The Student Room Group

Too high sex drive - actually distracting

I've talked to my male best friends about how often they :santa2::santa2::santa2::santa2:, and it is really no where near as much as I find I'm needing to; they were actually shocked that I will repeatedly :santa2::santa2::santa2::santa2: and be needing to, not just out of habit. I'm not in a relationship with anyone or having casual sex, so I'm going alone and I'm simply not finding it satisfying enough. I don't just want masturbation - I want good sex! I want the satisfaction of seduction the whole way through, and though I could probably get this if I go out looking for it, that's not really what I fancy right now. (I've considered calling up an old friend who would most probably say yes though.)

Part of my frustration I think is that my previous relationship wasn't particularly satisfying; my partner wouldn't experiment, and didn't naturally have a high sex drive, didn't really :santa2::santa2::santa2::santa2: a lot before the relationship and never really felt the need.

I'm actually finding it distracting though. I'll orgasm, and then want more and more, because typically the more I carry on the stronger it gets (I'm female incase you haven't guessed.)

Thinking about my solutions:
1) just :santa2::santa2::santa2::santa2: each morning and hope that will be enough
2) get some kind of sex toy in the hope it will be more satisfying (?)

I'm really finding it a distraction. I'm supposed to be revising but my body is craving sex, and my mind is wandering awfully. I've considered maybe doing 1 hr of work, then play time, then another hour, then...

Tell me I'm not the only one!

Don't want judgement, but suggestions would be helpful. I know sex drive fluctuates, but right now mine is actually ridiculous. God help the next boy I do pursue :P

Scroll to see replies

male or female?
Reply 2
female, says in the OP
Reply 3
Meh, lucky for the chap who comes across your radar! How old are you, by the way?
Anonymous
female, says in the OP

oh sorry, just seen it!

Maybe go and see the doctor, and see if they can do anything?
Dionysus
Meh, lucky for the chap who comes across your radar! How old are you, by the way?

lol! i have quite a high sex drive, (but then i'm male)
Reply 6
I get like this sometimes (and it was really bad for a while when I was 16ish), but now I have a bf and thus it's ok but I feel your pain.

How long has this been going on for? If it's just a short while then it could just be because of your period, I know I get very turned on all the time just before mine starts. If it's longer then I don't really know what to suggest...maybe just find someone to have sex with and hope that it calms you down a bit?

Edit: I just realised how awful my suggestion was. Sorry!
Reply 7
Dionysus

18, but it's been like this since I can remember - I've always been very sexual, in the sense that it is an apetite, something which I have to act upon, far more so than most of my friends (and I do discuss things quite openly with a fair few of them.)
Reply 8
Lemons
I get like this sometimes (and it was really bad for a while when I was 16ish), but now I have a bf and thus it's ok but I feel your pain.

How long has this been going on for? If it's just a short while then it could just be because of your period, I know I get very turned on all the time just before mine starts. If it's longer then I don't really know what to suggest...maybe just find someone to have sex with and hope that it calms you down a bit?

Edit: I just realised how awful my suggestion was. Sorry!

Yeh, it is worse according to when I'm on my period (and when I'm actually on my period it's awful... as horny as I've ever been), but this has been going on for a fair few months. I've had a few random encounters (not sure what else to call them) and fumblings with friends, but no proper partnered sexual activity in way too long for my liking.

I haven't taken offence to your suggestion - in my OP I mentioned contacting an old friend who would more than likely be up for it. But in reality I'd like it to just calm down, because without a partner who I can :santa2::santa2::santa2::santa2: regularly it's inconvient, tbh.

I've also done much more sport than usual, in the hope that this would calm it, but it seems to have gone the opposite way :rolleyes:
Dionysus

:ditto:
Reply 10
Original post by G&#949
:ditto:

really helpful, that is.:p:

I'm not particularly up for sex with randomers, and I don't want a relationship, so if it is anyone, it's gonna be an old friend... but that's not ideal, because it wouldn't be often enough and would just make me more horny in the long-term, because it would give me more things to think about!
Get a rabbit. Best £50 you'll ever spend.
Reply 12
junglemonkey
Get a rabbit. Best £50 you'll ever spend.

Is it that satisfying? Do you find yourself wanting to masturbate even more? I really want to decrease my sex drive/ satisfy myself with less time spent :santa2::santa2::santa2::santa2::santa2::santa2::santa2:.
Reply 13
4/5/ more times daily...
Reply 14
is the amount I said usual? According to my male friends, they masturbate much less, and my female friends don't really give that much away about how often they do it.
Reply 15
Hmmmm...you will still have trouble keeping up with me. Not a joke.
Read 'Girl with a one track mind' - you'll feel less alone!
Anonymous
4/5/ more times daily...

I think you're at the high end of the scale but I don't think it's abnormal unless you can't continue with daily life or it's coming off in your hand.

I think it's a little different for guys anyway. We can keep going after one, probably why it amounts to 4 or 5.
Reply 18
Maybe try taking up a new hobby. Could it be that your bored, and that's why you keep focussing on sex?
Reply 19
emmarainbow
Read 'Girl with a one track mind' - you'll feel less alone!

I used to read GWAOTM, but I wonder how likely it is that that many women masturbate so often - is she just a rare case or is it that frequent for lots of women?

Latest