The Student Room Group

BUNAC Work America

Scroll to see replies

Reply 180
I'll be living mainly in Mashpee, on the continent, but they said we might sleep on either island from time to time... What company are you working for ?

I'm so releived to know at least one person this summer :smile:
Reply 181
sekotine
I'll be living mainly in Mashpee, on the continent, but they said we might sleep on either island from time to time... What company are you working for ?

I'm so releived to know at least one person this summer :smile:

With centerplate also, yes apparently i'll spend most nights on MV and a few in woods hole.
Reply 182
sekotine
Hi, I registered with Bunac work America, and I found a job, it's waiting for me, I just need to get my visa and flight ! I'll be in Cape cod, anyone will be working there this summer ?

That'd be nice to know at least someone :o:

I'm on Cape Cod! I don't really like giving out details of where I work on a public forum, but I'm okay saying I'm on Cape Cod :p: message me and say hi if you want :smile:

Okay, so i'm trying to do the DS 160 and I'm already puzzled by the 2nd page. Is your National Insurance number the same as a National Identification number? :confused:
Reply 183
lolarose
I'm on Cape Cod! I don't really like giving out details of where I work on a public forum, but I'm okay saying I'm on Cape Cod :p: message me and say hi if you want :smile:

Okay, so i'm trying to do the DS 160 and I'm already puzzled by the 2nd page. Is your National Insurance number the same as a National Identification number? :confused:

no it isn't. also on the education page make sure you put your 6thform/college and high school as well as your uni
Reply 184
They didn't ask me about my high school and sixth form... I got worried and called up BUNAC, and they said it was fine, apparently it's a question which they only tend to ask males.

And thanks :biggrin:
Reply 185
My appointment at th embassy is on the 13th ! What about you guys ?
Reply 186
I just had mine on the 22nd. Piece of cake :smile: I was kinda expecting to be stuck in a room for half an hour with some 6 foot bodybuilder. But the whole thing was done with in way less than an hour, and no bodybuilders. Was also surprised at how many people there were!
I had plans to do this last summer - work wouldn't give me any overtime to earn £££ so I couldn't go. Planned on going this year, but doing Work America and I changed my mind purely because the job market isn't that great and I was trying to find something that is related to my degree, rather than waitressing which I have done for 5years already! I looked @ Camp America which my mum was pushing me to do, but working for kids for x amount of weeks really doesn't appeal to me. However I am still going to the US in Aug - Sept for a holiday and abit of sightseeing in NY.

I wish all those the best of luck and have a bloomin good time - a friend of mine from uni went last year and she had a fab time - her photos were absolutely amazing. :smile:
Reply 188
any more news and updates from people ?
Reply 189
I got my visa! It's so pretty!

Looking at booking flights in the next couple of days... do you guys think I'm best off booking a return flight, or just a one way? I'm planning to travel south for a couple of weeks after I finish work, so a return flight from Boston might not be so cool...

What about you, Foster?
Reply 190
My visa looks dull..i wonder if they look the same.

I am all booked flights hotel and place to stay for the summer. Just need to find a job but i am going to do that when i am out there
Reply 191
Well, I think it's pretty!

Yup, I'm done too... flights and a job, woop!
Reply 192
Anyone have their interview on thursday? I'm travelling to london tomo. What is everybody doing btw for proof of return to the UK? Will a personal letter just be enough?
Reply 193
Personal letter is fine. If you sent a letter from your uni to BUNAC, they'll have a photocopy of that there for you.

They didn't read either of mine.

Have fun in London!
Reply 194
Haha, I was in London as well on thursday ! At what time where you there ? I was here around 9-10h...
Reply 195
So, even if you're not taking a BUNAC flight, can you still book to stay in the BUNAC hostel? If not, does anybody know any decent hostels in NYC? :smile:
lolarose
So, even if you're not taking a BUNAC flight, can you still book to stay in the BUNAC hostel? If not, does anybody know any decent hostels in NYC? :smile:

hostelworld.com
Reply 197
sekotine
Haha, I was in London as well on thursday ! At what time where you there ? I was here around 9-10h...

Same! I arrived at 9:15 am and was done by 10:15. Maybe you saw me? I was wearing a gray hoody with a blue polo underneath.
Reply 198
Okay, so the BUNAC hostel is totally booked out the weekend I'm in NYC. I'd appreciate it if somebody could actually recommend me a place to stay? I'm totally capable of using Google, but I prefer word of mouth as some hostels can be a bit dodgy... :smile:
lolarose
Okay, so the BUNAC hostel is totally booked out the weekend I'm in NYC. I'd appreciate it if somebody could actually recommend me a place to stay? I'm totally capable of using Google, but I prefer word of mouth as some hostels can be a bit dodgy... :smile:

Central Park Hostel
Jazz on The Park or any other Jazz Hostels
-you should be able to book these on hostelworld.com

Quick Reply

Latest