The Student Room Group
Learning at Imperial College London
Imperial College London
London
Reply 1
It would be best to email the department....they will have given out offers already after all. It may mean you miss out.
It might be that if you do Biomedical science, you can switch when you get there and start?
Learning at Imperial College London
Imperial College London
London
Reply 2
You will need to phone the tutors at the subject that have accepted, and those that teach other.

If UCAS been sent, within 14 days you can remove / add / change the offeres you have (if you have used all five).
Reply 3
Thank you very much, i'll talk to my referee on monday, and then take futher action.

Thanks again!
Would it be possible to change courses after getting an offer? I've been considering switching from the four year Mathematics course to the four year Physics with Theoretical Physics course (I applied for Maths&Physics everywhere else but that course doesn't exist at Imperial).

Should I ring up and make an appointment with the undergrad Maths admissions tutor or should I just ring up and talk to him on the phone or do you reckon it should all be done by email.

I know some people have changed course after actually getting to Imperial in autumn, but I'd rather change now since the entry requirements for Physics with Theoretical Physics (AAA) are lower than those for Maths (AAA + As in all Maths&FM modules).

Has anyone on here changed courses like this, after getting an offer but before actually going to Imperial?

Thanks!
Some dude here got an offer for medicine (well after the Jan 15th deadline and definitely way after a fortnight of submitting his application) but changed to do EEE before coming...if that's possible, most other changes probably are, just email the departments.
Reply 6
I emailed the biology department and the main enquiries, and they both got back to me with "the person who decides is on holiday until friday".

I dont know if thats true or just "flof" as my Chem teacher likes to refer to it as, but it does indicate possibility to change.

Good luck!!
jp003d9141
I emailed the biology department and the main enquiries, and they both got back to me with "the person who decides is on holiday until friday".

I dont know if thats true or just "flof" as my Chem teacher likes to refer to it as, but it does indicate possibility to change.

Good luck!!

I emailed an admissions person in the Maths department (enquiring whether it was possible to change from Maths with Physics with Theoretical Physics) and I got an automatic reply (out of office till 19th Jan or something)...I think they just emailed you to let you know that no one was going to email you until next week :yep:
Reply 8
LadyJaneGrey
I emailed an admissions person in the Maths department (enquiring whether it was possible to change from Maths with Physics with Theoretical Physics) and I got an automatic reply (out of office till 19th Jan or something)...I think they just emailed you to let you know that no one was going to email you until next week :yep:

Have they replied you with some progress of your application?
Sigh I'm in a similar situation as well, received offers, but now I'd like to change from civil to EEE. Do you think there's a chance?
glun
Have they replied you with some progress of your application?
Sigh I'm in a similar situation as well, received offers, but now I'd like to change from civil to EEE. Do you think there's a chance?

This was last year...but yes, they did reply to me with progress of my application. I'm at Imperial at the moment doing Physics! I honestly have no idea what chance you have, I gather the admissions process is much stricter this year due to budgeting restraints etc. but to be completely honest I have no clue how things work in engineering! Definitely give it a go though, it's not in Imperial's interest to have someone at the college who'd rather be doing a different course.
Reply 10
LadyJaneGrey
This was last year...but yes, they did reply to me with progress of my application. I'm at Imperial at the moment doing Physics! I honestly have no idea what chance you have, I gather the admissions process is much stricter this year due to budgeting restraints etc. but to be completely honest I have no clue how things work in engineering! Definitely give it a go though, it's not in Imperial's interest to have someone at the college who'd rather be doing a different course.

Thanks. Physics is cool. How's life in Imperial so far? :smile:
Emailed them last two weeks and got a reply last Friday.
They're prepared to offer me. Yay. :yep:
Did they ask you to contact your former department to 'release' you?
glun
Thanks. Physics is cool. How's life in Imperial so far? :smile:
Emailed them last two weeks and got a reply last Friday.
They're prepared to offer me. Yay. :yep:
Did they ask you to contact your former department to 'release' you?

Yeah it's great, glad everything worked out for you! With me basically the Physics department didn't contact me as such...my Imperial offer on UCAS changed from Maths to Physics without any other correspondance from Imperial after my interview. I've no idea what you'll have to do (if anything).
Reply 12
ive received an offer from imperial for MChem chemistry
is there any way, that i can change my course to physics?
Reply 13
nicholas54
ive received an offer from imperial for MChem chemistry
is there any way, that i can change my course to physics?

From what I've read around TSR, Physics very competitive this year. Chances are extremely slim. If you call them up, I'd imagine they would tell you that there may be a spot or two open later on in the year. And for me, Chemistry and Physics are poles apart in the context of a school like Imperial.
Reply 14
Do you think i should email the college before sep or switch it after we get in?
I might go for chemistry now instead of pharmacology
any extra interview ?
how competative is EEE compared to computing? is there any chance of making this transfer or is computing really competative?

Latest