The Student Room Group

Scroll to see replies

JonathanH
Actually, you're the one who looks absurd when you ridiculously overestimate its importance and try to make ridiculous arguments about aid amounting to a tiny proportion of Israel's economy somehow being vital for its continued existence. Also, how you keep putting a 'k' in America.

Unless you're totally ignorant or a moron, you could easily see more than 35% of "Israeli" exports go to USA alone. Most of its weaponry is USA made and donated. Most of its 'scientists' train at, live in or have dual citizenship of 'usa'.

Etc.
maths-enthusiast
Unless you're totally ignorant or a moron, you could easily see more than 35% of "Israeli" exports go to USA alone. Most of its weaponry is USA made and donated. Most of its 'scientists' train at, live in or have dual citizenship of 'usa'.

Etc.

The US's economy goes down, and everyones does. You're saying if the US didn't exist Israel would be facing economic troubles: well duh! Everyone's economy would be going down! In either case, Israel has much greater economic strength than Ethiopia even without US support. You are clearly rationalizing Israel being bad. I wonder why.

BTW: Kol HaKavod!(Congratulations) You didn't spell USA wrong!
maths-enthusiast
Unless you're totally ignorant or a moron, you could easily see more than 35% of "Israeli" exports go to USA alone.
Are you retarded? How is TRADE with the US (incidentally, the country where the highest proportion of exports of many countries - including the UK - go) relevant? What exactly is your argument, that if the US stopped trading with Israel, Israel's economy would suffer? How is that any sort of point - most countries would suffer economically if the US ceased trading with them. I don't see what that has to do with anything.

maths-enthusiast
Most of its weaponry is USA made and donated.
To say that 'most' of Israel's weaponry is 'US made and donated' is very vague and manifestly incorrect. Much of Israel's weaponry is not US made, and most of it - including most American equipment - is bought, not donated. In fact, Israel, despite its small size, is one of the ten biggest arms EXPORTING countries in the world. Trying to claim that one of the world's ten biggest arms EXPORTERS is completely reliant on another country for military supplies seems a little bizarre.

maths-enthusiast
Most of its 'scientists' train at, live in or have dual citizenship of 'usa'.
Once again, sheer BS. Israel has very good universities and technical institutes, and most ISRAELI scientists live, unsurprisingly, in ISRAEL. And please tell me where you got this information on dual citizenship, or supply me some figures.
Reply 83
The reason Obama will be no different is because America is a Fascist dictatorship with the illusion of democracy, you have to bow down to the neocons before getting the white house

"I am a most unhappy man. I have unwittingly ruined my country. A great industrial nation is controlled by its system of credit. Our system of credit is concentrated. The growth of the nation, therefore, and all our activities are in the hands of a few men. We have come to be one of the worst ruled, one of the most completely controlled and dominated Governments in the civilized world no longer a Government by free opinion, no longer a Government by conviction and the vote of the majority, but a Government by the opinion and duress of a small group of dominant men." Woodrow Wilson

Respect to admitting he ruined America by signing the federal reserve act
Reply 84
I haven’t read through the entire thread, so some of my views may be repeated ones. But the fact is, Obama isn’t even in office yet – so it’s difficult to expect him to do much at present. And even when he does officially become President, he’s taking on a very difficult role having to try and wade through the policies of the last 8 years. Yes, he managed to win by promising change, but everyone knows we can’t expect it overnight. He was a lot more spontaneous before whereas now he’ll have to be careful about what he does and says, and no doubt everything he does do or say will have been monitored closely beforehand. It’s naive to expect anything to change right now. It’s upsetting but most do feel comforted knowing that at least he’s the one in office and not the alternative.
Reply 85
interms of palistine and israel- theres is alot of jewish power in ammerica- no way he will go against it!! I think he'll be pretier on the eyes, maybe a stepping stone for the environment but i think he will be another type of bush- yes america can now have a black leader- or one of ethinic minority- that is good, but I dont think he'll live up to expectations
Reply 86
Disorder
The reason Obama will be no different is because America is a Fascist dictatorship with the illusion of democracy, you have to bow down to the neocons before getting the white house

