The Student Room Group

Do UGGs stretch?!

I tried some UGGs on in town today and I'm usually a 7 or 8 in normal shoes. The 7 fit me but then I tried on the 6 and it was a bit tight but not bad at all... do you think it would stretch?! Am unsure which to get now as I've heard people say they give a bit and mould to your foot.

Also, has anyone got the sand ones - do they get really dirty quickly? I'm unsure whether to get sand, chestnut or chocolate!
I would recommend that you get the size 6.

I'm usually a 5, but when i went to buy mine, the 5 fit just right and the 4's were slightly tight but the sales lady told me to buy the 4 as eventually they will start to stretch as she had some aswell and thats happened to hers.

So yeh, get the 6. :smile:
Reply 2
I don't have proper Uggs, but I've had several different versions and have always found that getting a size smaller is a good idea. They've all loosened up too. I'm assuming Uggs do the same.
Reply 3
Anyone else?
The Ugg Australia's are always recommended in a size smaller, as the sheepskin wears down slightly over time, so they may seem snug at first.
And if you're getting the proper sheepskin Ugg Australia ones, then buy some good quality suede protector. I spray mine once every few months, and they look good as new and don't get too dirty. Having said that, I have the chestnut and black ones, so they don't show the dirt too badly anyway!!! But with the sand, a suede protector will definitely help keep them looking good as new :smile:
I found mine became stretched after a while and lost there shape as well.

Kerry
Reply 6
hmm personally, I'd get the 7 ... I normally wear 7s or 8s as well and all the three pairs that I own are 7s. It's the perfect size trust me :P
Reply 7
i would say get the 6 as well.

i was in the exact same situation as you when buying mine. I'm a size 7 and the size 6s didn't seem too tight at all! I went with the 6 and my Uggs have definitely "stretched" now so they're perfect!
Reply 8
Yes- they do definately stretch!

I was an 8, and had them in 8, and I wish I had got them smaller now, but the ones I got for Christmas are a 7, and they fit me better!

And the sand ones aren't too bad- I've had mine since April, and I'm yet to clean them or anything, but I've had pizza, water, coca cola, and WKD spilt on them, and they've got no stains on them- even wore them to the beach the other day!

xx
Reply 9
Yess they stretch. I have a pair of chesnut uggs, and a pair of chocolate ones. I've had my chesnut ones the longest and I think they're pretty dirty if you look closely... But Im bad at keeping things like that clean, so as long as you're sensible you should be fine. :p: Buy some protection spray too! You dont have to buy the special Ugg one either. :smile:
My grandaughter was very upset with me as I chose not to purchase the Uggs in a size smaller for her. I cannot assume that having her toe reach the seam line in any shoe is worth wasting $129.00. Ugg should make their boots in half sizes.

Quick Reply

Latest