The Student Room Group

Scroll to see replies

Reply 1
Not a prediction, BUT i'm hoping and praying GAS and the SAM/HPS system comes up as an 18 marker - and it may well do because it hasn't for a long while now.

Can you see a likelihood of Life changes coming up for an 18 marker?
lol2003
Not a prediction, BUT i'm hoping and praying GAS and the SAM/HPS system comes up as an 18 marker - and it may well do because it hasn't for a long while now.

Can you see a likelihood of Life changes coming up for an 18 marker?

You've got to remember that there's 2 questions on each paper.
I've not looked in depth for module 2, but yeah, I'm thinking Life changes will come up. I'll tell you later if I spot a pattern.

My Mother's positive Bowlby will come up as an 18 mark question for Module 1.:shifty:
Reply 3
For PYA2

18 markers

Stress:
GAS
Psychological Methods of Managing Stress

Abnormality:
Cognitive model
Biolgical exp of eating disorders

Hoping personality and gender dont come up for stress!
Reply 4
Also for abnormality I very much doubt that the definitions will come up again as they have been in the last two most recent papers. Which is a shame coz i find this the easiest of the abnormality 18 markers to do :-(
Reply 5
I agree Mark, Modifying the effects of stressors questions are the worse... i'm learning 6 markers for them, but not learning them to 18 mark standard.
mark______
For PYA2

18 markers

Stress:
GAS
Psychological Methods of Managing Stress

Abnormality:
Cognitive model
Biolgical exp of eating disorders

Hoping personality and gender dont come up for stress!

How positive are you about this?
Reply 7
I agree. I don't think the definition's will come up as an 18 marker question as it was there in the summer exam but it might be there as a 6 marker.
Reply 8
For the definitions its bound to come up as a six marker in one of the 2 questions normally like:

Define X? (3) and give a limitation of this definition (3)
Reply 9
SuicideCommando
How positive are you about this?

I live in hope that these qs come up but unfortunately there only predictions :mad:
Reply 10
Hope Psychological Methods of Managing Stress does come up, did the physiological approach come up last year ?

Are you learning about the individual differences, culture, gender & role of control for PYA2, I was told that I don't need to.
i can't even remember what you're talking about. I'm so glad this is waaay behind me
Reply 12
ace101
Hope Psychological Methods of Managing Stress does come up, did the physiological approach come up last year ?

Are you learning about the individual differences, culture, gender & role of control for PYA2, I was told that I don't need to.

Physiological methods of stress management came up last year as a 6 marker - am i right?

Individual differences - do you mean individual differences in modifying the effects of stressors? yes, that may well come up, I think it does every year... but we only need to know gender and personality (such as type A personality and hardiness) for that question.

I'm hoping it's not one of teh 18 mark questions, because I think i'm just going to learn it for 6 marks - although, i seem to be able to write a page for personality - so if i add some a02 to that, it should be OK for an 18 marker... hmmm (rambling to myself now, sorry!)

I'll plod on with my revision.... and keep praying for a set of good questions.... and enough time to complete the whole of PYA3 and some PYA2 before the exam. :frown:
Can anyone with experience on TSR tell me how close these predictions usually are.
Reply 14
I hope the MDH 18 mark question comes up for PYA1
Reply 15
lol2003
Physiological methods of stress management came up last year as a 6 marker - am i right?

Individual differences - do you mean individual differences in modifying the effects of stressors? yes, that may well come up, I think it does every year... but we only need to know gender and personality (such as type A personality and hardiness) for that question.

I'm hoping it's not one of teh 18 mark questions, because I think i'm just going to learn it for 6 marks - although, i seem to be able to write a page for personality - so if i add some a02 to that, it should be OK for an 18 marker... hmmm (rambling to myself now, sorry!)

I'll plod on with my revision.... and keep praying for a set of good questions.... and enough time to complete the whole of PYA3 and some PYA2 before the exam. :frown:

hmmm .. oh yeah now to think about it i was told to learn about the individual differences, the type a & c and so on but not the other ones - culture, gender & role of control.
Dont worry still around 2 weeks left till the exam.
Reply 16
ace101
hmmm .. oh yeah now to think about it i was told to learn about the individual differences, the type a & c and so on but not the other ones - culture, gender & role of control.
Dont worry still around 2 weeks left till the exam.

Yepp, just to clarify with you... when asked to talk about:

1. personality in modifying the effects of stressors
Talk about Friedman and Rosenman (1974) - APFC (and criticisms if you're doing 18 marker).

Talk about Type A and B behaviour (this can be incorporated into when you're talking about F&R).

Talk about the hardy personality. (kobassa, 1982)

2. gender in modifying the effects of stressors
Talk about physiological gender differences (such as women showing less increase in blood pressure than men in stressful situations - Frankenhauser, 1983)

Talk about social support e.g. women having confidantes and friends and making more use of social support networks than males (Carroll, 1992).

Talk about differnces between the genders... e.g. In general, women engage in fewer unhealthy behaviours than men, or at least they used to. Men smoked more and drank more alcohol, which might have explained their higher rates of CHD etc....

3. Individual differences in modifying the effects of stressors
All of the above.

You do not need to talk about culture. And it's type 'a', 'b' and 'x' behaviour. Not 'c'.

Good luck.
Reply 17
lol2003
Yepp, just to clarify with you... when asked to talk about:

1. personality in modifying the effects of stressors
Talk about Friedman and Rosenman (1974) - APFC (and criticisms if you're doing 18 marker).

Talk about Type A and B behaviour (this can be incorporated into when you're talking about F&R).

Talk about the hardy personality. (kobassa, 1982)

2. gender in modifying the effects of stressors
Talk about physiological gender differences (such as women showing less increase in blood pressure than men in stressful situations - Frankenhauser, 1983)

Talk about social support e.g. women having confidantes and friends and making more use of social support networks than males (Carroll, 1992).

Talk about differnces between the genders... e.g. In general, women engage in fewer unhealthy behaviours than men, or at least they used to. Men smoked more and drank more alcohol, which might have explained their higher rates of CHD etc....

3. Individual differences in modifying the effects of stressors
All of the above.

You do not need to talk about culture. And it's type 'a', 'b' and 'x' behaviour. Not 'c'.

Good luck.

ooo thanks for that... pretty much summed up a couple pages there :smile:
will need to read my notes again on this part. :rolleyes:

Good luck aswell.
How about the predictions for PYA3?
I really hope obedience and ethics comes up!
Mango24
I hope the MDH 18 mark question comes up for PYA1

My mother's pretty sure it will. :wink:

Latest

Trending

Trending