"I am a most unhappy man. I have unwittingly ruined my country. A great industrial nation is controlled by its system of credit. Our system of credit is concentrated. The growth of the nation, therefore, and all our activities are in the hands of a few men. We have come to be one of the worst ruled, one of the most completely controlled and dominated Governments in the civilized world no longer a Government by free opinion, no longer a Government by conviction and the vote of the majority, but a Government by the opinion and duress of a small group of dominant men." Woodrow Wilson

Respect to admitting he ruined America by signing the federal reserve act

agreed
Reply 87
The purpose of a political leader is to provide fair and accurate representation for their people.

Which means that George W Bush was actually the perfect man for the job!
Reply 88
He comes into office and recruits the Clinton Administration nuff said about the man!
Reply 89
If he continue to not take measures against the Israel butchering of Gaza after 20th January, yes, he will be another Bush.
miv
If he continue to not take measures against the Israel butchering of Gaza after 20th January, yes, he will be another Bush.

If he was going to take measures against Israel, he probably already would have said something already. Since you think he is another Bush, I hope you treat him exactly the way you treated his predecessor. Let's not have a double standard, one standard will do just fine. :smile:
Reply 91
Erm what?
I think that the fact that many people are making judgements upon Obama's 'reign' prior to it's occurrence is quite poignant. Whether you know it or not, it shows that the events and essential core policies that will be made and acted upon will have strong external influences, or arguably controllers. As always, the Capitalist system upon which the US is based dictates that the power is distributed to those who own the means of production, not the guy that sits in the White House and makes the occasional illusionary decision.

The idea of 'change' may even happen. Though I don't see it as increased freedom and security (although that will most likely be the guise under which the true motives are hidden). Bring on the waves of hidden oppression!

So... yeah, Obama's not in control :erm:

"The real rulers in Washington are invisible, and exercise power from behind the scenes."

Supreme Court Justice Felix Frankfurter, 1952.
~|Shock|~
Erm what?

I'm saying that if he is another Bush, then treat him like Bush. I'm sick of the Obama media orgy. I guess sooner or later when he fails to live up to the hype, the media is going to turn on him. There is no way a single man could ever live up to this kind of hype, so he's bound to be a disappointment.
This anti-Obaminism is racist.
Reply 95
Made in the USA
I'm saying that if he is another Bush, then treat him like Bush. I'm sick of the Obama media orgy. I guess sooner or later when he fails to live up to the hype, the media is going to turn on him. There is no way a single man could ever live up to this kind of hype, so he's bound to be a disappointment.

Actually, I was "erm what" the OP instead :biggrin:

Being the first ever none-white president of the USA will undoubtbly make a lot of people curious.

However should he fail he will receive equally severe criticism.
Reply 96
raven_O
interms of palistine and israel- theres is alot of jewish power in ammerica- no way he will go against it!!

Obviously. Would you not expect America's wealthiest, most intelligent and most educated ethnic group to wield formidable power? Jews not only donate hugely to both the Democrats and the GOP, but they also represent a massively disproportionate share of America's senators and congressman. Too right, let power go to those that have worked hard for it and have deserved it.

In New York politics, people often talk about the 3 I's: Ireland, Italy and Israel. New York politicians are obliged to pay lip-service to these 3 countries to placate their state's large corresponding populations of Irish, Italians and Jews. Undoubtably this is the case with Israel on a nationwide scale. A similar thing can be said about Cuba - Florida's exile Cuban community is also a comparatively powerful group. It should come as no surprise then that while America makes diplomatic overtures with Venezuala, Syria and even North Korea, there is a strict no-no on any communiation with Cuba.

To the throngs of Muslims and other on TSR constantly decrying the Jewish-American community's political clout I would suggest looking at your own group. American Jews should serve as an example of what your group can achieve. It's encouraging to know some American groups are already heeding this advice.
Reply 97
Simplicity
This anti-Obaminism is racist.

Is this supposed to be a joke? If not, how exactly are you defining racism.

Latest

Trending

Trending