The Student Room Group

Scroll to see replies

Reply 20
Okay, thanks for the advice everyone.

I know for sure that I will not take up the course at Newcastle and then drop it! I will either not take it up, or I will do that course instead.

Catchetat
Hey dude. I think I'm predicted 36 (if not 35) [excluding bonus points - not sure what it is]. I don't really want to find out because although the 1 point can make a slight difference I don't want to scare myself out.

I guess we're on the same boat! I wouldn't worry yet. In terms of GCSE grades I got like 2 or 3Bs and 1C, rest were As and A*s. In contrast your GCSEs are a range of As and A*s so you would excel me on that... hence, if I got an interview offer you should get one too!

Good luck to your offers! I wanted to apply to Newcastle physiology and like courses but I didn't and applied to UCL Biomedical science instead.

Ah, you got an interview from Sheffield? Well done. They just rejected me. I assume you have a better UKCAT or just simply a better PS.

Alex L
OP, if you change your mind after accepting an offer, you can contact the university and ask them to release you. I've never heard of anyone being made to pay the tuition fees, although I guess its a possibility. Never ever ever ever ever partially complete a course though, if you choose to go the Newcastle route then stick it out and apply as a graduate at the end

Thanks for that. I'm going to go visit Newcastle soon so I can get an idea of whether I will actually like it or not. We'll see how it goes and then I might change my decision.

Who knows? I might even get another interview and even maybe an offer.
Rennie
Thanks for that. I'm going to go visit Newcastle soon so I can get an idea of whether I will actually like it or not. We'll see how it goes and then I might change my decision.

Who knows? I might even get another interview and even maybe an offer.

Newcastle is really nice, and friends of mine who are there are really enjoying themselves. Another point to think about (sorry to complicate things even more :o:) is that if you truly want to do medicine, then you will never really be happy doing anything else. So if you would rather take a gap year and try again, then I say go for it. And stay positive about your other choices :smile:
Reply 22
Well, I know I won't really be happy doing the course at Newcastle. But, it may also help my application. I don't really know.

Ah, it's so tough trying to decide what to do. Not that I have to right now, of course.

Thanks for all your help :smile:

Latest

Trending

Trending