The Student Room Group

Unit 4

Who else is doing unit 4? What topic you are not revising and how are you feeling about it? I'll probably leave out Northern Ireland as I found that fairly dull. I'm quite annoyed at how we learn so much for this module but actually get tested on very little.

By the way, is the exam technique similar to that of AS modules? As in you fill it with examples and whatnot; does anybody have any good revision tips for this one?

Cheers!
Reply 1
*bump*

Sorry guys, I wrote down unit 5 when I meant unit 4. Silly me.
Reply 2
How many of the topics do you have to cover to be alright in the exam?
Reply 3
Personally, I'm doing the economy, welfare state, law and order and race relations. Not bothering with Northern Ireland I think.
Reply 4
ahhh doing similar to me....
def doin welfare, economy, education, law and order
northern ireland and race relations as well but not as confident with those
not doin health tho.....completely bomb at it.... =[
=]
arnt the topics northern ireland, welfare, economy, race relations and law and order? isnt education part of welfare.
Reply 6
we've been taught education as a seperate topic...
Reply 7
just seen the specification...for like the first time...yea it is part of welfare...must just be the way my teacher teaches it all... =]
I'm doing Unit 4 old syllabus, Representation in the USA.
Reply 9
oooo we wanted to do America but there was no point changing all the resorces for just one yr to do it coz of the new spec kicking in next yr =[
Becca-Bee
oooo we wanted to do America but there was no point changing all the resorces for just one yr to do it coz of the new spec kicking in next yr =[

I did UK for year 12 and US for year13 and dear god the American stuff is a million times better, but we had the campaign during it aswell, so spent lessons watching speeches on the internet and chanting Obama for whole lessons.
Reply 11
theronkinator
I did UK for year 12 and US for year13 and dear god the American stuff is a million times better, but we had the campaign during it aswell, so spent lessons watching speeches on the internet and chanting Obama for whole lessons.

cool =] our whole class wanted to do America....it sounds soo much better than our Britain stuff =]
lol i wish our lessons like that =D
although we do have some interesting debates =]
Becca-Bee
cool =] our whole class wanted to do America....it sounds soo much better than our Britain stuff =]
lol i wish our lessons like that =D
although we do have some interesting debates =]

We had a class of just guys(girls all dropped out during year 12) and we were good friends and they're were only 11 of us so pretty much every lesson was just banter and watching videos, still learnt alot though. Really laid back though, I only wrote like 5 pages during the whole year, we all passed though.
Reply 13
theronkinator
We had a class of just guys(girls all dropped out during year 12) and we were good friends and they're were only 11 of us so pretty much every lesson was just banter and watching videos, still learnt alot though. Really laid back though, I only wrote like 5 pages during the whole year, we all passed though.

lol awesome >.< our class is evenly split, 3 guys and 3 girls...which is pretty funny for games (we play trivial pursuit fairly often =D)
oooh i wish we only wrote like 5 pages....ive filled about 2 notepads with notes...write sooo much.. =[
=]

Latest

Trending

Trending