The Student Room Group
Reply 1
no? anyone?
i was told i would have to redo the coursework if i wanted to resit that module
2strong
If you are retaking Biology Mod 3, then do you have to re-do the coursework element of the module, or can that be carried over from last year?

You can carry forward your coursework if it was done within 2 years I think. You will have to carry it forward though, as the specification is changing... I think...
Reply 4
Mathematician!
You can carry forward your coursework if it was done within 2 years I think. You will have to carry it forward though, as the specification is changing... I think...

I dont understand what that means - they are changing the spec in 1 year - or hasn't it already changed? WHAT i am asking is, can my mark from last year be brought round to this year? SO i will only have to do the written paper?
Reply 5
2strong
I dont understand what that means - they are changing the spec in 1 year - or hasn't it already changed? WHAT i am asking is, can my mark from last year be brought round to this year? SO i will only have to do the written paper?

yeah it can be carried round to this year. :rolleyes:
im retaking mod 3 biology b too!
xxmehzzixx
yeah it can be carried round to this year. :rolleyes:
im retaking mod 3 biology b too!

Mmhmm, me too. :smile:
Reply 7
Mathematician!
Mmhmm, me too. :smile:

:smile:

I've revised half of it today, in one go! That is an achievement, I have to tell ya! :yep: Just got all the planty stuff to do now.

I want the June 08 past paper though.

You looking forward to it?
xxmehzzixx
:smile:

I've revised half of it today, in one go! That is an achievement, I have to tell ya! :yep: Just got all the planty stuff to do now.

I want the June 08 past paper though.

You looking forward to it?

Not really, as my stupid teacher didn't teach us properly on how to do the coursework, so a majority of the class got low marks... including me. Other than that, yeah I guess I am kind of looking forward to it. The mass-flow and cohesion-tension, symplast/apoplast pathway, cardiac cycle, SAN/AVN, Purkyne Fibres, Bundle of His, (Para)sympathetic nerves, cardioacceleratory/inhibitory centre, medulla, semi-lunar valves, right atrio-ventricular/mitral valve/bicuspid valve, left-atrioventricular valve/tricuspid valve, Atria, Ventricles, Pulmonary artery/vein, Aorta, Superior/Inferior Vena Cava, Xerophyte adaptations (C.A.M. inc. Malic acid, sunken stomata, hairs, thick waxy cuticle), Pyruvate/Triglycerides/Glycerol/Glucose/Lactate, Oxygen/oxyhaemoglobin dissociation curves (inc. Bohr Effect), tissue fluid formation, lymph formation, stretch receptor, chemoreceptor, respiratory centres, are all not too hard to learn second time round. :smile:
Yes, I just provided you with a revision list there, lol.
Reply 9
Mathematician!
Not really, as my stupid teacher didn't teach us properly on how to do the coursework, so a majority of the class got low marks... including me. Other than that, yeah I guess I am kind of looking forward to it. The mass-flow and cohesion-tension, symplast/apoplast pathway, cardiac cycle, SAN/AVN, Purkyne Fibres, Bundle of His, (Para)sympathetic nerves, cardioacceleratory/inhibitory centre, medulla, semi-lunar valves, right atrio-ventricular/mitral valve/bicuspid valve, left-atrioventricular valve/tricuspid valve, Atria, Ventricles, Pulmonary artery/vein, Aorta, Superior/Inferior Vena Cava, Xerophyte adaptations (C.A.M. inc. Malic acid, sunken stomata, hairs, thick waxy cuticle), Pyruvate/Triglycerides/Glycerol/Glucose/Lactate, Oxygen/oxyhaemoglobin dissociation curves (inc. Bohr Effect), tissue fluid formation, lymph formation, stretch receptor, chemoreceptor, respiratory centres, are all not too hard to learn second time round. :smile:
Yes, I just provided you with a revision list there, lol.

Thanks, I really needed that. lol. Sooo, I just gotta revise the stuff in bold above! :biggrin:

Then...revision for chemistry mod 3!! The joy(!) :rolleyes:
xxmehzzixx
Thanks, I really needed that. lol. Sooo, I just gotta revise the stuff in bold above! :biggrin:

Heh, I've got Module 1/2/3 Chemistry as well as Module 2/3 Biology being re-sat. :rolleyes:
xxmehzzixx

Oh, and Purkyne fibres = Purkinje fibres. They just cause ventricular systole when the impulse passes up the ventricles from the Bundle of His.
Mathematician!
Heh, I've got Module 1/2/3 Chemistry as well as Module 2/3 Biology being re-sat. :rolleyes:

lol Good Luck! You feeling good about chem? I just about scraped a D in mod 3 thanks to my A in coursework!

Btw, you're definately getting an A in Bio! You really know your stuff.:yep: