The Student Room Group

Pharm Soc

Scroll to see replies

First year is all about bringing everyone to the basics, make sure you remember simple concepts from a level days such as conversions, moles etc (very helpful for chemistry).

Come on guys bump this soc up a bit and we can get it officially done!
Reply 41
ledleyking123
First year is all about bringing everyone to the basics, make sure you remember simple concepts from a level days such as conversions, moles etc (very helpful for chemistry).

Come on guys bump this soc up a bit and we can get it officially done!

Thank you :smile:

Yea please, i mean i'd love to help but i'm still a newbie so any help needed im here :smile:
guys we need to keep posting on here and get this made into an official soc, it depresses me that meds and dental people have a soc but ours don't!:frown:
Reply 43
when do you guys get your results?
Got mine - an A, C, and 2Ds from the summer exams - was pretty happy with the A but then amount of effort I put in for them (12hr stints + caffeine-fuelled all-nighters) should surely have helped me get a higher lot of grades. But meh, passed them anyway.

Not through to third year yet though - I failed an exam in January so have the resit in august.
Danielle how many exams do you have?
Had 4 in May, but I had I think 4 practicals through second semester, then 11 between December/January. Im sure we had a couple coursework tests mid-1st-semester too.

Nuts - quite happy to only have 1 resit
Reply 47
Just thought it'd be useful to provide an update on where we are with the transfer of the RPSGB's regulatory functions to the new General Pharmaceutical Council (GPhC).

Hope it helps :smile:
is it true that theres proposals to increase hospital wages?
Reply 49
Hey guys, just wanted to ask as this is the thread for the pharmacy society, what sort of events do YOU have in your university society?
Danielle89
Had 4 in May, but I had I think 4 practicals through second semester, then 11 between December/January. Im sure we had a couple coursework tests mid-1st-semester too.

Nuts - quite happy to only have 1 resit

Good going, I am sure I will have a few resits, what have you covered in chemistry this year.
The shortage for community pharmacists is over!
Reply 52
I want to join! (hopefully - pending results) Going into third year at Brighton
Reply 53
petzneo
Hey guys, just wanted to ask as this is the thread for the pharmacy society, what sort of events do YOU have in your university society?

Hi, I'm currently studying at Bath uni. Socially, we have events such as pub crawls, pub quizzes, theatre/shopping trips & the epic pharmacy ball. Academically, we have things like buddy schemes, book sales, dispensing competitions, pharmaceutical conferences & debates on pharmacy topics etc.
ledleyking123
The shortage for community pharmacists is over!

when was there a pharmacists shortage?
Reply 55
ahmadjan3
when was there a pharmacists shortage?

I remember a few years back when I was applying for universities, every brochure talked about the shortfall of community pharmacists. Now more universities are offering the course and more and more people are applying, so I guess the shortage is long over now!
Count me in :smile: Prospective student, 2009!
There is still a shortage of pharmacists - or at least there's not too many anyway. So many locums work in the pharmacy Im doing placement at too.
Lots of pharmacists choose to be locums though because of better pay etc ... meaning the permanent jobs aren't filled because there's not enough pharmacists but just less pharmacists are choosing to go down that route. There was something in the PJ not too long ago about community pharmacists being taken off the list of jobs where there is a shortage.
Yeah community pharmacy is saturated I think. How does a locum work etc, can someone explain to me the whole procedure, seems like locums are far poorer than a full time pharmacist though.

Quick Reply

Latest