The Student Room Group
Reply 1
Stick to the poems you do in class, kids.
Reply 2
>_> I was just offering it for those who, like my class (not me since I was in a higher class last year), have yet to do any poems (excluding the Textual ANalysis)
Reply 3
RobbieNewton
>_> I was just offering it for those who, like my class (not me since I was in a higher class last year), have yet to do any poems (excluding the Textual ANalysis)

It provides no analysis though, what's the point? I'm sure you'll do at least two poems before the prelims.
Reply 4
True, that said though, this is no different to when some teachers tell their pupils to work with what they ahve from school, and then learn some other poems independently to have under their belt just in case. That said, it does provide no analysis, but lets let people decide if they want to use it or not
Reply 5
I don't think that happens often though. I wouldn't be able to pin point every personification etc in a poem without some help or probably even get a general idea of the poem without my teachers help. Maybe it's just me.
I'm sure when we did our prelim we had only done poems and a play, so were yet to do a book/short stories etc.

Don't start studying random poems when you dont need to. Everyone else will be in the same situation so you don't need to worry.

You could use that site for poems for your Personal Study if you've yet to do that?
Reply 7
Yeah, you won't be expected to find your own poems to write essays on, or anything you haven't covered in class. This was my teacher's golden rule at int. 2 and higher. One guy did a question from the mass media section (never covered)in the prelim and got 2/25. We still tease him about it now:p: Stick to what you know.
Yeah, whatever you do don't try and self study a poem XD

Even if you are yet to do poems you will be far better off doing a play and a short story you've done in class and ignoring the poems altogether than attempting one yourself.
Reply 9
Meteorshower
Yeah, whatever you do don't try and self study a poem XD

Even if you are yet to do poems you will be far better off doing a play and a short story you've done in class and ignoring the poems altogether than attempting one yourself.

Have you been to your cambridge interview yet?
pamelaa
Have you been to your cambridge interview yet?

Yep, It went terribly and I might find out today if i get in or not :s-smilie:

All the other Scottish Applicants I know of got in though which is really good :biggrin:
Reply 11
Meteorshower
Yep, It went terribly and I might find out today if i get in or not :s-smilie:

All the other Scottish Applicants I know of got in though which is really good :biggrin:

Aw do you have to wait for the letter or will track update when the letter is due?
pamelaa
Aw do you have to wait for the letter or will track update when the letter is due?

Have to wait for the letter XD

I'll go to school and my friend in Shetland will know if he get in because he gets his post before me :s-smilie:

The unbeliever has an insane offer aswell, he need to band 1 A's plus another A plust step if i remember correctly :O
Reply 13
Meteorshower
Have to wait for the letter XD

I'll go to school and my friend in Shetland will know if he get in because he gets his post before me :s-smilie:

The unbeliever has an insane offer aswell, he need to band 1 A's plus another A plust step if i remember correctly :O

Lol don't know why you're bothering I'd hate to go :woo:
pamelaa
Lol don't know why you're bothering I'd hate to go :woo:

It's a pretty amazing place. Definitely worth the torment :yep:

(wont be saying that if/when i get rejected)

Latest

Trending

Trending