The Student Room Group
Chemistry Research, Durham University
Durham University
Durham
Visit website

Scroll to see replies

Me!
Nope!

I'm not sure I applied to the right college anyway, all that room-sharing... :frown:
Chemistry Research, Durham University
Durham University
Durham
Visit website
Reply 2
Sharing rooms is AWESOME :biggrin:
Reply 3
I've applied. And am quite looking forward to sharing a room (if i get in :frown:)
Reply 4
I've applied but haven't heard anything yet. Don't really mind about sharing either way, there are good point and bad points and it won't be for long anyway. At least it'll get me to talk to someone since I'm usually really shy x]
Reply 5
PaperChain
I've applied but haven't heard anything yet. Don't really mind about sharing either way, there are good point and bad points and it won't be for long anyway. At least it'll get me to talk to someone since I'm usually really shy x]

You go to the same college as my friend :smile:

</stalker>
Reply 6
jobo3
You go to the same college as my friend :smile:

</stalker>

You go to the same college as me =D
And I think I have a pretty good idea who you are, at that...

Anyway, don't worry about room-sharing guys; they're pretty good in Chad's at pairing you with someone you can get along well with - I'm relieved that i got a room mate now, actually, we get on so well! Also, if worst comes to worst and you can't get along with each other, it's always a possibility to swap rooms.

Best of luck to all you potential Chadsians!
Reply 7
I know nobody in any of your colleges :ninja:
Reply 8
I have applied to St Chad's!

Haven't heard anything back yet, but that is unsurprising considering I only submitted the application a week ago.

I think room-sharing sounds fun!

*Touch wood*
Reply 9
Chris#1
I have applied to St Chad's!

Haven't heard anything back yet, but that is unsurprising considering I only submitted the application a week ago.

I think room-sharing sounds fun!

*Touch wood*

A good choice! Which subject have you applied for?

Agreed, I think it will be both fun and sociable. I also like the fact it's such a small college, like a really big family :smile:

Good luck with the application!
Reply 10
pleaserecycle
A good choice! Which subject have you applied for?

Agreed, I think it will be both fun and sociable. I also like the fact it's such a small college, like a really big family :smile:

Good luck with the application!

Thanks! I'm applying for English :smile: Yourself?

That was my logic too; it's small and so hopefully cosy, whilst at the same time being one of the oldest and most traditional colleges so it has the History and architecture aspects.

Good luck to you too!
Reply 11
Chris#1
Thanks! I'm applying for English :smile: Yourself?

That was my logic too; it's small and so hopefully cosy, whilst at the same time being one of the oldest and most traditional colleges so it has the History and architecture aspects.

Good luck to you too!

Agreed! I'm applying for International Relations.
It seems to have everything! Hopefully the size of it enables everyone to get involved and get to know each other well in a shorter time period in comparison to larger colleges :smile:

The only problem is getting the grades.. and it's so hard to concentrate on exams with UCAS!
Reply 12
pleaserecycle
Agreed! I'm applying for International Relations.
It seems to have everything! Hopefully the size of it enables everyone to get involved and get to know each other well in a shorter time period in comparison to larger colleges :smile:

The only problem is getting the grades.. and it's so hard to concentrate on exams with UCAS!

Indeed...I'm a gapper so I don't have to worry about the grades, but I do have to worry about getting an offer! :frown:
Reply 13
Chris#1
Indeed...I'm a gapper so I don't have to worry about the grades, but I do have to worry about getting an offer! :frown:

Well best of luck with it!
Gap year, ey? Where are you off to?!
Reply 14
pleaserecycle
Well best of luck with it!
Gap year, ey? Where are you off to?!

I was meant to travel around Europe but went to Barcelona and stayed there for 2 months! Before moving onto Madrid for a week, then came back for Christmas etc.

Now having spent ridiculous amounts of money I'm back and jobhunting, the plan being to work full-time for 6 months, making long weekend excursions to other various European cities once a month or so. This recession business is making getting a job really hard though!

Then in Summer (all being well) I shall spend 2 months travelling around the Far East / Australia. I'm doing all this with a friend who is also taking a year out. Exciting times! Just wish I could get a job ASAP!
Reply 15
I've applied for PPE but haven't heard anything yet :frown:

-Guy
Reply 16
Chris#1
I was meant to travel around Europe but went to Barcelona and stayed there for 2 months! Before moving onto Madrid for a week, then came back for Christmas etc.

Now having spent ridiculous amounts of money I'm back and jobhunting, the plan being to work full-time for 6 months, making long weekend excursions to other various European cities once a month or so. This recession business is making getting a job really hard though!

Then in Summer (all being well) I shall spend 2 months travelling around the Far East / Australia. I'm doing all this with a friend who is also taking a year out. Exciting times! Just wish I could get a job ASAP!

That sounds amazing!
If all else fails on the job front you could learn a couple of tunes on the recorder, buy a rug and sit on the streets of various cities and busk for a few days :smile:
I stayed at St Chads this summer... is v nice. Biggest college library apparently. Awesome.
Out of interest, is it true that the bursar ran off with loads of their money? Just a rumour going around my school but I'm a bit suspicious.
Also GuyM (sorry to be stalkerish ) but is your Oxford appy really still pending? Good lord
Reply 18
jellytotsandvodkashots
I stayed at St Chads this summer... is v nice. Biggest college library apparently. Awesome.
Out of interest, is it true that the bursar ran off with loads of their money? Just a rumour going around my school but I'm a bit suspicious.
Also GuyM (sorry to be stalkerish ) but is your Oxford appy really still pending? Good lord

Haha, yeah, she did.
We got it back though, and also got a detailed (and long) email from the Principal about it. Which we then ridiculed in the Christmas panto.
Such is life.
Reply 19
jellytotsandvodkashots

No its not, I just haven't got around to changing it :frown:

I'm afraid I didn't get in but that means if they'll take me Durham and Chads will be my first choice, which is great because I loved Chads :biggrin:

And I agree, loads of libraries = awesome.

-Guy

Latest