The Student Room Group

Working at Primark?

Does anyone else here work at Primark?

I have a part time job there and I've been there two or three months now and I must admit, I absolutely love it! Sure it is constantly busy and the customers can be rude but the people are great and I enjoy working there!

I worked at River Island before I got this job and the difference is unreal. All in all, I worked four hours at River Island because I hated it that much!

x

Scroll to see replies

Reply 1
well i applied to work there on the 5th, and the phoned me back on the 12th. I had an interview tthe other day and I got the job! Im so happy!!..They put me on the customer service department.

My inductions in a weekz time, could you tell me a bit more about it?

what primark do you work at btw? what department? whats the pay? xx
ellejae
well i applied to work there on the 5th, and the phoned me back on the 12th. I had an interview tthe other day and I got the job! Im so happy!!..They put me on the customer service department.

Hi,
I would like a Saturday job in any retail job, in Central London, any help please?
Cheers:smile:
Reply 3
ellejae

I work on tills but I am looking to get transferred to mens to be honest. Whatever you do, never allow them to transfer you to womenswear as in any store, it's the worst lol! I love being on tills as I'm constantly busy and I find it quite fun with everyone there! For my store it's £4.26 but there are always opportunities of overtime and the people are amazing! As for customer service, I'm suprised they started you off on there but I guess some stores have different policies. Normally, the first thing that happens to everyone is to be till trained and then you either stay there or get moved on to a department. The tills are easy though so you have nothing to worry about there! Which one are you going to be working in? x
Reply 4
OMG

I am so desperate to get a job in primark. How did you guys get yours?

I dont have much experience but I am sure Primark take loads of people without experience.

So whats the problem any advice you guys on what to do?. I live in Birmingham by the way.
Reply 5
DarkWarrior
Hi,
I would like a Saturday job in any retail job, in Central London, any help please?
Cheers:smile:

Sign up to any of the job agencies you know of, like Reed for example. Then look on all the website of shops in the areas you want to work and see if their jobs section has any vacancies... The only problem is, they have fired a lot of Christmas Temps at this time of year and with the economy being bad, jobs are going to be hard to come by! x
Reply 6
confusedOT
OMG

I am so desperate to get a job in primark. How did you guys get yours?

I dont have much experience but I am sure Primark take loads of people without experience.

So whats the problem any advice you guys on what to do?. I live in Birmingham by the way.

I didn't have any experience as it was my first job and they took me within 24 hours of my interview! What I did was I got chatting to one of the girls at customer services eventhough I didn't know her! They told me there was a job going and I handed a CV in since at this time I was always carrying them with me in the hope of finding a job! As I was walking out of the shop the manager approached me and pulled me to one side saying he would love to see me again for a deffinate interview, he was amazed by my grades and he liked my personality and confidence apparenty. Just hand your CV in but make sure it is at customer services!!
Reply 7
Biggsx
I didn't have any experience as it was my first job and they took me within 24 hours of my interview! What I did was I got chatting to one of the girls at customer services eventhough I didn't know her! They told me there was a job going and I handed a CV in since at this time I was always carrying them with me in the hope of finding a job! As I was walking out of the shop the manager approached me and pulled me to one side saying he would love to see me again for a deffinate interview, he was amazed by my grades and he liked my personality and confidence apparenty. Just hand your CV in but make sure it is at customer services!!

Sure you did, didnt you work at River I?
Thanks for the advice anyways I should give it another go.
Much appreciated
Reply 8
confusedOT
Sure you did, didnt you work at River I?
Thanks for the advice anyways I should give it another go.
Much appreciated

Yeah but I began working at Primark, quit Primark for River Island and came back to Primark the next week! You could always ask to see a supervisor instead of handing the CV in to normal staff as it ensures it gets there!
Do you need references for primark? I'm looking for my first job :smile: also do they take people for just weekends? x
Reply 10
ClockworkMargaret
Do you need references for primark? I'm looking for my first job :smile: also do they take people for just weekends? x

I'm weekend only staff and sometimes I do some overtime on Thursday which is our 9pm late night shopping. You'll find a lot of the stores will keep weekday and weekend staff separate as it works better for them. As for references, I filled in a form just before my interview but they never called on the references or anything...
Thankyou! I'm going to ask tomorrow if they have any jobs, fingers crossed!
Do you just ask where they do the refunds etc? x
Reply 12
ClockworkMargaret
Thankyou! I'm going to ask tomorrow if they have any jobs, fingers crossed!
Do you just ask where they do the refunds etc? x

Yeah go to customers services (the refund/exchange place) and ask. If they're not exactly helpful to you or anything then give one to a supervisor... Good luck! Let me know how you get on! :p: xx
Reply 13
i feel sorry for people who work in primark :smile:...as by the sounds of it theyve been hit by the credit crunch, so maybe going the same way as woolies!
i worked for primark september 2008 to jan 3rd this year...then then told everyone of the 6-10/11ers weekday and the 9-4 weekend staff that they were laying them off as they financilaly unable to pay us anymore
Reply 14
lolly pop
i feel sorry for people who work in primark :smile:...as by the sounds of it theyve been hit by the credit crunch, so maybe going the same way as woolies!
i worked for primark september 2008 to jan 3rd this year...then then told everyone of the 6-10/11ers weekday and the 9-4 weekend staff that they were laying them off as they financilaly unable to pay us anymore

If anything, I'd say the other stores and being hit and Primark are taking their sales! Since Christmas, we have become busier and busier and our store must be doing well since we are expanding in the summer to have another floor... x
Reply 15
i worked at the lakeside one! they were financialy unable to keep us...i think its saying something
I went to the Birmingham one today, and Gave my Cv to one of the managers near the Customer service area. He took it of me so there must be vacancies. Hopefully I hear from them soon.
Reply 17
confusedOT
I went to the Birmingham one today, and Gave my Cv to one of the managers near the Customer service area. He took it of me so there must be vacancies. Hopefully I hear from them soon.

Oh that sounds good then, good luck with that! After giving my CV in I think I waiting a week for the interview and then the day after the interview I was offered the job so it shouldn't be too long a wait! xx
Reply 18
Biggsx
I work on tills but I am looking to get transferred to mens to be honest. Whatever you do, never allow them to transfer you to womenswear as in any store, it's the worst lol! I love being on tills as I'm constantly busy and I find it quite fun with everyone there! For my store it's £4.26 but there are always opportunities of overtime and the people are amazing! As for customer service, I'm suprised they started you off on there but I guess some stores have different policies. Normally, the first thing that happens to everyone is to be till trained and then you either stay there or get moved on to a department. The tills are easy though so you have nothing to worry about there! Which one are you going to be working in? x

yh i was surprised they told me id be working in customer service aswell! i cant wait though
ill be working at the branch in oxford street. which one do you work at? x
Reply 19
ellejae
yh i was surprised they told me id be working in customer service aswell! i cant wait though
ill be working at the branch in oxford street. which one do you work at? x

Oxford Street mayhem eh! You'll probably be getting paid a bit more than me because mine is on the outskirts of London rather than Central. xx

Latest