The Student Room Group

Scroll to see replies

zef99
John Milton was completely blind when he wrote, arguably the greatest poem in the english language, Paradise Lost.

To be honest, I find it more impressive that Beethoven was completely deaf when he wrote some of the greatest music in history...
Reply 281
Bobifier
To be honest, I find it more impressive that Beethoven was completely deaf when he wrote some of the greatest music in history...

Is this really in the spirit of the thread? *insert smug look*
ferret123

I'll begin:
All continent names end with the same letter in which they start

what about Oceania?
Reply 283
Bobifier

I dunno, dictating something of that length is damned (literally in this poems case) impressive.
Reply 284
you should balance out :santa2::santa2::santa2::santa2::santa2::santa2::santa2: with both hands or you'll get a bent cock.
Reply 285
You can actually see Russia from Alaska.

Well, it depends on where in Alaska you are, I guess...
Reply 286
You can see the Greek mountains from the Sky Cafe in Pamporovo, Bulgaria. Well when it's not that foggy. :p:
sorry I didn't respond earlier! :s-smilie:
Danielle'
Wow, do you have a source? Random but can I ask where in Germany you are? :biggrin:

=> quote from source: "AMERICAN AIRLINES saved $40,000 in 1987 by eliminating one olive from each salad served in first class."
As you can see, I even mistyped (40K instead of 30K)... here's the link.
I'm from Rhineland-Palatinate, but I'd prefer not to get any more specific :wink:

for good measure, a little more knowledge:

A fetus develops fingerprints at eighteen weeks.

Latest

Trending

Trending