The Student Room Group

Scroll to see replies

Reply 60
Sarky
I was trying to be .......................can't think of the word :rolleyes:

clever?
waxing isnt that bad imo, but really funny when you see guys having it done!!

i also dont have arms like gorillas, :flute: lol, but was curious about waxing arms... but the old myths of hair growing back thicker and more frequently still haunt me too much, despite *knowing* they're only myths!!
Reply 62
burningwings

i also dont have arms like gorillas, :flute: lol, but was curious about waxing arms... but the old myths of hair growing back thicker and more frequently still haunt me too much, despite *knowing* they're only myths!!

i hate myths, such lies
It will grow back darker and spikey!
Reply 64
PublicSchoolAnn
It will grow back darker and spikey!

mmmm, ok (im presumimg you look like a manbeast to know such trivia...)
well its bound to grow back kinda spikey isnt it? sorta like stubble. . .
Chardonnay
It's gonna grow back quicker, and thicker (ooo rhyme), and you're going to have to do it for the rest of your life now :frown: Silly girl! :eek: :p:

did she actually use immac or did she use wax strips?
burningwings

but the old myths of hair growing back thicker and more frequently still haunt me too much, despite *knowing* they're only myths!!

i wax my legs and have been doing so since i was 12 (never shaved) and i hardly have any hair there now. It's a a fact, that if you pull hair from the root i.e. waxing it will eventually come back thinner and less of it.
Cellardore
i wax my legs and have been doing so since i was 12 (never shaved) and i hardly have any hair there now. It's a a fact, that if you pull hair from the root i.e. waxing it will eventually come back thinner and less of it.

i know that!! But still the nonsensical myths my mum told me about "taking hair out will only make it come back thicker.." makes me worried! lol
burningwings
i know that!! But still the nonsensical myths my mum told me about "taking hair out will only make it come back thicker.." makes me worried! lol

lol just checking.
well the best thing to do is not to shave.
Reply 70
I did this once too. It didn't grow back stronger/thicker/stubbly - this is if you use a razor or something. It is actually probably thinner than before.
:smile: I remember thinking it felt very odd. My sleeves felt like sandpaper :s:
Too much hassle to do it regularly though.
sleepyeba
I did this once too. It didn't grow back stronger/thicker/stubbly - this is if you use a razor or something. It is actually probably thinner than before.
:smile: I remember thinking it felt very odd. My sleeves felt like sandpaper :s:
Too much hassle to do it regularly though.

Did it look good and did people say anything?
Reply 72
Uhm, I think a few people noticed. They were a bit incredulous, like "what, you shave your arms?!", others were just a bit curious. But I think it doesn't make a big difference if you are only a little furry :smile: But i would try it, just once!

Bushy arms... its not attractive, not even on men. (ok maybe just a little)

Edit:
extreme, this has to be the funniest opening line you could have said on this thread!! :laugh:
"i know this will probably sound daft but, my arms are really cold now"
Reply 73
sleepyeba
Uhm, I think a few people noticed. They were a bit incredulous, like "what, you shave your arms?!", others were just a bit curious. But I think it doesn't make a big difference if you are only a little furry :smile: But i would try it, just once!

Bushy arms... its not attractive, not even on men. (ok maybe just a little)

Edit:
extreme, this has to be the funniest opening line you could have said on this thread!! :laugh:
"i know this will probably sound daft but, my arms are really cold now"
well you know how it is, aim to please:biggrin:

(but it was true :frown: )
Reply 74
a lot of indian girls wax their arms cos it is so dark and apparently bleaching makes the hair yellow and gross. i wax my bikini line but have tried legs (too inconvenient when you're going out and want to wear a skirt) eyebrows (not as accurate as i'd hoped- the therapist made them too thin) and underarms (this is singularly the most painful experience you will EVER endure- the roots go on for about another centimetre under the skin, i felt like they were trying to rip out my brachial plexus!!!!) if you get stubble when the hair grows back, get them waxed then they'll grow back much the same as they were.
Reply 75
I have to confess when I was about 11 i also *bows head down* immaced my arm hair off!! I dont really know why, I was at that stage where u start getting self-conscious about your body. i didnt like my arm hair so i kinda just got rid of it!!
My arm hairs are definitely bushier now but they're not spiky (they were when they first grew back tho). I'd advise people to use hair lightening cream instead :wink:

Latest

Trending

Trending