfumed shampoo for my hair that becomes oily and so i was prescribed that
would it be safe to use under the foreskin?

i even find it uncomfortable to restract!
Anonymous
the thing is: i have been doing this, but because under the foreskin it is very sensitive and it feels very uncomfortable and so i feel scared when putting soap there!!!
i dont even know what soap to use? i have shampoo that i could use, it is a scentless and non perfumed shampoo for my hair that becomes oily and so i was prescribed that
would it be safe to use under the foreskin?

i even find it uncomfortable to restract!

I use shampoo. Normal, scented, whatever I buy of the shell shampoo.

I too cant retract my foreskin. But, with at least some pratice you can get a soapy finger in there and gently rub it in there to clean it all. Then, hold the foreskin to get some water in and rinse it out...
Reply 10
never use strong sop which increase the production of smegma. slean it regularly. wash yur genitals after passing urine.
I have been on this planet probably a fair few years longer than most on here. I am not circumcised. I cant recall having any issues with "smegma" or similar. I'd say my personal hygiene regime is fairly typical. Having said that, i dont have a sock of skin hanging over when flaccid.
Reply 12
Daily wash under there should do the trick. If not, and with what you describe, why not get a bit of advice from your GP. Don't worry it's confidential and they will have seen more dicks than you've had hot dinners..
Hey everyone, this thread is very old so I've closed it. If you'd like to continue the conversation, please make a new thread in Sexual Health :smile: Thanks!
Original post by Ashly22
never use strong sop which increase the production of smegma. slean it regularly. wash yur genitals after passing urine.

Original post by Limpopo
I have been on this planet probably a fair few years longer than most on here. I am not circumcised. I cant recall having any issues with "smegma" or similar. I'd say my personal hygiene regime is fairly typical. Having said that, i dont have a sock of skin hanging over when flaccid.

Original post by Zarek
Daily wash under there should do the trick. If not, and with what you describe, why not get a bit of advice from your GP. Don't worry it's confidential and they will have seen more dicks than you've had hot dinners..

Latest