The Student Room Group

Scroll to see replies

kiwi-93
bad news? :frown:...turn that frown upside down... :smile:

Haha thanks :smile:

I'm sure you guys will cheer me up!
Reply 81
Yep, try not too lose motivation...you have 3 offers from other excellent unis - try to stay focussed on the grades you need to get to go where you want to. Where do you want to go btw? Chin up!:smile:
I'm not really sure where I want to go now, possibly Durham. At the risk of sounding ridiculously arrogant, meeting the offer for that just seems like going through the motions now. I don't see any point in doing chemistry applied maths and music now. I know most people feel this to an extent in 6th year but I've always liked to challenge myself, and now the biggest challenge I had has been failed everything else seems pointless.

It doesn't help my best friend who got in is completely tactless about the whole thing XD

But anyway, sorry for the whinge - i'm sure i'll be back to my nerdy old self in a few days :biggrin: Good luck with the medicine applications
Reply 83
Thanks, I'm still waiting, probably will be for quite a while yet...
Which is annoying cos most of my friends have several offers now(for other courses) or rejections from english unis and are dropping subjects/planning to not make much effort etc:p:

Sorry about your 'friend', just try to block it all out, they sound like they're being really immature. We had a few awkward situations regarding Oxbridge today (some people got in, others didn't etc), so i can sort of understand how you're feeling:o:
akj08
Which is annoying cos most of my friends have several offers now(for other courses) or rejections from english unis and are dropping subjects/planning to not make much effort etc:p:

Sorry about your 'friend', just try to block it all out, they sound like they're being really immature. We had a few awkward situations regarding Oxbridge today (some people got in, others didn't etc), so i can sort of understand how you're feeling:o:

You're grades are perfect and as long as you aren't a psychopath or anything i'm sure you'll get some lovely unconditionals. I know how it feels kind of because my girlfriend is applying for medicine and even though she also has perfect grades etc she was very nervous about it all until her unconditional from Aberdeen came through. I think Edinburgh are starting to hand out offers aswell.
Reply 85
akj08

Just gonna say good luck on Friday. And don't worry about the other ones, they will come soon enough.

Meteorshower
I'm not really sure where I want to go now, possibly Durham. At the risk of sounding ridiculously arrogant, meeting the offer for that just seems like going through the motions now. I don't see any point in doing chemistry applied maths and music now. I know most people feel this to an extent in 6th year but I've always liked to challenge myself, and now the biggest challenge I had has been failed everything else seems pointless.

It doesn't help my best friend who got in is completely tactless about the whole thing XD

But anyway, sorry for the whinge - i'm sure i'll be back to my nerdy old self in a few days :biggrin: Good luck with the medicine applications

As akj08 said, don't loose the motivation! Sorry to hear about the outcome but you've got offers from three outstanding universities and I'm sure you will get a fourth from St Andrews!
Reply 86
Thanks! meteorshower, i hope you feel more optimistic soon:o:
sjames06: good luck on friday to you too:wink:
RobbieNewton
Mine start February 4th, ending the 13th, anyone know a good place wher eI can buy cards to make flashcards?

WHSmith sell them or there is a shop on nicholson street that does student discount if you can nab yourself someones student ID
Reply 88
crazylemonsqueezy
WHSmith sell them or there is a shop on nicholson street that does student discount if you can nab yourself someones student ID

the shop on nicholson street is good, i reccomend it. i think it's called browns or something, they do pretty much everything. or you could just cut up bits of card (thats what i tend to do because i'm a cheapskate).
What kind of thing do people do with flash cards? I never used them, but I've got an idea...
kiwi-93
the shop on nicholson street is good, i reccomend it. i think it's called browns or something, they do pretty much everything. or you could just cut up bits of card (thats what i tend to do because i'm a cheapskate).

yeh it is browns, it is the one with the internet cafe but no cafe!
Why not just use card and write on it?
Reply 92
Finally have all my prelim dates now! :smile:

French speaking is start of Feb, then Extended reading and listening is near the end of Feb. Prelim is in March with NAB resits. At least I've passed reading and listening nabs! :smile:

English is in end of Feb. and Business is in March.
I found out dates too.

5 exams in 5 days - wahey!
Meteorshower
I found out dates too.

5 exams in 5 days - wahey!

are you doing 5 subjects in 6th year?? :eek:
crazylemonsqueezy
are you doing 5 subjects in 6th year?? :eek:

Yep! It means i could fail three and still meet two of my conditionals...
Higher English on Monday. Starting to panic a bit.
Reply 97
Mine aren't too bad, wednesday friday and then monday tuesday:o:
Reply 98
Was looking at timetable today.. I'm in two exams at the same time apparently :p:

Apart from that have a week between them which is nice.
Haha yeah I have music and chemistry at the same time XD

Latest

Trending

Trending