The Student Room Group
Chemistry Research, Durham University
Durham University
Durham
Visit website

Scroll to see replies

Reply 80
Smiling...Rain
Noooo, I've never been to the North-East either :tongue: Where're you from?
How exciting is it? :biggrin:
Ooh good to see you're another person who goes with your gut instinct, instead of cold hard facts :rolleyes:

Bedfordshire. It would just be wrong to mention the word 'exciting' in the same sentence as this place....then again I live in a village and can't drive so that's hardly surprising. :tongue:
I didn't realise Durham was so far away until I looked at train tickets :O
Chemistry Research, Durham University
Durham University
Durham
Visit website
eeels
Bedfordshire. It would just be wrong to mention the word 'exciting' in the same sentence as this place....then again I live in a village and can't drive so that's hardly surprising. :tongue:
I didn't realise Durham was so far away until I looked at train tickets :O

:eek: I have quite a few friends in Bedforshire! They go to BMS? :tongue:
Trains cost an absolute fortune! I hear it's best to leave it til like the day before? Oooh and try to get a train after half 9, it's cheaper rates :woo:
Reply 82
Smiling...Rain
:eek: I have quite a few friends in Bedforshire! They go to BMS? :tongue:
Trains cost an absolute fortune! I hear it's best to leave it til like the day before? Oooh and try to get a train after half 9, it's cheaper rates :woo:

Hah, I don't think I even know anyone there...if you're on about Bedford Modern
I was gonna book really early, but then decided to get a railcard first, and now I'm just too lazy to do any planning, so I might well have to do it the day before :P
eeels
Hah, I don't think I even know anyone there...if you're on about Bedford Modern
I was gonna book really early, but then decided to get a railcard first, and now I'm just too lazy to do any planning, so I might well have to do it the day before :P

Yeah Bedford Modern :tongue:
Haha best way to be, I would say you roll with it, but somehow that may result in your travelling my flying carpet or something :cool:
Reply 84
Smiling...Rain
Yeah Bedford Modern :tongue:
Haha best way to be, I would say you roll with it, but somehow that may result in your travelling my flying carpet or something :cool:

I wish...if it cuts the 5 hours journey time :tongue:
Reply 85
Hey,

just found this forum, has anyone heard back from Chads? I don't know if they're going to put me up yet :s-smilie:
very annoying with all these flights and such to sort out...

look forward to meeting you all!

matt
Reply 86
5matt1
Hey,

just found this forum, has anyone heard back from Chads? I don't know if they're going to put me up yet :s-smilie:
very annoying with all these flights and such to sort out...

look forward to meeting you all!

matt

Hey, well done on your offer - what subject are you doing?
Do you mean if we've heard back regarding the open day? I haven't, but I only sent my form a few days ago. I've already booked my train tickets though...so I hope I get on it :P
Reply 87
Hey,
I sent my form a good few weeks ago and haven't heard anything back yet. I had to book flights and trains so i'm hoping they don't say that day's full now or anything! I haven't heard anything though, so i'm guessing they're just finalising everything when all the forms are in x
Reply 88
eeels
Hey, well done on your offer - what subject are you doing?
Do you mean if we've heard back regarding the open day? I haven't, but I only sent my form a few days ago. I've already booked my train tickets though...so I hope I get on it :P

Thanks, you too! I'm doing ecology, evolution and behaviour, (pointlessly long name for a course, best-of-bio (or bob) would be better).

Yeah, i was expecting an email or something by now. I've got my flights booked but not the trains - they look horribly expensive so I'm hoping for some last minute deal.
Reply 89
5matt1
Thanks, you too! I'm doing ecology, evolution and behaviour, (pointlessly long name for a course, best-of-bio (or bob) would be better).

Yeah, i was expecting an email or something by now. I've got my flights booked but not the trains - they look horribly expensive so I'm hoping for some last minute deal.

Ah cool!

Yea train prices were scary! Got a railcard now so it's all good and I saved back it's price in the one go! :smile:
So which day were you hoping to go on?

IslandJess
Hey,
I sent my form a good few weeks ago and haven't heard anything back yet. I had to book flights and trains so i'm hoping they don't say that day's full now or anything! I haven't heard anything though, so i'm guessing they're just finalising everything when all the forms are in x

As a very primitive year-3-style-investigation, in the thread there's around 3 people going to each of the days, so if we apply this model to all offer holders - it should work out okay? :tongue: Yea, I know, my maths teachers would be ashamed of me...
Hey,
Don't worry everyone...I went to the open day last year and was expecting to hear something from them confirming I had got on but nobody got sent anything. So basically just turn up and you'll be fine. If your worried though, just give the college a ring.
Reply 91
Lobbylobbylobby
Hey,
Don't worry everyone...I went to the open day last year and was expecting to hear something from them confirming I had got on but nobody got sent anything. So basically just turn up and you'll be fine. If your worried though, just give the college a ring.

Hi, thanks for the info :biggrin:
Reply 92
Lobbylobbylobby
Hey,

Thank you! - I'd have probably waited until the day before for the non-existant confirmation whilst watching the train prices soar! I'll go ahead and book it now. Ta :biggrin:
Reply 93
Lobbylobbylobby
Hey,

Thanks for the heads up! On a tangent, how formal was the formal dinner, like what sort of 'formal dress' did people wear? I'm not sure what to wear! Any advice would be appreciated, thank you! x
IslandJess
Thanks for the heads up! On a tangent, how formal was the formal dinner, like what sort of 'formal dress' did people wear? I'm not sure what to wear! Any advice would be appreciated, thank you! x

That's ok! Umm for the formal you can wear a dress if you want to but lots of people wore skirts or just a smartish top and trousers. Basically anything that's not denim really!
pleaserecycle
Thank you! - I'd have probably waited until the day before for the non-existant confirmation whilst watching the train prices soar! I'll go ahead and book it now. Ta :biggrin:

That's ok! Haha yeah I remember last year getting worried about whether it was ok to book the train or not!
Reply 96
Lobbylobbylobby
That's ok! Umm for the formal you can wear a dress if you want to but lots of people wore skirts or just a smartish top and trousers. Basically anything that's not denim really!

Thank you! x
Reply 97
I guessed they've decided applicants need reassurance this year - got an open day confirmation by post.
Reply 98
Same here, I've just read the letter :smile:

What's everyone wearing for the formal?!
Reply 99
pleaserecycle
Same here, I've just read the letter :smile:

What's everyone wearing for the formal?!

Ooh, don't know at the moment. Probably a dress of some description, but that means I'll have to go shopping as I currently don't own one! (Not very specific, I know) :tongue:
Have you got any ideas?

Latest