The Student Room Group
Reply 1
i pay £104 per week for single non on suite. if you share a room it can be down to ~£80-90
some of the most modern halls which are right next to campus, an on suite single will be up to £180
I stayed in halls for the first year. I had self-catered en-suite at KCL and it cost me £115 a week (this was 2 years ago, probably has gone up).

Last two years i have been renting and it costs me £125 per week BUT i'm renting a one bed with my boyfriend, so it's going to cost more than renting a 4 bed for example. I've had friends paying anything from £90 (not so nice) to £130 per week. Have a look at sites like propertyfinder.com and search for 3-4 bed in an area you might want to live, just to get an idea of prices.
Reply 3
Check Accommondation on UCL site

but its about 100 per week for 30 weeks I think
On LSE site, they suggest its about £1000 per months (include all leisure and stuff), and 1 years theres 9 months.
Personally, for me:

Goldsmiths UOL; First year Halls are £85 per week for a 39 week contract. - meaning accommodation fees are £3315 for this year, plus a £150 deposit.

The Maintenance grant is London-weighted, meaning you get £6,475 to compensate for the higher living costs in London, rather than £4,625 that everyone everyone else gets)

Thus; Loan - Rent = £3000 left over for food and other expenses for 39 weeks.
Reply 5
i'm living at home but it roughly costs me £50 a week to cover basic things such as food and travel only.

student loan will cover all the expenses if you dont go out and spend lots of money

look at how much the accom costs are and how much you can recieve from student loan company then you should be able to work out if you can live on that or not
make sure you dont under estimate your costs if anything over estimate the costs.
Mine is about £120 a week, I think- including rent, bills and two meals per day (living in halls, single)

Remember, the student loan is slightly higher if you live in London, but not enough to cover it all, no.

Latest

Trending

Trending