The Student Room Group

Scroll to see replies

Reply 40
Erm no. All they would know is that is looked at their profile, wow?
I won't be able to fb stalk people anymore...
This is terrible news. I have to choose between not knowing what's going on in other people's lives, or being the stalky freak girl that looks at everyone's profiles.
this was the reason people left hi5 btw
rushhour72

I left cos hardly anyone I knew was on it heh I wonder why :p:
Reply 44
rushhour72

Personally I found Hi5 ( and Tagged too) to be nothing more than a knocking shop.....which is why I left both of them. I seemed to attract quite old men , which is yuck when you think of my age, offering to take me all over the world....blurrghhhh.:frown:
Reply 45
Tagit
If this was actually implemented would the way you use facebook change?
Would you stop looking up that hot one down the road?
Would you spend less time on facebook?
Would the world end?

ut you have to accept friend request to let people see your profile. So what is the point of knowing what people, you have allowed to see your profile, are looking at your profile.
gozatron
ut you have to accept friend request to let people see your profile. So what is the point of knowing what people, you have allowed to see your profile, are looking at your profile.

Not true.

You can see somebody's profile if they're in your network and don't have privacy settings on their profile. Most people don't have full privacy settings on their profiles.
Tagit

Would the world end?

I fear it may send us into Gibb'sparadox :no:
Reply 48
If it was implemented it more people would just make fake accounts.
Reply 49
I'd rather they didn't.
I would find the refresh button and click refresh on the page fifty times a day of someone I knew for three weeks and then call them up and act completely normal and see how creeped out they got :smile:
I would be in favour of it :smile: I would message people saying incriminating things like; why the hell have you viewed my profile 57 times today!?!

would be fun

Yeah.. I would stop using it a lot less.

:teeth:
Lol no.
Not a good idea really.
"Stalkers dream" haha!
But seriously, I'd never use it again
rushhour72

oh yeah forgot about hi5. Didn't really like it.
Reply 55
Candyliqour
oh yeah forgot about hi5. Didn't really like it.

I'm still receiving e-mails from Hi 5. I went on it the other day and noticed that it was reminiscent of 2006's Myspace except with the allure of an old sardine from said year; which has had a time bomb fitted into it.
Bebo has that, but you can be anomynous on bebo :smile:
It wouldnt stop me using it. For me its basically the most easy way of communicating with my friends from uni or from travelling. I couldn't care less if someone has been looking at my profile, there's not much personal information on there just a handful of pics I've been tagged in and a basic few lines of my interests and favourite movies etc. As for looking at other peoples profiles I generally just look at the pics that have come up in the news feed, of friends who are in interesting places (eg at the rugby league world cup, on the great wall of china etc).

When people say they are 'stalking' someone on facebook, all they are doing is looking at pictures which that person has posted in a public forum, or reading messages which they have written on somebodys wall, in a public forum. There is an element of narcissim on facebook, when you post a load of pics its because you want people to look at them, its hardly stalking. If there was a way of viewing peoples private messages to each other then that would be more like stalking.

It's possible to use facebook for stalking purposes, ie work out from someones profile where they work/where they are attending on a certain night etc, and go over and harass them, but all the other person needs do is stop being friends with you or change their privacy settings and it stops.
I'd hate it, I stare endlessly at pictures of people I dont really know.
Reply 59
reems23
Don't make thread titles as if it's already happened.
Ta.

This.

Latest

Trending

Trending