The Student Room Group

How do you know if you are good looking?

Keep anon as family member reads this.

Hi how can you tell if you are good looking? In terms of looks etc. Because I believe that I am not and I'm a guy whos 20. So good looking guys out there - how do u know u are? Do u walk on the street and have girls swooning over you? Do random girls come up to you and tell u ur hot / take ur number etc? Do you get lots of compliments?

Just wondering how does it feel to know u are good looking to some people?

I don't rely on my mirror because I think I'm not good looking but some people have told me otherwise. So how can u know for sure? I'm talking about looks purely.

Scroll to see replies

You normally know by peoples reactions to you. If people try and interact with you lots on nights out, if girls tend to pay you compliments and the like.

Some people will give you an honest answer too, if you want one.
Reply 2
There is no universal standard. Like everything else, it's subjective. I've had girls I'd consider to be drop dead gorgeous tell me I'm hot, and girls who I'd consider very average tell me I'm not.
Reply 3
I do rely on my mirror. It tells me I'm ugly and I see no reason to argue :p: But people have obviously told you you're good looking, so maybe they see something you dont. Coud be you have a lovely smile, but dont usually smile at yourself in a mirror or something?

I would say you know you look hot when a mirror/person/both tells you so...or when random girls start chasing you down the street begging for your number...
When people start giving you glances in the street and call you gorgeous.

Oh, wait... :lolwut:
Reply 5
Guys pay me a lot of attention. It's generally just a lot of staring and chat up lines. It gets annoying after a while.
Reply 6
Generally girls compliment you on some features you have or just straight up tell you you are good looking. And you usually know when a good looking girl makes proper eye contact with and have been eyed up by other good looking girls!
Reply 7
ask your best friends,
a female best friends told me she would marry me if i had a plastic surgery
and the other girls agreed
Reply 8
You're not.
Reply 9
You just can't stop staring at yourself in the mirror :awesome:
Anonymous
Keep anon as family member reads this.

Hi how can you tell if you are good looking? In terms of looks etc. Because I believe that I am not and I'm a guy whos 20. So good looking guys out there - how do u know u are? Do u walk on the street and have girls swooning over you? Do random girls come up to you and tell u ur hot / take ur number etc? Do you get lots of compliments?

Just wondering how does it feel to know u are good looking to some people?

I don't rely on my mirror because I think I'm not good looking but some people have told me otherwise. So how can u know for sure? I'm talking about looks purely.

I've had pretty much all of what you've mentioned happened to me...
Reply 11
Anonymous
I've had pretty much all of what you've mentioned happened to me...

are you two the same guy. .?
just wondering
it's simple:

1. post a thread titled 'am i hot' complete with gurning pic.
2. wait for the professional opinions.
By how much sex you get.
Reply 14
BrightGirl
it's simple:

bright girl is bright
and right

but then you'll probably have 'get a life' or something like that as a reply
auronuk
You're not.

Always keep your words soft and sweet, just in case you have to eat them.
Its hard to tell. I tend to get quite a lot of male attention on nights out, which would suggest that I am. Also my fiance tells me I am gorgeous. But then, I can see my self in the mirror and think I'm not, and I've had complete strangers tell me I'm ugly online (or words to that effect). So, who knows!
Reply 17
FormerlyFrisbeeFan
Its hard to tell. I tend to get quite a lot of male attention on nights out, which would suggest that I am. Also my fiance tells me I am gorgeous. But then, I can see my self in the mirror and think I'm not, and I've had complete strangers tell me I'm ugly online (or words to that effect). So, who knows!

I wouldn't look too much into that. Guys will flirt with anything that is not disgusting to look at on a night out.

Nothing personal, I don't know what you look like...just saying.
Reply 18
BrightGirl
it's simple:

Can't be bothered starting a new thread, so:

:biggrin:.
mollymustard
You normally know by peoples reactions to you. If people try and interact with you lots on nights out, if girls tend to pay you compliments and the like.

Some people will give you an honest answer too, if you want one.

i guess that's true but i find that sometimes people don't approach others if you look a bit timid, for example if you're standing around not speaking and looking like you're not having a good time. so act confident!

gauging your appearance on how often you get approached also isn't accurate in the sense that males will approach females who are dressed provocatively, to put it nicely, since they appear more..attainable.

Latest

Trending

Trending