The Student Room Group

Pharm Soc

Scroll to see replies

Reply 60
Hey guys, I'm thinking of doing pharmacy at uni and obviously I know about pharmacy but I don't know if I will love it as much as I think I will, what made all of you sure that it was the way forwards for you and do you still love it and think you made the right choice now that you are at uni?? x :s-smilie:
What makes you think locums are poorer?
They don't work as much as full timers!
ledleyking123

You can be a full time locum!
Reply 64
ledleyking123

Locums have a much higher pay rate than the regular pharmacist does and as Emmz says, they can choose to work as a full time locum. It just means that they'll have to broaden their area of work and travel a bit more for work occasionally. The work as a locum isn't garaunteed and they could be earned loads in one week then less he next week really depending on demand. Also, the quality of locums can really vary but you can get some really good ones.

Edit: I don't know what the current locum rates are at the moment, so it may be that the rates have dropped since the last time I looked

Hey guys, I'm thinking of doing pharmacy at uni and obviously I know about pharmacy but I don't know if I will love it as much as I think I will, what made all of you sure that it was the way forwards for you and do you still love it and think you made the right choice now that you are at uni?? x

Heya, I've just completed my first year of pharmacy and so far I've quite enjoyed it.

First year is quite relaxed and no where near as busy as second and third so I still think the real test is yet to come. This year has been mainly scientific ground knowledge which I loved since I really like studying science.

I like to work through problems in a logical way and love to give advice to a person or help them understand things. Originally I applied to medicine, but I was convinced to go through on my second choice because being a pharmacist is still a respected profession and has a good amount of responsibility, with a bit less stress than a medicine career might offer.

My uni was also really enthusiasic about the course and that probably played a part too and everyone I've spoken to says that pharmacy is a growing profession. I'm doing a boots summer placement at the moment. I don't want to go into community pharmacy, but it's helped me to see that I have chosen the right course and after a year at uni, puttings things into practice has been really good to do :smile:

Hope that helped a bit, it's wierd writing it down so I don't really know if I made any sense!
Reply 65
Hey everyone...just thought Id see if we can get this soc up and running...I mean if there can be an ex-penguin society, there has got to be a Pharm soc!

So show your support by posting how you are getting ready for uni, if your a fresher, first year, second year student etc or any other topic, it's up to u.

Also I wish you all good luck for the start of term...and remember freshers don't forget to be an active member of your Pharm Soc!

If any pharmacy students or prospective pharmacy students want to join, please quote the first post with your status.
I second this, we should really get this soc kicking!
Reply 67
petzneo
Hey everyone...just thought Id see if we can get this soc up and running...I mean if there can be an ex-penguin society, there has got to be a Pharm soc!

So show your support by posting how you are getting ready for uni, if your a fresher, first year, second year student etc or any other topic, it's up to u.

Also I wish you all good luck for the start of term...and remember freshers don't forget to be an active member of your Pharm Soc!

If any pharmacy students or prospective pharmacy students want to join, please quote the first post with your status.

yess i want to..didnt understand how to though :colondollar:
thanks xx
Reply 68
ledleyking123
I have decided to start it since we are taking ages to build it and I have time to kill. I hope petzeno doesn't mind.

PHARMACY SOCIETY

Members list:
1. Ledleyking123 - 2nd year (Portsmouth)
2. Petzneo - 1st year (Brighton)
3. Skysantosh - Prospective student
4. Lulu et moi - Prospective student
5. Soul 2 - Prospective student
6. Danielle 89 - 2nd year (RGU)

Prospective student 2010
Reply 69
ledleyking123
I have decided to start it since we are taking ages to build it and I have time to kill. I hope petzeno doesn't mind.

PHARMACY SOCIETY

Members list:

Prospective student, LSOP 09
Reply 70
2nd year Pharmacy student!!!...looking forward to it...heard its alot harder but oh well...i know some lovely 4th years hehehe! :P
Reply 71
ledleyking123

PHARMACY SOCIETY

Members list:

Second year (UEA) about to start in about 2 weeks time, looking forward to getting back now as the summer has been great but soooo long! Not really doing much preparation other than sorting out my monthly rent and things to take down with me to the new house.
PHARMACY SOCIETY

Members list:

1st year brighton mpharm student :smile:
Reply 73
We should get this up and running :biggrin: But how do we apply to be an "official" society?
Reply 74
ledleyking123

PHARMACY SOCIETY

Members list:

First year student, Medway School of Pharmacy:biggrin:
Reply 75
What did you guys do to prepare for starting the Pharmacy course such as reading anything particular etc?

If not, is there any advice you would give for first year students now after you have experienced it yourself?
Reply 76
xxaimeexx
What did you guys do to prepare for starting the Pharmacy course such as reading anything particular etc?

If not, is there any advice you would give for first year students now after you have experienced it yourself?

I didn't read any of the pharmacy modules...but what i would suggest is going back to your A2 chemistry modules and reviewing those.

one thing is to make notes straight after lectures while it is fresh in your mind, it will help when it gets to exams in summer.

And don't buy any books until you have a look in the library, read them and see if you feel they are useful for you...
Reply 77
NC
We should get this up and running :biggrin: But how do we apply to be an "official" society?

well, apparently we need to have a lot more people coming on to this thread and expressing their interest,then we can apply again... I want to give it maybe a few more days before reapplying.
Reply 78
petzneo
well, apparently we need to have a lot more people coming on to this thread and expressing their interest,then we can apply again... I want to give it maybe a few more days before reapplying.

Doesn't it take a while to get a lot of activity on a thread?

Pharmacy society is a really good idea, it would be a good place to discuss pharmacy for those studying it and for those who are applying to get help with interviews and personal statements.
Reply 79
yep we deserve a society!!!!

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending