The Student Room Group

Scroll to see replies

Reply 260
Sakura-Chan
*sigh* 12 UMS marks off a B. I had a **** teacher too and practically no help with my coursework at all.

EUGH! I made a thread in the A Level forum asking for advice and someone suggested trying to resit some AS modules, but I'm not sure if I can do that or not. I'm not sure where I'd be able to scrape 12 marks from in my A2 stuff. FML.

Hmm.. well what did you get at AS?
Sakura-Chan
*sigh* 12 UMS marks off a B. I had a **** teacher too and practically no help with my coursework at all.

EUGH! I made a thread in the A Level forum asking for advice and someone suggested trying to resit some AS modules, but I'm not sure if I can do that or not. I'm not sure where I'd be able to scrape 12 marks from in my A2 stuff. FML.

I'm not sure if you will be able to resit AS modules. They are changing the syllabus aren't they? You should be able to resit A2 modules. I might be wrong though.
debrajane
I'm not sure if you will be able to resit AS modules. They are changing the syllabus aren't they? You should be able to resit A2 modules. I might be wrong though.

Yeah you're right, I just looked on the OCR website and the last time you could resit old spec AS was June 2009 :frown:
Beckym14
Hmm.. well what did you get at AS?

A high A in Core Studies 1 and a U in Core Studies 2. So again, like a C overall? Which was meant to get remarked, which I never heard back about so it can't have changed much :frown: I wish so much that I'd chased it up now.
Reply 264
Sakura-Chan
A high A in Core Studies 1 and a U in Core Studies 2. So again, like a C overall? Which was meant to get remarked, which I never heard back about so it can't have changed much :frown: I wish so much that I'd chased it up now.

Well if I was you i'd try resitting Crime and Environment? I'm sure you'll be able to get 6 marks more on each :smile:
Ugh psychology has screwed me over! Got an A at AS, an A for psychology & education in Jan and an E for coursework and an E for psychology and crime. My overall grade was a C, I was 10 marks off a B and therefore 10 marks off meeting my offer. Grrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrr. My teacher is getting them remarked but I don't know if it'll change anything... :frown:
I got 68 in crime !!

ONE MORE POINT and I wouldhave got into Nottingham

Im going to get it remarked whether it will do any good though who knows.
veggie4life
I got 68 in crime !!

ONE MORE POINT and I wouldhave got into Nottingham

Im going to get it remarked whether it will do any good though who knows.

Ohh that seems so cruel! I hope you get the extra marks. It seems so bad that our futures can hang in the balance over a few silly UMS.
Okay okay! Some please tell me if I'm wrong, but each exam e.g. health, crime, environment was out of 50 marks right?

So if I'm 12 UMS off a B, I only need to pick up 6 actual marks in the resit because it'll be doubled to work out the UMS mark?

If you reply please quote and I'll love you forever :love:
Sakura-Chan
Okay okay! Some please tell me if I'm wrong, but each exam e.g. health, crime, environment was out of 50 marks right?

So if I'm 12 UMS off a B, I only need to pick up 6 actual marks in the resit because it'll be doubled to work out the UMS mark?

If you reply please quote and I'll love you forever :love:

The raw mark to UMS conversion is scaled according to how well people have generally done, so its difficult to say how many raw marks you need. E.g 100ums, doesn't have to mean full raw marks. If that makes sense
debrajane
The raw mark to UMS conversion is scaled according to how well people have generally done, so its difficult to say how many raw marks you need. E.g 100ums, doesn't have to mean full raw marks. If that makes sense

But say if you got X/100 in UMS and the raw mark was X/50 so is it fair to assume I won't need anywhere in the region of as much as 12 actual marks to make the UMS mark rise as much as 12 marks?
Sakura-Chan
But say if you got X/100 in UMS and the raw mark was X/50 so is it fair to assume I won't need anywhere in the region of as much as 12 actual marks to make the UMS mark rise as much as 12 marks?

Yeah that would be fair to say! 12ums in raw marks is probably a quite small amount really. Are you taking a year out and resitting? It shouldn't be too difficult to boost yourself up 12 ums.
debrajane
Yeah that would be fair to say! 12ums in raw marks is probably a quite small amount really. Are you taking a year out and resitting? It shouldn't be too difficult to boost yourself up 12 ums.

Nah I don't need to take a year out. I'm still at college anyway doing my other A2s this year, so it's not like I've lost a uni place or anything. I'm getting my scripts back from the report and one module, then resitting. I think.
any1 know any good websites with good notes for psychology crime and health. my teachers are crap. every one failed their AS in june so most of us are retaking in january. i really need an A for psychology urgently i was shocked to get a C. i regret taking psychology for a-levels soooo much!
wanna pass
any1 know any good websites with good notes for psychology crime and health. my teachers are crap. every one failed their AS in june so most of us are retaking in january. i really need an A for psychology i was shocked to get a C.

http://www.holah.net/
thanks for the website but ive been on it before and its no use. its too brief. do you know any books or websites with evaluation notes
Anyone resiting the OLD Psychology and Crime paper in January 2010, I did a chart of predictions and I think it will probably be (if it follows the pattern, anyway... >.< )

Section A
Punishment and Treatment
Police and Crime

Section B
Criminal Thinking
Crime-Victim Interactions

If anyone wants to see the list of past topics, I'm more than happy to email a copy.

Hope it helps!

Latest

Trending

Trending