The Student Room Group

Itchy skin gone lumpy

anon or delete please
Okay, this is kinda of disgusting.. about an hour ago my patch of skin behind my knee (bend) started itching, it is common because i have eczema at that spot, but i just noticed when i put cream on its all lumpy and theres a weird lump on surface etc, and its still itchy, whats going on, its never been like that and it was fine an hour ago? :confused: :confused: am i having an allergic reaction? its not the cream i know, but i was sorting out make up stuff then didnt wash hands .. maybe its that? :s-smilie:

has anyone else got eczema that has had this in past?
I am probably just scaring myself..
Reply 1
I have dermatitus on my hands, so know what you mean.

Don't necessarily get "lumps" though... more minature 'boil' type things on my hands.
Have you tried Hydroquaterzone or eumavate? (both steriod creams you can get over the counter at the chemist)

Sorry for the grossness by the way!

If it continues for the next few days / week, go to the doctor. They may be able to help you a bit more, and prescribe a bit stronger cream.
I dont think its anything as sinister as you are expecting it to be, if it is still there in say a few says to a week see your GP but i expect it will go down before long.
Hives?
Reply 4
Somebody
I have dermatitus on my hands, so know what you mean.

Don't necessarily get "lumps" though... more minature 'boil' type things on my hands.
Have you tried Hydroquaterzone or eumavate? (both steriod creams you can get over the counter at the chemist)

Sorry for the grossness by the way!

If it continues for the next few days / week, go to the doctor. They may be able to help you a bit more, and prescribe a bit stronger cream.

Oh ok thanks, lo lthats okay, i just got abit worried as i never seen that with my skin before.
Ive never heard of those, i was prescribed Hydrocortisone cream few months ago so im using that atm ..:s-smilie:
Reply 5
Mr Anononomous
Hives?

Hives arent hard though are they :confused:
Reply 6
Anonymous
Oh ok thanks, lo lthats okay, i just got abit worried as i never seen that with my skin before.
Ive never heard of those, i was prescribed Hydrocortisone cream few months ago so im using that atm ..:s-smilie:

That'll be what I meant. I just can't spell it :wink:

Eumovate is a slightly stronger variety of it.
But give it a couple of days to clear up with what you're using at the moment!
Urticaria? Are you already using eumovate for your eczema? If so, continue as normal. If not, look into it.
I get exactly that with my eczema

I find all I can do about it is cool baths and tons of cream

Booooooooo eczema!
Hi Lumpy Person,

I have had Contact Dermatitis and Psoriasis for the majority of my 63 years.

FADS come & FADS go. I have used so many concoctions of creams, oink/ments.....rubs, Witches Brews.......Etc, Etc, Etc.......
I came to my wits end with it all. Then.......Eureka. I moved location, had to get a new Doc.....Who also had a problem with Pustular Psoriasis..... Eczema......and Contact Dermatitis.
1. Keep the area clean with a squirt and rub hand wash, such as those used in hospitals, so frequently these days.
2. Use Steroid CREAMS as prescribed by a Skin Doc. [Not what Aunty Betty used during the War!!!!!]
3. Get an allergy test done via a referral from your GP. (It is your RIGHT to be referred for this test, not just on the
whims of your Doc and the "There There Dear, It will get much better as you grow older. [*******s] !!!!!!!!!!"
4. Do research yourself, but don't fall into the """My God I've got this, that, and the Other trap.""""".
5. I (with my Doc's expert opinions) went to the source of the problems.
6. What happened first. Psoriasis---Coal Tar Soap quickly sorted out the Scalp problem, flaky Dandruff, or so I thought !!!
Next. Contact Dermatitis. Hydrocortizone Cream together with Eumovate and Dermovate. I have found that Eumovate
cream (Not ointment) is the best thing since Sliced bread was invented. Next. General skin health at the affected
usual areas that play up. E45 cream, after washing with a neutral soap, and that's it.
In My own Humble Opinion, the lumps could be Pustular Psoriasis . Answer. Go see the Doc as soon as you as you can. It is very easy to treat, but don't be tempted to Poke, Pick, or Squeeze anything. Popping a Zit like this is highly likely to become infected, badly. If is starting to affect your mobility, then it is a "Go Straight To Casualty, Do not pass Go, and do not Ignore it.

Hope This Helps. Remember, Its Your Body. Look After It and It Will Look After YOU. Regards, John.
Reply 10
Mostly sensitive skin have such problems and by which skin allergy use to occur so we have to take special care for sensitive skin.

Quick Reply

Latest