The Student Room Group

Oral on a period. Taste?

Anon or delete (not sure why people do this, but better safe than sorry :p: )

For reference: I'm male.

A few days ago, I was giving my gf oral, and the taste was somewhat 'zesty'. I wouldn't know how else to describe it - just different... I didn't mean to be horrible, but I bounced back up, and did that thing with my tongue, where one tries to rub 'taste' off it with their teeth :o:

She then said she was on her period. She had come on that day, but because it was so light, had completely forgotten. Needless to say, we stopped :yep:

It weren't blood that I tasted, but I just wanted to make sure it's normal to taste like that whilst on her period. I know it isn't a common occurance and if I'd known, I'd have kept well away with my tongue, but people may either be into it, had the same experience or been tricked :rolleyes:

So, yeah - normal?

Scroll to see replies

Zesty?

I imagine that what most girls would taste like then (not their blood, as you say) would be more irony than usual. Could it have been that?
Blood has a slightly metallic taste. Not sure what you mean by zesty, that word is usually used to describe texture rather than taste...
Reply 3
RightSaidJames
Blood has a slightly metallic taste. Not sure what you mean by zesty, that word is usually used to describe texture rather than taste...

Never heard it used for texture before, but that's different locations for you...

I suppose slightly tangy, if anything. - That's about as close as I can get.

She doesn't usually 'taste' like that, though.
Reply 4
So if she doesn't normally taste like that, and she was on her period, then surely, logically, that was the (faint) taste of period blood?

I imagine blood doesn't taste that different... have you never bitten your tongue or put your finger in your mouth after you've cut it? Can't you compare it to that?
i'd guess that tangy = iron = the taste of a period.
Zesty= oranges and lemons, non?
Reply 7
Weird Conversation, Am Going Elsewhere.
Reply 8
Haven't you ever had a nose bleed?

That's what the taste of blood is and I should assume that it's the same! :P
Reply 9
Lawl - I thought i'd made it clear but apparently not :p:

It isn't the taste of blood - it's different - I know what blood tastes like, i'm 17 - yes, i've had a nose bleed, yes i've cut my tongue. It doesn't taste like blood!
It was probably a mixture of light blood and cum. Mostly the latter if she'd just come on.
Reply 11
Tastes like Guiness and 1000 island sauce. Yum!
Reply 12
Anonymous

It isn't the taste of blood - it's different - I know what blood tastes like, i'm 17 - yes, i've had a nose bleed, yes i've cut my tongue. It doesn't taste like blood!

Truth is, period blood probably tastes a bit different to normal blood. Certainly it smells different to normal blood - stands to reason that it'd also taste a little different, no?

Yes you tasted period blood. Ewwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwww
Reply 13
dob86
Tastes like Guiness and 1000 island sauce. Yum!

I'm rather intrigued as to how you figure that out.... by the way, Guinness has two Ns.
Reply 14
snail_87
I'm rather intrigued as to how you figure that out.... by the way, Guinness has two Ns.

Must be all them nasty birds I'm going down on.....

One point to the SPAG queen:smile:
Anonymous

period blood isn't the same as normal blood though, it's blood and tissue. it's got the iron content which would explain the tangyness but obviously it's going to taste different as it's more 'meaty' and the addition of normal fluids is going to alter the taste as well.
Still laughing in confusion at "zesty" and now theres "meaty" too.
CheesyBeans
Still laughing in confusion at "zesty" and now theres "meaty" too.

lol it's dead bits of animal! what other word is there? I thought meaty was more appealing than corpsey.
death.drop
lol it's dead bits of animal! what other word is there? I thought meaty was more appealing than corpsey.

:rofl: I quite like corpsey.
Reply 19
weird conversation lol

Latest