although ive heard "nottingham is a AWESOME night out"
Students on campus, Nottingham University
University of Nottingham
Nottingham
Visit website
Reply 2
Anyone? :smile:
Reply 3
Ooo cool idea Sian, mind if I steal it, and put one in the Bristol subforum?
Reply 4
Spose so :p:
Reply 5
SiAnY
Spose so :p:

I'm forever indebted to you :p:
Reply 6
SiAnY
Hectic?
Boring?
Where do you go?
What do you do?
Is it expensive?
How often do you go out?
Do you stay on campus or go to the city?

I'm trying to figure out if Nottingham would be right for me so I want to know what sorts of things most people do! Thanks x

Hectic/boring? Depends on the person, mines quite boring to be honest, but some people seem to manage to go out most nights of the week.

Where do you go? Most people in my hall seem seriously into the cheese- so Jumping Jacks, Mode, Ocean, The Works etc. If you're into Indie, there's places like Rock City and the Cookie Club, but sadly I don't know that many people who are :frown:
There's also bars- The Pit and Pendulum (lovely cocktails), Walkabout, Wetherspoons, and a whole variety of others)

There's also the halls bars and the ark, and the cinema of course. (Under £4 with nus at the Cornerhouse, £2.50 for unifilms (in the econ and geog buliding :biggrin:), but most of them are out of date)

Is it expensive- Around £1.50 for a taxi there (depending on how many are sharing of course), probably a bit more if you're going back late at night. Tickets for things are usually £2/3. After that it depends on how much (and what) you drink!

How often do you go out? Depends very much on you. Anytime between 0 and 5 nights a week!

Do you stay on campus or go to the city? Sometimes we stay in the hall bars or the ark (or the campus 14- all 12 hall bars, plus the ark twice. You WILL get absolutly trashed.) Sometimes we go into the city.

I think Rah did a little guide to the clubs and stuff a while back, might see if I can dig it up.
Hectic? Yes!
Boring? Never!
Where do you go? Where don't I? (Dogma, Quilted Llama, The Pit, The Bell (jazz nights), Reflex, Rock City, Rescue Rooms, etc.)
What do you do? Pubs, clubs, gigs, cinema, concerts, restaurants etc.
Is it expensive? No
How often do you go out? once or twice a week
Do you stay on campus or go to the city? City
Reply 8
Good :-) Check out my website below to check out some of the crazy stuff we get up to!
Reply 9
first year= around three times a week in first semester, nothing during exams, back to three times a week, exams, then insanity every night for the final two weeks, awesome :wink:

second= a much more restrained and wallet healthy once or twice a week :smile:

still not bored..
stu673
Good :-) Check out my website below to check out some of the crazy stuff we get up to!

Cool!
Reply 11
Stu673 just checked out your website looked as if you guys are having a proper good time.
You got some real funny stuff on your website
Im at Nottingham trent uni but i suppose i can comment on the student life of Nottingham.

Hectic? yeah it is pretty hectic, as far as nightlife goes there is always somewhere to go, and i've never seen any of this supposed violent Nottingham.

Boring? never boring really, even sundays we can go to our local Union for A few beers and the Quiz Night

Where do you go? Long Island, Mode, City Union, Rock City, Walkabout, Ocean, The Works, loads of trendy bars on the Lace market as well

What do you do? clubs, gigs, 5 a side footy, play pool

Is it expensive? Student nights are dirt cheap and even other nights drinks are so much cheaper than Aylesbury for example

How often do you go out? been out every night for about 2 weeks now but normally it would be tuesday, Friday and Saturday as the best 3.

Do you stay on campus or go to the city? Campus for a few pints but I have to go into the City for a good night out
Reply 13
serious narb
Im at Nottingham trent uni but i suppose i can comment on the student life of Nottingham.

Hectic? yeah it is pretty hectic, as far as nightlife goes there is always somewhere to go, and i've never seen any of this supposed violent Nottingham.

Boring? never boring really, even sundays we can go to our local Union for A few beers and the Quiz Night

Where do you go? Long Island, Mode, City Union, Rock City, Walkabout, Ocean, The Works, loads of trendy bars on the Lace market as well

What do you do? clubs, gigs, 5 a side footy, play pool

Is it expensive? Student nights are dirt cheap and even other nights drinks are so much cheaper than Aylesbury for example

How often do you go out? been out every night for about 2 weeks now but normally it would be tuesday, Friday and Saturday as the best 3.

Do you stay on campus or go to the city? Campus for a few pints but I have to go into the City for a good night out

wot subject u do?
amo1
wot subject u do?

English
Reply 15
Serious narb you're at Nottingham!!??

Well might just end up seeing you there then cus Notts' my firm choice. Ahh would be cool. Hey my cousin's in Nottingham Trent!
Reply 16
serious narb
English

how much do u spend on drinks a week?
irisng
Serious narb you're at Nottingham!!??

Well might just end up seeing you there then cus Notts' my firm choice. Ahh would be cool. Hey my cousin's in Nottingham Trent!

i'm at Nottingham trent, so same as your cousin :smile:

and on drinks p/w it really does depend, because it is really possible to have a great night out and get wasted for about £10

just depends how careless you are with your money, i dont like to think how much i've spent on money lately
Anyone else?

How often do most people go out?
Is Nottingham Uni full of mega extroverts who get trashed all the time? :biggrin:
Are there any quietish people?? :smile:
Reply 19
I think you will find every type of person at uni. Not everyone will be the traditional student stereotype. I'm not normally a quiet person but i don't get trashed evry time i go out. Well i did this weekend but we're allowed one offs right? xx

Latest

Trending

Trending