The Student Room Group
Student at University of Edinburgh
University of Edinburgh
moonshine_1991
Does anyone know when Edinburgh will start giving out Law offers to Scottish students? I have applied for Law with History and Soc and Eco History and Edinburgh are the only uni that I am still waiting on. Any replies much appreciated.

There is no set time by which the university runs its responses, you have to just keep waiting. Really, and especially as you have other offers, there is no point in hoping for an offer to turn up at a certain point or continuously check for it - the university doesn't have get round to giving them out yet, and when they do your application might not be in the first batch to be looked at. Not to mention that the UCAS deadline hasn't passed yet, so noone is obliged to do anything...
Student at University of Edinburgh
University of Edinburgh
artorscience?
There is no set time by which the university runs its responses, you have to just keep waiting. Really, and especially as you have other offers, there is no point in hoping for an offer to turn up at a certain point or continuously check for it - the university doesn't have get round to giving them out yet, and when they do your application might not be in the first batch to be looked at. Not to mention that the UCAS deadline hasn't passed yet, so noone is obliged to do anything...

Are you studying law? Is there not batches of offers?
moonshine_1991
Are you studying law? Is there not batches of offers?

No, I'm not studying law but the applications are dealt with in the same way across the university.

Applications cannot all be dealt with at the same time, therefore not all offers in the same area of study appear at the same time.
yeah, i got mine a month or so ago, cheeky wee unconditional, cheesing!
legally.blonde.xxx
yeah, i got mine a month or so ago, cheeky wee unconditional, cheesing!

Congrats! Do you mind me asking when you sent of your UCAS and what grades you got?
yeah sent it off 6th october, got 5 As at higher... what did u get?
legally.blonde.xxx
yeah sent it off 6th october, got 5 As at higher... what did u get?

2As, a B and buggered up my other one and ended up with an A at int 2.lol
I am hoping for a conditional of 1 B, but am not holding my breath tbh. Already have offers from Aberdeen and Stirling.
Do you have all your offers then?
moonshine_1991
2As, a B and buggered up my other one and ended up with an A at int 2.lol
I am hoping for a conditional of 1 B, but am not holding my breath tbh. Already have offers from Aberdeen and Stirling.
Do you have all your offers then?

nope, i got a rejection from UCL and havent heard back from durham... got unconditionals to glasgow and edin, and conditional to cambridge... and i thought getting five As would give me a year off! to be honest though, even if u dont, aberdeen and stirling are still really good unis. where else have u applied?
legally.blonde.xxx
nope, i got a rejection from UCL and havent heard back from durham... got unconditionals to glasgow and edin, and conditional to cambridge... and i thought getting five As would give me a year off! to be honest though, even if u dont, aberdeen and stirling are still really good unis. where else have u applied?

I haven't applied just for law. I applied for History at Aberdeen and got an unconditional; social and economic history at Edinburgh(still pending) and law with history at Edinburgh. What made you apply to 3 English unis?
moonshine_1991
I haven't applied just for law. I applied for History at Aberdeen and got an unconditional; social and economic history at Edinburgh(still pending) and law with history at Edinburgh. What made you apply to 3 English unis?

well i want to be a barrister in england cause of london being masssssive! and it seemed easier than doing a conversion course. i was going to do law and history actually... not sure why i decided against it! are u going this year or 2010?
legally.blonde.xxx
well i want to be a barrister in england cause of london being masssssive! and it seemed easier than doing a conversion course. i was going to do law and history actually... not sure why i decided against it! are u going this year or 2010?

This year. I actually cannot wait! When are you going?
moonshine_1991
This year. I actually cannot wait! When are you going?

next year, gonna take a year out to make money, go travelling too hopefully! would only be 17 when starting and not a fan of that idea!
legally.blonde.xxx
next year, gonna take a year out to make money, go travelling too hopefully! would only be 17 when starting and not a fan of that idea!

I suppose that would not be much fun. Luckily I will be 18 a couple of weeks before I start.
well good luck with it, a friend of mine last year didnt hear til march so im sure u will be fine!
legally.blonde.xxx
well good luck with it, a friend of mine last year didnt hear til march so im sure u will be fine!

Thanks. Good luck with your offers too, with your grades I'm sure you won't be rejected by any of them.
Reply 16
i haven't heard ANY THING from edinburgh! :frown: i sent mine off on 8th october. :/

my boyfriend's applied to edinburgh too, and hasn't heard anything. he's doing geography though! good luck, where else have you applied?
ohaidani
i haven't heard ANY THING from edinburgh! :frown: i sent mine off on 8th october. :/

my boyfriend's applied to edinburgh too, and hasn't heard anything. he's doing geography though! good luck, where else have you applied?

Aberdeen and Stirling for Law and Aberdeen and Edinburgh for History.

Latest

Trending

Trending